It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many days should i go swimming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
if you've read any of my prevoius posts im trying to lose weight ive now realised that ive lost enough to start toning up my body and im going to do it with swimming because ive heard it uses all muscules so my quetion is how many times in the week should i do it im thinking twice but i dont know how many lengths are good to do how many should i start on?

thanks in advance for your answers

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are no exercises that "tone" muscles...this is a common workout myth. The only two things that determine how toned you look are muscle size and body fat...so just start lifting weights and doing a lot of cardio and you will achieve that look. Swimming is good cardio, but it's not going to give you muscles...since you've probably never done any resistance training before, its possible swimming will increase your muscle mass slightly, but after that it won't do much.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ok thanks im going to do a lot of resistance as well now then

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
ok i posted this on a nother topic but its likely the same

also i wonder but have u ever considerd going to the pool, i remember when i went to the ocean, my grandma has a house in croatia and its like right on this small island called vir, anyway the ocean is like only like 500 feet from our house and every day we would go swiming. almost everyday since we were there ( this was like last summer we were there for like 1 month) i felt great no back pain, no pain at all

i guess it is true that when u swimm it is good for your spine and back

just go to the y and swim or at your local pool, believe me it will work

just try to swim ever y day

top topics

join