It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Two Transgenders Blow Out Girls In State Meet

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

The more we categorize, the more it dilutes the effort.

It won't be enough to say, "fastest runner".

Now it'll be "fastest runner" in the transgender/left-handed/had an ingrown toenail but got over it/knows a Ginger/is a Mulato/and likes to wear hats

Category.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: intrepid

However, the exclusion of a trans student from competition is not fair...

Are you still going on about this? Trans students can still compete. Just in the category that they were born into.

Still going on about it? Well, that's one way to phrase it.

I'd phrase it as gatekeeping.

The "category they were born into" is not the only factor. Legally speaking, medically, psychologically and factually.

Yes it is the only factor. That's why there are so many different categories for competition. We've already been through this. If one can compete on any given level, that they are eligible for, they can. Trans person can throw a football far with accuracy I'm sure they would get a pro contract. Same as any man or woman. In athletics though they have to compete as their biology has dictated. Legally, medically and physiologically are already factored in. If you can compete, you can. If not, too bad so sad.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And if you want a TG division....cool. I doubt that will make ESPN any time soon though.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Another comment that I agree with you on ... what's wrong with you/me?

You've just made a perfect observation on the logical outcome of carrying identity politics too far.

Texan floated an interesting idea above ... if we transition athletic events to alternate kinds of competition or non-competition.

Not sure that'd work across the board, but, I appreciate thinking outside the box.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You'd phrase what as gatekeeping? Your off-topic remark directed at me personally? Ok.

No, biological sex is not the only factor. Yes, we have already been through this.

We still disagree with each other. So?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Typically there is certain members of ATS that rush in to protect there transgender sisters/buddies......it's been crickets from that group on this thread. So I have to wonder if they think this is finally "a bridge to far" for them.

Just as there are certain members of ATS that always rush in to attack transgender folks?

Yeah, funny how the world works, isn't it? People on a discussion board have different ideas.

Exactly. I commented yesterday on one of the other “we hate transgender people” threads that every few months, a slew of these types of threads pop up. It’s that time again. No matter how many links I provide, or how much information I share, there are *some* people who like to bash on trans people. Meh. It gets old.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And if you want a TG division....cool. I doubt that will make ESPN any time soon though.

I want equal treatment for all.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Typically there is certain members of ATS that rush in to protect there transgender sisters/buddies......it's been crickets from that group on this thread. So I have to wonder if they think this is finally "a bridge to far" for them.

Just as there are certain members of ATS that always rush in to attack transgender folks?

Yeah, funny how the world works, isn't it? People on a discussion board have different ideas.

Exactly. I commented yesterday on one of the other “we hate transgender people” threads that every few months, a slew of these types of threads pop up. It’s that time again. No matter how many links I provide, or how much information I share, there are *some* people who like to bash on trans people. Meh. It gets old.

Yeah, I know. I guess I felt like "tagging in" on this one.

I have to admit, I'm saddened at some of the posters who seem to have lost their sense of the importance of equality.

Oh well. Life goes on.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I have to admit, I'm saddened at some of the posters who seem to have lost their sense of the importance of equality.

It's not equality to allow people with male physiology to compete with women. It's not hate for TG folk. I have no problem with them. LOGIC has a problem with this type of competition.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My youngest plays piano.

He competes in different recitals. Yes, there are competitive recitals.

They don't award winners based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion.

They base it on talent.

Some are just more talented than others.

Should a runner be penalized for being talented simply because they are transgender?

It has always irritated me. Like in golf, women have a different tee-off than men.

But I suck at golf, so why should women have an advantage simply because of their gender?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knightshadowz

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Daily Wire

On Monday, when Connecticut had its State Open track and field championships at Willow Brook Park, one person broke the State Open records for girls in both the 100 and 200-meter runs.

That person was a biological boy.

Terry Miller of Bulkeley, a transgender, won the events. In the 100 meter dash, the runner-up was Andraya Yearwood of Cromwell, also a transgender.

I agree with Janice Turners tweet above - 100%. I don't think its fair for the girls having to compete with boys in a girls race. Now, you can go online to any number of sites to see what folks are saying about this situation.

Thoughts and criticisms are most welcome..........

It seems that this is going to be the problem with the gender fluidity movement. Many track and fields sports have always been based on the idea that those competing were of the same physiological makeup.

Arguments of what defines a persons gender have no place in a physical competition to determine who has developed their skills to the greatest degree of prowess amongst each respected sex.

If this type of competition is to continue, then it is an unfortunate fact that competitions will have to structure themselves to include brackets for pre-op transgender male and female athletes to compete with each other to enforce equal competition.

