It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was 'drag king' with 'queer desires,' claims theology professor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Exactly how does someone know when it is the Holy Spirit and when it is just their own selves???

They can’t because there is no objective way to determine that..

That’s the bad part about the only evidence for religion is the warm and fuzzies..

I thought I read somewhere that you attended a seminary? Is that correct?

Anyway ...... do you know how to test the spirit for truth? Do you understand what I am talking about? This is how you separate your thoughts from others. There is power in the name of Jesus and those with spiritual authority will use it to test deceiving spirits and deceiving thoughts.....try it and if you have tried and it does not work for you then maybe you have not been given spiritual authority to use it. The power of prayer is amazing.

You know that not ALL your thoughts that enter your head are not necessary generated within your brain but can come from external influence by sight, audio and signs to help process and understand the message?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

A well written and very intelligent and sincere response ...... thanks however I believe you have over looked something of importance..... the Torah that many Israelites and Jews have memorized and in the Torah are many laws and commands they are required to live by and one of them is homosexual activity is forbidden.

I would also like to mention my best friend also a male..... I love him with all my heart as a brother. We have worn each other clothes before and I am not a homosexual and neither is my best friend ..... who is an atheist.

Many do not understand brotherly or sisterly love and the closeness it comes without having sex.
edit on 8-6-2018 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Jesus was a really good guy all joking aside. I wonder why people feel the need to slander him. Not necessarily this professor, as I don’t think accusing someone of being transgender should be considered derogatory but it seems people are still trying to degrade him for some reason. Peace, love, compassion, humility, forgiveness, charity... are we not all striving for the same?

Thanks for that.... not only is it slander but blasphemy, a great sin, that if not repented will be a person's downfall at time of judgement.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Starhooker

I don’t think the professor is using it as a slur..

To a conservative it is inherently a slur because the mainstream conservative position is to believe they are an abomination living in sin..

If you don’t think that then it isn’t inherently a slur.

When someone understands what it means by "Fear the Lord thy God" they understand the dangers of blaspheming God. God is long suffering and love, this is why he will not judge his creation.... his son will.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I respectfully disagree. I don’t think Jesus will be the one judging those who have “sinned “. Judgment is for the lord. Not one of his sons.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Did you just quote from the hilarious movie "In and Out?" Too funny-loved it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
I respectfully disagree. I don’t think Jesus will be the one judging those who have “sinned “. Judgment is for the lord. Not one of his sons.

Hi Star,

Thanks for your reply. Please consider the following:

2 Cor. 5:10 –“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”

2 Tim. 4:1 – “I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom.”

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Have you ever heard of blasphemy?

LOL Yeah. I've heard all kinds of "blasphemy" when it comes to "Jesus". In truth, "Jesus" "Christ" is just a metaphor of the human condition, so people are going to project all kinds of human projection on it.

I doubt you are an expert in theology in fact I doubt you believe in God. You, like this professor, just want to be a troll. It is disgusting that people need to make others feel bad to get their satisfaction.

I am not a Christian, but I am not going to go out of my way to mess with them either. I think it is immature and sad.

Why? People's beliefs are ridiculous...all of them. No matter what anyone believes it's just something that exists in their own head to make them feel better about the world. That's kinda what makes them beliefs and not facts. No matter what people choose to believe it's going to be ridiculous. The whole problem with the world over the last 2000 years or so is that people take their beliefs so seriously they must convert or kill any that have different beliefs. So in all honesty...ya # everybody's beliefs....if people could learn to keep that # to themselves in their own heads where it belongs there'd be no problem...but everybody's gotta come along and push that # onto everybody else so they can validate their place in the world.

It's a foregone conclusion, so it's very immature and sad you feel the need to point it out like some new discovery.

People need to come to the point where they no longer need beliefs, on their own. The amount you can help het them there, is Minimal. The amount you can hinder them, is vast indeed.

Mocking others beliefs will only solidify them. Pushing them deeper into their beliefs. Only an immature, profane individual would think that is helping. Have you thought things through enough to be able to figure that out yet? Or do you still just shout the first thing that comes to your mind without actually doing any thinking beyond your own perspective?

And you realize that your belief that all beliefs are ridiculous, is still a belief. So, you're still stuck in the same paradigm you mock others for. Very fitting, and not surprising at all. Allow me to make a suggestion.

"I personally do not have any beliefs, however I respect the right of others to believe what they want."

There, what's wrong with that? You give everyone the space they need to figure things out on their own. You don't shout down everyone and shove them deeper into their comfort zone. You can express your opinion that beliefs in any form are a hindrance without using words like ridiculous. When you describe someone's beliefs using those terms, you are telling them that there must be something very wrong with them to even think of believing what they believe. But don't you have bwliefs? Don't most people? So then, it is pretty normal to have beliefs, but, you didnt include That in your diatribe. You made it seem like only the biggest idiot in the world would ever consider that.

