It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Two Transgenders Blow Out Girls In State Meet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PhatalError

Yes, testosterone level are the main indicator that the IOC uses.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Why are we watching or placing any importance in other people running?

More of us need to get off our own lazy butts and run more; but watching other people run, that just seems like a waist of time.

It's even worse that we are now worried that these other people we are watching run might not win because someone else is better at it than they are.

some are much better at it...

I stand corrected watching other people run is now my favorite past time.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So the NCAA, the IOC, national and international bodies that are responsible for adjudicating the fairness of participation in amateur and professional sport are all just wrong on the issue?

Because they have devised ways, based on science, to allow trans athletes to compete.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Never read this before, but it seems to have the gist covered:

fairplayforwomen.com...

Biological sex affects every part of us, down to the cellular level. Women and men are more similar than different (we’re all human beings) but our sex informs our bodily structure & function, metabolic processes, and health outcomes.

Some key differences denoted, with my comments following:

Men have bigger heads, longer arms and longer legs than women, relative to body size. Sources differ on comparative limb length but they all agree women have smaller, lighter heads & necks. Did you know a human head weighs about 5kg?

Long arms makes men better at throwing. Longer legs gives us a longer stride and makes us more efficient runners as well. Add in the ratio of leg length to body length, and there are some "loopholes" that are taken advantage of with regards to physics (the pivot point for the human foot is actually several inches beneath the bottom of the foot, with the shape of the foot providing a lever action to help make walking more efficient...men have bigger feet and thus can exploit this feature more readily)

Women’s elbows & shoulders are slightly different from men’s. Our arms bend a little further from our bodies and are more mobile at both joints.

This again gives men a physical advantage in throwing sports. This doesn't even get into brain wiring...its pure physics. A greater range of movement offers significant advantage.

Women have a longer torso. Our skeleton accommodates extra reproductive organs and finds space to push things out of the way during pregnancy. It makes our legs shorter than men’s.

See the above point regarding the human foot and the pivot point for walking. There is a significant disadvantage for women because of this.

Men’s legs are straighter because of their narrow pelvis. Women’s slanted thigh bones put extra pressure on the knee joints, which have to rotate while men’s do not.

The act of running, itself, is harder on women than men. The pelvis that allows women greater balance also put greater pressure on the knees.

Women’s skulls are thicker by 10% but men tend to have a bony ridge on the brow line and a heavier jaw. The male forehead is likely to slope backwards; women’s are more vertical.

The ability of a man to take a blow to the head is quite a bit greater than a woman. Even the facial construction...mens faces are designed to be punched without killing us. Women...not so much.

Eyesight: Women’s colour perception and peripheral vision are better than men’s. Men do better on long distance focus. These may be evolutionary adaptations for childcare and hunting, respectively.

The difference in sight allows for men to see whats in front of them more clearly, and track that movement. This ties in to our superior throwing ability. Women have greater peripheral vision.

This is just skeletal differences. Differences that cannot be overcome by drugs or surgery.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The new policy was criticized for essentially expelling hyperandrogenic athletes from participating in professional sports unless they undergo dramatic medical modifications, and was recently suspended temporarily by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) after runner Dutee Chand refused to regulate her testosterone levels in order to compete as a female.4 The CAS decision reenergized the cultural and scientific testosterone debate, and was marked by the introduction of new arguments regarding whether or not the testosterone rule serves the objective of ‘fairness’ in sports.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

crazy to think anyone should follow these steps
edit on 8-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I sit on my butt and drink beer and still gain more muscle than women that go to the gym to try and get in shape. Its a true comment. Not even being a smart ass. Thats mainly where my viewpoint comes from. Biological men are just more naturally inclined for athletics, through biology. Not through choice. That has been not only my opinion but my experience. Even back when I was in the Army. Same thing. Women(support MOS) could never compete with us(Infantry). Maybe our PT was different... but PT was what you made of it. None of us strove to be competitive... but the differences in ability was obvious

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If we are talk science, Ill need my points regarding skeleton to be resolved. Because physics controls physical movement.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If we are talk science, Ill need my points regarding skeleton to be resolved. Because physics controls physical movement.

Okay, show me a study that proves the relationship of bone density in trans women to athletic performance.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well that explains why I did so well running, I am physically built more like a man - longer arms and legs, shorter torso, more sloping forehead, etc.

That doesn't mean I could compete against actual men though.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Hint: Your article is talking about women competing as women.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well that explains why I did so well running, I am physically built more like a man - longer arms and legs, shorter torso, more sloping forehead, etc.

You could probably compete against about 80% of men and win.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

yep bones and such actually do aid in our movement

link   

I seem to have missed where that obviously feminist biased website linked any sources. Can you please point those out so i can reassure myself those points are nonbiased?

link   
a reply to: PhatalError

And that's true too.

No matter what I did, I could not effectively build upper body strength. I could and did build core strength and leg strength like a champ. Could kick like a horse, but never could build upper body muscle no matter what I did.

Maybe I ought to have tried hormones.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

oh noes

must be the end of the world for you to have to see such madness

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Isn't your source an advocacy group trying to keep trans girls/women out of sport?

Not trying to damn the source, but ...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You could probably compete against about 80% of men and win.

At this point a skinny girl probably could take me down. Not that I mind.

link   

Not anymore, and even then, they had to be the guys who did nothing. Guys who were in shape were going to be tough to beat, even for a high functioning female athlete.

Now, if we were going over hurdles or high jumping maybe, but a straight sprint?

link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

oh noes

must be the end of the world for you to have to see such madness

Not at all. Your article actually supports my contention (and that of the IOC, NCAA, etc.) that testosterone levels should be seriously considered as a factor in competive play regardless of sex, gender or gender identity.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Not anymore, and even then, they had to be the guys who did nothing. Guys who were in shape were going to be tough to beat, even for a high functioning female athlete.

Now, if we were going over hurdles or high jumping maybe, but a straight sprint?

I still say that a well-trained woman can overcome a sizable group of average guys.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join