It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Two Transgenders Blow Out Girls In State Meet

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Still reading through the thread. I have to wonder of they are truly transgender. Apparently from what I've read, some of these transgender athletes aren't even receiving hormonal therapy. Terry Miller of the OP is a sophomore in highschool. I haven't been able to determine if he is receiving hormonal treatment or not. But, he did compete in the boys team as well. This stinks, very badly.

And to watch Miller, who competed on the boys team during the winter indoor season, dominate the sprints Monday as a girl left one convinced the competitive field remained uneven.

www.ctpost.com...

edit on 8-6-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yeah, that's cheating. No switch hitting.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So the gross anatomy of a body can be determined post mortum? Yeah, ok.

As far as your "I feel compelled to point out that the understanding isn't of reality and fact" ... I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are saying that the changes in our attitudes and understanding of issues like sex, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity aren't "of reality and fact" then I disagree with you, obviously.

Gender is is not a "psychological condition."

Let's follow through on the "logic" so oft repeated about "turning the entire system over" because of a miniscule number of people. Well, if whatever these monumental changes you guys are referring to are only applied in a tiny number of cases (reflecting the magic numbers that get tossed about like .03% or whatever it was) ... then what are all the whining and crying that come up in EVERY ONE OF THESE THREADS???

It there are that few trans folks, y'all are wailing and gnashing teeth over an incredibly rare occurrance ...
edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Whatever.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
a reply to: Gryphon66

The !st place GIRL was very gracious considering she has no choice.
To bad her fellow team mates weren't as gracious when they stole her win.

So, it turns out that what the other girls feel isn't important, but what you feel about it?

Okay.

Did you even read what she wrote ? She was happy for THEM, but the "rules" sucked for HER, is basically what she said. What else is she supposed to say in this insane culture she's been FORCED to accept.

Yeah, I did read what she said ... which isn't what you're trying to twist it into.

Best.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

An incredibly rare occurrence that happened twice in this state, and as has been pointed out, one of those "girls" competed as a boy over the winter before switch hitting for the outdoor season. So, it's pretty clear there wasn't any transition of any real impact going on there.

For all practical intents and purposes, a boy ran against the girls.

So yeah, most of those girls likely only ever ran against that boy once, but it was at the single most important race of their competitive season.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Transgenderism should be banned and illegal. It's next level bullsheet.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Having athletic events separated by sexes is. . . sexist.

I have to disagree with you on this one cowboy.

The term sexist doesn't mean every time people play a sport there has to be women and men playing each other.
To me it is a bit more nuanced than that. I could be wrong. Change my mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So the gross anatomy of a body can be determined post mortum? Yeah, ok.

Yes. As can ethnicity.

As far as your "I feel compelled to point out that the understanding isn't of reality and fact" ... I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are saying that the changes in our attitudes and understanding of issues like sex, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity aren't "of reality and fact" then I disagree with you, obviously.

Gender is is not a "psychological condition."

Let's follow through on the "logic" so oft repeated about "turning the entire system over" because of a miniscule number of people. Well, if whatever these monumental changes you guys are referring to are only applied in a tiny number of cases (reflecting the magic numbers that get tossed about like .03% or whatever it was) ... then what are all the whining and crying that come up in EVERY ONE OF THESE THREADS???

It there are that few trans folks, y'all are wailing and gnashing teeth over an incredibly rare occurrance ...

I do not know. You may ask them. I just discuss topics of interest.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

And increasingly common occurrence. As transgender becomes more mainstream and accepted, so will these sorts of occurrences. And as trivial as it may be to you, it isn't to those kids who are working their butts off, to be beat by the opposite sex. It may even impact their chances at being accepted at colleges, and their entire livelihood. Rare? Even one time is one time too many. It's not even remotely fair.

Since when has been loading up on PEDs been ok in any sport?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Which is it?

Are trans people such a tiny, miniscule portion of the population that they are insignificant and should rightfully be ignored, or are they so predominant that sport everywhere is being ruined by their presence?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So your theory is that the only thing keeping tons of folks from being transgender is that some folks think they should be second-class citizens?

Funny, how many folks want to appeal to emotion when convenient.

How convenient it is to wail the "think of the children" line when it suits the agenda, eh?

Pfft.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Transgenders should only compete against other transgenders.

Or we should stop calling people transgender.

A man dressing as a woman is still a man, to pretend like they're not is insanity.

I thought Republicans were the science deniers?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This thread has made for some odd bedfellows. People who are on opposite ends of the political spectrum here seem to agree in unison.

Must mean the World is going to end.

Great.....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: olaru12
Transgenders should only compete against other transgenders.

Or we should stop calling people transgender.

A man dressing as a woman is still a man, to pretend like they're not is insanity.

I thought Republicans were the science deniers?

