It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Two Transgenders Blow Out Girls In State Meet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: intrepid

That's already in place.

[quote

There are many sports that have these classes/ divisions ... wouldn't this make all competition more fair?

Fair for who? No one is kept out or disadvantaged with the way things are.

This thread is about unfair competition based purely on gender.

No, it's based on transgender.

It's clear that is no longer a fair partition.

Women can and do compete with men. Haley Wickenheiser(sp) played professional hockey Scandinavia. Manan Rhehum(sp) played in one NHL game. They play at the level they can. You can't swing it the other way.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If I was girl and on that running team I would just all the real girls together and sit out the race .
It is kind of funny in a sad way women ares o bussie saying how = they are that they are destroying them self .
These girl are most likely just girls who want nothing to do with the crazy women but now are stuck in this lala land .

Now I do believe the younger gen has going off the deep end . Ok every gen has going through the teen years then relize it is time to grow up Usaly around 20 .
But this gen is hitting near 30 and some over 30 and still want to live like life is a never ending party .

Now honstly i would not care thing is most have created children who NETHER parent takes care of .
O single mom may have them but if you knew the life these kids live you would cry .

One thing no one seams to think about any more is what will happen when at 50 the party ends and no one is there to help ?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hooray for progress!

Suck it up, lil' buttercups!

Young ladies are gonna need to step up their game if they want to compete in the new progressive utopia!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So... We can do away with weight classes in combat sports then?

Does that make sense to do?

Me, sitting at 300lbs and having a championship power lifting history behind me as well as a decade of martial arts training vs Ryan Seacrest....does it make sense to remove weight classes?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Me, sitting at 300lbs and having a championship power lifting history behind me as well as a decade of martial arts training vs Ryan Seacrest....does it make sense to remove weight classes?

I would soooooooo pay to see that!

Please, please, PLEASE let Seacrest foolishly agree to take you on!

edit on 6/8/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

I agree completely.

So, why shouldn't we base the classes of athletic completion on rational factors ... ranges of muscle mass, bone density even testosterone levels?

Because those aren't the only metrics that matter.

Along with muscle mass, you also have muscle composition. The types of muscle matter. You also have connections. Where on the bone the muscle connects matters. Because in the end, its still the physics of leverage, and a muscle connected at the right angle makes all the difference. Its why the bite strength can vary so widely in dogs, even though they are all dogs....the shape of the head changes how the muscles attach, which changes the strength that they function at.

Bone density...another one that only tells half the story. Also important is the curve of the bones, and how they fit together. Take a chimp, with its far superior bone density and physical strength...it cannot throw anywhere near as well as a human. Neanderthals couldn't either. For the same reason: the shape of the shoulders changes how the muscles function. The physics of leverage.

In a woman, the pelvis is shaped differently, allowing for a greater amount of dexterity and balance. An example with a simple experiment:

The difference is physiological in nature, and not something that surgery can change.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The issue is by dividing competition merely based on gender transgirls have an unfair PHYSICAL advantage ... Isn't it?

So "playing at the level you can" is based on similar physical ability ... Right? That's what I'm suggesting ... Rather than creating competitive divisions based on gender (identity) why can't we base them on physical measures?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I wasn't offering a comprehensive list of physical characteristics, merely suggesting that as an answer to the fairly obvious PHYSICAL inequities pointed to in the OP we devise a more fair system of competitive categories.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Xx
edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Xy
edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So "playing at the level you can" is based on similar physical ability ... Right? That's what I'm suggesting ... Rather than creating competitive divisions based on gender (identity) why can't we base them on physical measures?

Because that naturally leads to sexual divisions which progressives view as sexist since... a woman can do "anything" a man can do.

Progressives refuse to acknowledge inherent physical advantages and disadvantages that each sex has when paired against another.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

"Progressives" aren't homogeneous in my experience.

I agree that we need to grow up as a culture and face actual facts. This is not limited to competitive sport.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The issue is by dividing competition merely based on gender transgirls have an unfair PHYSICAL advantage ... Isn't it?

We do.

Women in one and men in the other.

What you and the transgenders are doing is persistently conflating biology with gender. It seems to happen when it's convenient and not when it's not.

In this case, we divide by biology. Biological women and biological men, and if you are transgender and want to compete, then you have to decide which is most important - competition or your mental gender expression. People are supposed to decide who is best based on their natural equipment - body they were *born* with - and the outcome of their personal training which leads to their skill.

For a transgender, the body they were born with does not match who they think/feel they are, so they seek to alter that outward reality. The problem then becomes that they are not competing on level playing field because they are no longer competing with their natural equipment.

For regular athletes, it is called doping.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If i stood outside your house with fuel and matches you would stop me from burning down your house.

Do you people think your culture is fireproof?

Why continue allow people to try to destroy your house?

Oh i see it is fun to watch and faux internet outrage

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

"Progressives" aren't homogeneous in my experience.

I agree that we need to grow up as a culture and face actual facts. This is not limited to competitive sport.

I wouldn't consider Liberals homogeneous, but "Progressives", in large part, are. Progressives just happen to align themselves on the radical "liberal" end of the political spectrum.

Yes, I agree we do need to face facts and take a much more pragmatic approach to many things not limited to competitive sports.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i can’t even comment on this, except to say each one of those athletes should of walked, and honestly all men and women should walk until they figure this out.

I actually liked that post about them competing naked. Guess it’s time to rip off the clothes to prove a point.

Make and female body is different from testosterone standpoint as it is a muscle building hormone.

Perhaps to make it fully fair, they measure this number randomly over the years they plant to compete to make sure “letting it rise” isn’t used in a method of training by missing their suppressants.

Then at time their tested levels of testosterone gets measured and calculated against women competitors, if it is higher by more then 10% instant disqualification.
edit on 8-6-2018 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Just goes to show that the best girls can’t even keep up with half a man. Maybe this paygap thing should be widened a little bit more until the ladies step up their game.

Sarcasm knob turned back to 3

Some of the best sarcasm will always ring true to an extent. My friend that is some great sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So your suggestion is to keep things as they are and exclude trans folks from competition?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Transgenders should only compete against other transgenders.

Holy cow, we agree on this topic.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I wasn't offering a comprehensive list of physical characteristics, merely suggesting that as an answer to the fairly obvious PHYSICAL inequities pointed to in the OP we devise a more fair system of competitive categories.

I know. Im stating that there isn't one. That men and women evolved over thousands and tens of thousands of years to be, phsycially, what we are today. Humans recent notions of gender fluidity may make sense when talking psychologically...but physically there is just not path around it.

The only way to keep physical competition fair, barring any reasonable suggestions, is to divide by gender, then by weight class.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join