It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

It's pretty much a win-win situation for the administration at this point, don't you think?

I really can't think of any substantial negative repercussions for the President if he supports it.

Trump just says sh*&. Pro-Choice? Pro-Life/ Democrat? Republican? Close friends with Putin? Never met him?
The list is virtually endless.

No, he will not support legalizing Marijuana.

The Private Prison industry has given him too much money and he needs a reasons to exert Federal Crackdowns on liberal states that do not support him.

edit on 10-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

???

This is not about legalizing marijuana, nor is the Bill and that's not what it's even about. It's about giving the States the right to decide for themselves without Federal interference. You really should read the details, including the promise that was made in mid-April when thes first evolved, so you at least know what the topic is.

edit on 6/10/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

(post by rollanotherone removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

???

This is not about legalizing marijuana, nor is the Bill and that's not what it's even about. It's about giving the States the right to decide for themselves without Federal interference.

And you still seem to be oblivious to Trump's nature.

He says things all the time that he does not mean. He flip flops from hour to hour.

But he is consistent in his love of federal authority. He is not going to sign any bill that relinquishes Federal oversight, especially as it might apply to Marijuana, not because he has a moral or intellectual position, but because it is a mechanism to threaten liberal states like California.

From the OP Article

“We have seen this president voice his support for a lot of things related to cannabis, but he has done absolutely nothing to move legislation,” said Hudak. “This is just more empty rhetoric from a president who is vague on this issue.”

edit on 10-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I'd rather it stay illegal than this bozo get any credit for making it legal. Pretty soon, in his own feeble mind, it will be his efforts ALONE that made it possible. Screw Trump.

(post by GeorgePerry removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

I'd rather it stay illegal than this bozo get any credit for making it legal. Pretty soon, in his own feeble mind, it will be his efforts ALONE that made it possible. Screw Trump.

Why does it matter who gets credit or claims credit?

If legalization is the end result, then that should be celebrated.

When you use sour grapes, all you can make is whine.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Words are one thing, but actions are where it counts. I'll believe it when I see it. Even your article points out that there is a lot riding against pot being legalized federally still. If it comes about, I'll give him props for doing it though even if it pains me to do so.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t It`s going to happen,public opinion,science,realization it`s wrong to punish people harshly for toking,many factors are pushing legalization.Probably sooner than later and the sooner the better.A bigger punch to the drug cartels would be hard to imagine.The most popular drug legalized? Prohibition didn`t work either.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I know it's GOING to happen. I just don't trust that it will happen under Trump. If he surprises me, I will give him credit where due, but his party is the primary antagonists holding the country back from legalizing it. And I'm sure they won't go down without a fight.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: richapau

Why does it matter who gets credit or claims credit?

Agreed.

If legalization is the end result, then that should be celebrated.

All he has done is say something and thus far he has proven to be the least credible President in history.

On the other hand, if you are willing to "celebrate" actual ACTIONS, are you willing to assign credit to what he has ACTUALLY DONE? Because his words mean NOTHING.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Thursday rescinded an Obama administration policy that had eased enforcement of federal marijuana laws in states that legalized the drug, instead giving federal prosecutors wide latitude to pursue criminal charges.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ridgerunner

I know it's GOING to happen. I just don't trust that it will happen under Trump. If he surprises me, I will give him credit where due, but his party is the primary antagonists holding the country back from legalizing it. And I'm sure they won't go down without a fight.

Here is the truth about Trump that his supporters don't get.

He panders to people. That is his platform.

That is why he will "tweet" one position and then actually do the opposite.

Because the GOP in DC know how to push his buttons to get what they want.

He is a very useful idiot.

That is also why the GOP in DC continue to support and defend him despite all the insane controversies.

edit on 11-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Exactly this! This is why I don't trust anything he says until I see it implemented. Trump has been known to go with the idea of the last person he talked to. So all it will take is for a coalition of idiotic narcotics officers and busy-body religious fundamentalists talking to him shortly before the bill comes to a vote and he'll kill it.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The pseudo-libertarian wing of his coalition is not large and are not sufficiently committed to legalization or states rights to advocate loudly for this. They are not Ron Paul followers. Freedom is a buzzword and States Rights is an embarrassingly confusing topic to them.

The "Law and Order" wing of his coalition however, with their over-active amygdalas crave authoritarianism. His unqualified defense of law enforcement crack-downs and abuses.
That wing of his coalition is vocal and critical to his survival.

An African American smoking pot on a street corner should be locked up, but a white kid shooting heroine in his parents basement needs counseling.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Plus the Keebler Elf is still the AG, and he is like the anti-pot poster boy. Trump and him may not be as close as they were during the election months, but you know that he'll be putting his (uneducated) opinion into the mix too.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Plus the Keebler Elf is still the AG, and he is like the anti-pot poster boy. Trump and him may not be as close as they were during the election months, but you know that he'll be putting his (uneducated) opinion into the mix too.

Perhaps he could be convinced to recuse himself in the matter...

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

As I said originally, I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Actually, Canada just went legal all the way.....so.....the first nation all the way legal

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Actually, Canada just went legal all the way.....so.....the first nation all the way legal

i think canada may be named after the plant.

i think it is canna-bosem?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is like 420 level chess. Trump claims to be the champion of MJ while his keebler elf troll Sessions actively wields the federal government against legalization at every turn.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join