American Medical Association - Policies on Lesbian, Gay, Transgender and Queer Issues

Our AMA: (1) continues to support the dignity of the individual, human rights and the sanctity of human life, (2) reaffirms its long-standing policy that there is no basis for the denial to any human being of equal rights, privileges, and responsibilities commensurate with his or her individual capabilities and ethical character because of an individual's sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or transgender status, race, religion, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, or age; (3) opposes any discrimination based on an individual's sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, disability, ethnic origin, national origin or age and any other such reprehensible policies; (4) recognizes that hate crimes pose a significant threat to the public health and social welfare of the citizens of the United States, urges expedient passage of appropriate hate crimes prevention legislation in accordance with our AMA's policy through letters to members of Congress; and registers support for hate crimes prevention legislation, via letter, to the President of the United States.

American Psychiatric Association - What does transgender mean?

Transgender is an umbrella term for persons whose gender identity, gender expression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with the sex to which they were assigned at birth. Gender identity refers to a person’s internal sense of being male, female or something else; gender expression refers to the way a person communicates gender identity to others through behavior, clothing, hairstyles, voice or body characteristics. “Trans” is sometimes used as shorthand for “transgender.” While transgender is generally a good term to use, not everyone whose appearance or behavior is gender-nonconforming will identify as a transgender person. The ways that transgender people are talked about in popular culture, academia and science are constantly changing, particularly as individuals’ awareness, knowledge and openness about transgender people and their experiences grow.

edit on 8-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Harvard School of Arts and Sciences - Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity

In 1995 and 2000, two independent teams of researchers decided to examine a region of the brain called the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) in trans- and cisgender men and women (Figure 2). The BSTc functions in anxiety, but is, on average, twice as large and twice as densely populated with cells in men compared to women. This sexual dimorphism is pretty robust, and though scientists don’t know why it exists, it appears to be a good marker of a “male” vs. “female” brain. Thus, these two studies sought to examine the brains of transgender individuals to figure out if their brains better resembled their assigned or chosen sex. Interestingly, both teams discovered that male-to-female transgender women had a BSTc more closely resembling that of cisgender women than men in both size and cell density, and that female-to-male transgender men had BSTcs resembling cisgender men. These differences remained even after the scientists took into account the fact that many transgender men and women in their study were taking estrogen and testosterone during their transition by including cisgender men and women who were also on hormones not corresponding to their assigned biological sex (for a variety of medical reasons). These findings have since been confirmed and corroborated in other studies and other regions of the brain, including a region of the brain called the sexually dimorphic nucleus (Figure 2) that is believed to affect sexual behavior in animals.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Scientific American - Is there Something Unique about the Transgender Brain

Male and female brains are, on average, slightly different in structure, although there is tremendous individual variability. Several studies have looked for signs that transgender people have brains more similar to their experienced gender. Spanish investigators—led by psychobiologist Antonio Guillamon of the National Distance Education University in Madrid and neuropsychologist Carme Junqu Plaja of the University of Barcelona—used MRI to examine the brains of 24 female-to-males and 18 male-to-females—both before and after treatment with cross-sex hormones. Their results, published in 2013, showed that even before treatment the brain structures of the trans people were more similar in some respects to the brains of their experienced gender than those of their natal gender. For example, the female-to-male subjects had relatively thin subcortical areas (these areas tend to be thinner in men than in women). Male-to-female subjects tended to have thinner cortical regions in the right hemisphere, which is characteristic of a female brain. (Such differences became more pronounced after treatment.)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So girls are losing sports scholarships to college because boys who identify as girls are entering women's sports and winning. You see how the left eats itself? I'm sure they've really changed those girls perspective!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

The term sexist doesn't mean every time people play a sport there has to be women and men playing each other.

It should be the best people on the team.

It shouldn't matter if it's men or women.

When we're building a spaceship to Mars, do you want the best people or do you want equal men and equal women on the job?

Separating the sexes for athletic events is sexist.

Because it isn't the best runner. It's the best runner in whatever classification that person is in.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I just watched the movie "The Ladybugs" with Rodney Dangerfield...

Reminds of that movie.

As the coach he dresses up a little boy to play on the girls soccer team and he dominates them.

What a prophetic movie

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It should be the best people on the team.

It shouldn't matter if it's men or women.

When we're building a spaceship to Mars, do you want the best people or do you want equal men and equal women on the job?

Separating the sexes for athletic events is sexist.

Because it isn't the best runner. It's the best runner in whatever classification that person is in.

And that is what I am talking about. Going to Mars is not a sport. At least not yet. And yes you want the best on your team. Who is the fastest person in the world? A man or woman? It is a man. Does that mean it is sexist because it is not a woman? No. It just means that men are generally faster than women at running. That is just reality. No sexism involved at all. Women compete against women in sports for the same reason men do. Men and women do not have the same kind of physical bodies, so in physical sports men will win more times than not. That is why there is separation in sports. I am not saying that they shouldn't let men and women compete against each other in physical sports. I just believe that if they don't it doesn't mean that the one's who make that decision are sexist individuals. It just means they have a more reality based sense of thinking. Mental abilities are something else entirely.
edit on 9-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join