It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Two Transgenders Blow Out Girls In State Meet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So your suggestion is to keep things as they are and exclude trans folks from competition?

Not sure anyone knows a "fair" solution. Perhaps there should be a separate "doping" class where performance enhancing supplements are allowed.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
After reading the article, a young lady named Bridget Lalonde twitter.com... ers-blow-out-girls-state-meet-hank-berrien
won the actual title of fastest female runner in that 100 M. She should hold her head high for her accomplishment of beating all the other females she competed against. Hopefully someone awarded her a title and I can only assume she will go on to perform great feats in her life.

I do wonder where the feminists are on all of this. There was once a time when males beating down females in what's supposed to be a girls only event would have caused an uproar from their movement. Now we hear scarcely a stir... think their order givers aren't connected deeply to the agenda pushers?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

So your suggestion is to keep things as they are and exclude trans folks from competition?

Not sure anyone knows a "fair" solution. Perhaps there should be a separate "doping" class where performance enhancing supplements are allowed.

We do not need a solution other than medical help for those who can't accept reality without destroying it.

really how hard is the logic here?

innies on one side and outies on the other

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

For the most part, that's my solution. In this particular case there's more than one of them, so they could have simply ran against each other, give whoever "wins" a token medal, and move on from the spectacle to the male and female athletes who aren't using veritable steroids and lies to reach the winners' circle.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Except that "innies" on heavy doses of testosterone wouldn't be a fair competition against other "innies".

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If people want to bitch about something then how about tackle male gynecologist.

Dum dum dum

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Except that "innies" on heavy doses of testosterone wouldn't be a fair competition against other "innies".

that is doping and is illegal if the law is applied

we have solutions for life as it should be

we do not need to rearrange things

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thus, perhaps there should be a separate "doping" class where performance enhancing supplements are allowed so that all students are allowed to participate in some fashion.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hm, no. This ain't right.

They need a plan B.

This reminds me of when Andy Kaufman took up wrestling women. That was super creepy.

Would courtesy be too much to ask? (Enter another competition).
edit on 6/8/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Thus, perhaps there should be a separate "doping" class where performance enhancing supplements are allowed so that all students are allowed to participate in some fashion.

no mentally ill students should not be allowed to compete over their level of insanity.

You will never reach 100% in these matters.

Someone will always be the odd man out..how bout we let the odd man out be that guy

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

But... but... but... what about the odd woman out?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

My solution is for them to choose: serious competition or making their outward selves attempt to match their inward ones.

No one said they can't do sports, but in serious competition, the playing field for all participants needs to be as level as possible and when you have some competitors who can get away with the functional equivalent of doping and call it "treatment" while others would be barred from competing for doing the same, it isn't fair.

So if a transgender wants to compete, they need to decide which is more important - their sport or their physical transition. Don't tell me it's unfair; it's just as unfair as what we see in this video. Athletes all over the world can and do make incredible physical and mental sacrifices for their sports all the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You're talking about the biological evolution of sex not gender. Gender is a socio-cultural matter.

The same arguments were used to exclude women from sports altogether.

I disagree that the only fair way to partition competitive athletics is by gender.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My solution would be to eliminate all "classes" of athletics.

If you're the fastest runner, then you're the fastest runner.

If you're the highest jumper, then you're the highest jumper.

Period.

Dividing athletics by gender is sexist.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trans folks are not using steroids simply to win in highschool/collegiate sports.

You're better than to even suggest something that absurd.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

They have to choose to be who they are or to compete in sports?

Yeah, sounds fair. Nah, just exclude trans kids. It'd be easier on them.

edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I guess we should tell this to the entire worlds hormonal system, so that we all create equal amounts of testosterone and estrogen.
You know, for equality.
Youre obviously mad because people are expected to give a little bit of respect to the one thing that represents your ability to say the # you want to. Your freedom of speech. Go burn a north korean flag in pyongyang. See what happens then. Enjoy the things you overprivileged children take for granted.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My solution would be to eliminate all "classes" of athletics.

If you're the fastest runner, then you're the fastest runner.

If you're the highest jumper, then you're the highest jumper.

Period.

Dividing athletics by gender is sexist.

lol

there is no difference in your way and the way we all grew up with

nature does the dividing

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You're talking about the biological evolution of sex not gender. Gender is a socio-cultural matter.

The same arguments were used to exclude women from sports altogether.

I disagree that the only fair way to partition competitive athletics is by gender.

If you disagree, then you should be able to provide a viable alternative to consider. Otherwise, on what basis are you disagreeing?

The point about gender vs sex...i fail to see why it matters here? For someone not in the LGBT world, they are one in the same. Its a point too sublime to bother trying to sort.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

But... but... but... what about the odd woman out?

i will take two if we have extras

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join