Its another moment that redefines how we view the world, but its also a matter of fair play and the love of the sports overall. No one should be kept from competing by any means, but competing in a female bracket without having gone through a sex change or hormone therapy creates an unfair physical gap between the competitors that a gender excuse doesn't make up for.

-Shadow

I have to agree that there is merit in saying that Pre-op and Pre-hormonal therapy is simply Transgendered. Male and female has always been determined by biological and physical attributes. Once a transgendered individual has completed that transition then they should no longer be considered Transgendered but simply a male or female.

Until that transition is complete, they should not be placed in the opposite gender physical identification, especially in competitive sports.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Men have testicles. Women don't.

So we should separate equestrian show jumping because women have a physical advantage?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It's not equality to allow people with male physiology to compete with women. It's not hate for TG folk. I have no problem with them. LOGIC has a problem with this type of competition.

Okay, if the real matter that causes the unfair condition is physical attributes and innate abilities, let's divide into competitive groups on that basis then! Too bad someone didn't suggest that already, huh?

Logic applies to unfair/inequtiable physical capabilities. Breaking up along male/female lines isn't going to cut it anymore.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed. Different types of competition focus on different abilities ... I think we can still acknowledge that while maintaining fair (and interesting) competitions.

Excellence in piano consists of natural talent, training, and a lot (LOT LOT) of hard work.

When categorizing by sex insured that people of similar innate ranges of physical characteristics were competing with each other ... it made sense.

It doesn't now.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Okay, if the real matter that causes the unfair condition is physical attributes and innate abilities, let's divide into competitive groups on that basis then! Too bad someone didn't suggest that already, huh?

Logic applies to unfair/inequtiable physical capabilities. Breaking up along male/female lines isn't going to cut it anymore.

We did and have all throughout the thread.

It's called separating by biology.

I am sorry if transgenders and LGBT find this to be inherently hostile and now so do progressives because they want so very badly to create gender and biological sex as completely artificially imposed societal constructs. But they aren't and they show up especially starkly in competition.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Now all of the fine educations offered via Athletic Scolarships which have traditionally supported the betterment of generations of underprivileged women can be rerouted to gender-dyslexic or gender-confused people....how do you like my terminologys huh....no room for whining there is there....lol....I wont even say nor type the engineered false-names or titles these small special interest groups buy and pay for and solidify in legal courts....lol....they used money to ADD words to our language and then they used money to fortify their own small special interests as human rights....lol...there is NO SUCH THING AS GENDER DIVERSITY....there is male and female and then there are a spectrum of small special interest groups who choose to support and prolong gender-dyslexia or confusion because they enjoy living that way...which is their right IMHO....unless we choose to force them to address their special needs....I know a Family with Schitzophrenia running rampant and 1/2 of them CHOOSE WILLINGLY TO NOT MEDICATE and they UNDERSTAND THE CHAOS AND DAMAGES THEY CAUSE TO THEMSELVES AND OTHERS LIVING UN-TREATED....but they make this choice freely.....they are yet another small special interest group and there are no LAWS to make them deal with their special needs.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Do you just ignore what doesn't support your stance? I posted that just up on this page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, it will. I don't see the IOC changing that anytime soon. If ever. I see I have to get the finger puppets out. Here, answer these:

At what point do TG get to compete in an arena that they weren't born to?

Pre-op?

Can one claim to be TG and just automatically compete with women?

How do TG folk retard their physical attributes to keep them in line with female abilities?

As stated above, if this is so damn important why don't they compete in a TG forum?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Men have testicles. Women don't.

So we should separate equestrian show jumping because women have a physical advantage?

I can't tell if you're joking or serious sometimes.

Your kid in competitive recitals is competing in a field where physicality doesn't come into play much like it doesn't in games like chess or in the e-sports.

In equestrian, the sexes aren't divided because the horse takes care of most of the physicality, and the way they humans ride eliminates the issue with testicles - seriously pay attention to their seat. They don't actually sit very heavily on the saddle and if they do, something is wrong. It's called posting.

But in sports where you are measuring raw physicality against other competitors, biological sex plays a big role which is why the sexes have been divided and why you don't see women in professional basketball or football or baseball.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Separating by simple reference to birth sex isn't working, so why is there a problem with moving on and finding fair alternatives?

It's rhetorical ... there's nothing wrong with it.

In CT, the law says a person's gender is their gender identity, and the high-school athletics guidelines divide by gender not sex. Take it up with the folks in CT.

I see no reason to bring up more generic (and divisive) political phrases that don't mean anything.

Progressives don't all believe the same things.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join