It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Follies of Activism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So Trump is Hitler.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your entire thread refutes itself. You are creating your own arbitrary parameters for what activism is by using the worst possible examples you can think of.

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I guess this means Trump is literally Hitler after all. He campaigned to bring political and social change to America. I'm sure he's executing Jews on 5th Avenue as we speak.

Your entire thread refutes itself. You are creating your own arbitrary parameters for what activism is by using the worst possible examples you can think of.

I said the Nazis were activists by definition, not that Activists are Nazis.

Do you just wake up on the side of the bed one morning and tell yourself you're going to act like an idiot for a little while? I know you're smarter than this.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The right to protest is enshrined in our 1st Amendment, so you can not like it all you want but protesting and activism is as American as apple pie.

The right to peacefully assemble is.

or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And how is that not protesting?
edit on 8-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Bingo.

You just said bingo to the worst argument I've read today. Life must be so uncomplicated for you guys.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Sorry I'll spell it out for people who aren't that quick on the uptake. If you are resorting to violence to get your way then you've already bypassed peaceful means.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And how is that not protesting?

It can be, sure. But protesting as such is not enshrined in the 1st amendment.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Lies and corruption leave the taxpayers no choice but "activism" We need more activism, not less.

Remember the T party? Both of em?

edit on 8-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That whole post's description also mirrors the traits in organized government.

link   

Trump was also an activist during his campaign to become president with his "mobs" following him around to his rallies. "Mob rule" is what made Trump president is it not? Yet here you are comparing what he did to what Nazi's did as if there is actually any comparison at all.

You're so intellectually dishonest when you're called out for your BS. You called activism "dangerous" because there are bad activists. Well, in that same line of thought guns are dangerous because murderers use them to kill people.
edit on 6/8/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I'm not sure I understand.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sorry I'll spell it out for people who aren't that quick on the uptake. If you are resorting to violence to get your way then you've already bypassed peaceful means.

it is just as stupid in this post as it was in the other

pointless to conflate protecting yourself with resorting to violence...total douchbaggery

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Trump was also an activist during his campaign to become president with his "mobs" following him around to his rallies. "Mob rule" is what made Trump president is it not?

Yet here you are comparing what he did to what Nazi's did as if there is actually ahh comparison at all. You're so intellectually dishonest when you're called out for your BS. You called activism "dangerous" because there are bad activists. Well, in that same line of thought guns are dangerous because murderers use them to kill people.

I haven't compared what he or anyone did to the Nazis. You're just lying.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Activism as you are complaining about certainly is though.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I was talking about using the 2nd to defend rights, not protect yourself. How about slow your roll and actually read the words thoroughly before responding? I know me posting anything that even has a whiff of being anti-gun will trigger you attack dogs, but at LEAST try to understand my point before getting all bent out of shape.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Activism as such is not enshrined in the 1st amendment. It is protected by the first amendment, however.

edit on 8-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You just said bingo to the worst argument I've read today.

You must not have read your own OP.

Literally, you are arguing against that which is vital to a functioning society.

Life must be so uncomplicated for you guys.

Please stick to the topic. It gets very old having to read your childish retorts on a regular basis.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Splitting hairs now.

link   

Ah ok, so your rant about activism has nothing to do with activists. Activists and activism are completely separate in the reality you have concocted in this thread. Interesting. Usually when you are criticizing an action you are criticizing those who take said action as well. But nope, not in Les' imaginary world. Actions and the ones who make them are totally separate.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: InTheLight

I'm not sure I understand.

I know....

Activism is the only way to keep corruption and lies in check.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join