It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A transgender man told he had to be named the Father after giving birth to the child

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: RowanBean

Their biological sex allowed for conception, in other words motherhood, so how does gender indentity apply to this circumstance?

Because he wants to be recognized as the father. I don't understand why it bothers people. It's not like people and the child won't know.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why does it bother them enough to want to change legal structure, due to their words and supposed meanings?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

...but a man changing his plumbing to their sexual counterpart is not a natural birthing process and being a man to start with...he technically is a father with a woman's sex organs. My opinion only.

I think it's the other way around:

...he was born a woman but had legally become a man by the time of the birth.

It's probably also safe to say that this person has not had sex reassignment surgery, so the female reproductive organs are intact, hence the pregnancy and birth. So, yes, now legally a man, but born with and brought a child into the world with female sex organs.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Because a father is a sire to his children. Male.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Because a father is a sire to his children. Male.

And?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just list the person as both mum and dad. Then he can sue himself for alimony and may I add the following.

What does the real dad (as in the sperm donor) going to say. He has no rights? Can't be the dad? Because this snowy flake decides otherwise.

If 'he' gave birth to the child he is the mother and is suffering a mental illness called stupidity.

This world is going crazy.

P

edit on 7/6/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Not really.
When you are born with a penis you are a male.
That is pretty much the definition of being a male.. Genitalia

We are not talking about biological sex. We're talking about gender.

When it comes to having a baby, we are very much talking about biological sex which is what enables you to have said baby.
edit on 7-6-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: TheLead

Their biological sex allowed for conception, in other words motherhood, so how does gender indentity apply to this circumstance?

Because he wants to be recognized as the father. I don't understand why it bothers people. It's not like people and the child won't know.

Because a birth certificate is a legal document that lists your ancestors - paternal and maternal. It's like a family tree in a sense. If this kid makes a family tree, sorry but his "father" will still be on the maternal side of the tree where you represent the side that gives birth to you.

This isn't about social labels or roles as much as it is about pedigree in a sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, future generations will look at their ancestry tree and be like "Why is this kink in our tree branch and WHAT THE # HAPPENED IN OUR PAST???"

No wonder new generations are feeling so lost in this world...have no f-in clue why things are changing for the dumpster.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This person seems to be setting themself, and their kid, up for the biggest self imposed mind fck that could ever be experienced. Imagine the conversations this kid has later, having to say my mom is my dad, then attempting to explain hat he means to a bunch of mean 8 year olds, or teens, or whatever.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

There may not be many future generations for very much longer if this keeps up.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 7-6-2018 by Starcrossd because: removed info

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is where I start to get on board with throwing people off of buildings. Is that really so bad when dealing with such evolutionary rejects??

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
This is where I start to get on board with throwing people off of buildings. Is that really so bad when dealing with such evolutionary rejects??

ISIS called and wants you back.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I bet none of them had to deal with this crap. Besides, they technically work for the alliance so whatever.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Birth Certificate is a biological record right?

If its a biological record the dude is the momma, his opinion is really irrelevant when it comes to a biological record of who gave birth to the kid.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They obviously do care tbh the hate on ATS used to be on gay folk getting married now they pick on the trans folk.
Live and let live.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am confused admittedly. Where is the real father who obviously donated his sperm? What does he say? Is he even aware that he impregnated someone? I would think he would have a say in such matters as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Lol

What an utter absurdity

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Pointing out facts, logic, and the absurdity of this person's argument is now "picking on trans folk"?

The funny thing about tolerance is that it's a two way street. Also tolerance =/= acceptance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join