It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rakhmat Akilov sentenced to life imprisonment for Stockholm terror attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Stockholm District Court also found him guilty of 119 counts of attempted murder and 24 counts of endangering others. He will be deported from Sweden once his sentence is served and banned from returning.

An average life term in Sweden is 16 years, while the longest term a person has served in the Nordic nation is 34 years.

The trial, which started in February was one of the biggest in Swedish history, involving 144 plaintiffs including victims, family members and others affected by the attack.

Rakhmat Akilov sentenced to life imprisonment for Stockholm terror attack

WOW!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

Did I read that right? Banish him from Sweden after he serves his sentence?? WOW!!! My head is very confused right now.

The District Court agreed with Ihrman, labeling the attack “perhaps the most serious crime ever carried out in Sweden”.

Potentially the most serious crime ever carried out in Sweden and he's going home? This is what happens when social justice take over your government. It's a dangerous philosophy that's based on a world that really doesn't exist.

There are two worlds, there's the world that we want to exist and there's the world that really exist. We need to start acknowledging the reality of the world we live in today and start thinking based on that reality. This happy hippy dippy lovey world we want isn't the real world.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Potentially the most serious crime ever carried out in Sweden and he's going home?

Yes! After he serves his life sentence!

Sounds about right to me.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Did you read the article most life sentences last 16 years that's nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sooo by life imprisonment they mean his life in Sweden?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I I ever need to kill someone, remind me to do it in Sweden.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Their country, their rules.
One thing that stands out though is the deportation order.
Seems they are toughening up in this regard, though I wonder how they will get this past the EU Human rights court.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This is pretty common in regards to law for foreigners , serve your custodial sentence in the country you commit the crime and get deported ....what do you think they should do?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I I ever need to kill someone, remind me to do it in Sweden.

You obviously didn't think this through, what will happen when he reaches his home country after his sentence is over?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This is pretty common in regards to law for foreigners , serve your custodial sentence in the country you commit the crime and get deported ....what do you think they should do?

Like Singapore or is it Malaysia?

Deported in a box.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Try again, that has not answered my question.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A public drawn and quartered (William Wallace)with his head on a post in front of the capital comes to mind.

Spread his 4 limbs N ,S, E, W, to the furthermost corners of the realm and let the fish or pigs have his torso..

Probably to good for him but I am feeling merciful. hahaha
edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

join