I get that you feel suddenly enlightened, but, to me, you appear just as lost and confused as a child in a Westborough Baptist Sunday school.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No lol...

Just an armchair historian..

Everything you wrote only adds up to “the warm and fuzzies “...

Basically you just said “ think about it real hard and when you have a good feeling about it, it’s jesus”..

There is no power I. The name of jesus.. there is belief in the name of jesus which gives the impression of power..

But there is no objective truth in it..

No prayer that works everytime..

Christians don’t heal faster or have better lives..

There is nothing unique or experimentally repeatable about any religion... and assuming one was real there should be..

I’m a history buff and Bart erhman fan. So I have a better view of the biblical text and history surrounding it than your average Christian.. mainly because Christians haven’t read the Bible.

They have preachers quote verses to them in whatever context the preacher wants.

They don’t understand the Bible is multiple accounts, from multiple people and the authors DO NOT agree with each other..plus especially concerning Paul he had no idea his letters would be later canonized and half the Pauline letters are known forgeries. They are just the earliest thing we have cronologically, So they were included.

Most importantly when considering Christianities validity imho is the fact that Christianity and Judaism are not even based on the same fundamentals... and they should be.. the structure of the universe shouldn’t have changed with jesus.. just some of the laws.

Yet the two religions are totally opposed..

In Judaism there is no hell (mainly because he’ll wasn’t invented until 800 years ago).

In Judaism works>faith

In Christianity faith>works

In Judaism they have had many messiahs and they are all military leaders who freed the Jews from bondage. They have no son of god predicted..

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I thought jesus , god and the Holy Spirit are the same person???

Lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Ashame you are not in Germany otherwise I would show you the Holy Spirit with my street healing ministry. You would witness first hand ..... people being healed.

Most healings "take" ....meaning the person does not lose the healing and unfortunately there are those who lose their healing sometimes in less than a week and reason being they continue to sin..... They would rather give up the healing before giving up that sin they have come connected to.

Like you and your disbelief. Your anger is directed in the wrong direction.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I thought jesus , god and the Holy Spirit are the same person???

Lol.

Of course they are but I am not going to get into your troll bait tactics.

By the way ......you intentionally failed to capitalize God and Jesus .... it is obvious just like God's judgement will be with you....BUT wait you don't believe ..... right? So since you know everything and know God does not exist you basically have no fear.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

So lets take the case of a brainwashing cult. Say something along the lines of Warren Jeffs. Should we just let those practitioners believe in what they believe. Polygamy, child molestation and complete dominance over the flock. Will they find their way out of it on their own? There were people that broke free of this cult and tried to bring others to freedom. Should those that broke free just left and considered those that were still enthralled to be on their own?

Where does compassion end and nagging start. That you consider certain words to be taboo in discussing this subject, shouldn't that be up to the person receiving those words? What is the correct method of debate? Is it wrong to even try and engage in discussion with the religious? What happens if there is no ill intent but simple curiosity, not on the tenants of a particular belief, but on how the person applies that belief to their life. Is it the fault of the questioner if the rock upon which those personal beliefs isn't solid?

That almost is along the same line as thinking that certain thought and ideologies are sacred and can't be questioned. That is vilifying the questions themselves which could be a very dangerous road as that starts to infringe on freedom itself.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Have no fear there is separation of church from state.

Right now the two can not mix together BUT once Jesus returns the religion issue will be over and he will operate according to his father's will.....meaning religion and state will be one.....a monarchy.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If you don't mind and if you have the time, would you lay out your vision of this melding of religion and state? How would it work? What type of ideology would enthrall its practitioners? What would happen to those that didn't believe in that ideology or wish to follow the new one world movement?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

If you don't mind and if you have the time, would you lay out your vision of this melding of religion and state? How would it work? What type of ideology would enthrall its practitioners? What would happen to those that didn't believe in that ideology or wish to follow the new one world movement?

Sure.... of course I have not seen it all nor do I know it all .

BUT I have a rule: The bible and a few books outside of the bible i.e., 3 books of Enoch and book of Asher , are sacred and inspired by God.

Most people think one world government ..... they think Illuminati ... which will happen in the near future but the one world government I speak of will be the last government on this earth. A government that will never be overthrown. It will be a monarchy with a single king ruling over the earth. His throne will be in Israel.

Before he sits and rules from the throne he has a job to fulfill, and immediately upon his return, he will return with million times millions of warriors .... not store clerks and office managers but trained and highly skilled warriors. Right now he awaits until God (his father) gives him authority (read the signs and rituals in heaven in book of Revelation) that give him full authority to judge and rule mankind. Judgement first ..... then comes his rule. During judgementall living things will be judged by him (Jesus). In the begining of judgement it will look like a world war but the difference is he and his warriors do not get injured nor die while his enemies die like flies in mass numbers.....which includes the animal kingdom. The animal kingdom is cleansed through sickness ....... a supernatural purge... is the best way to describe it.

NOTE: Angel technology far exceeds anything we can almost fantasize about.... A single warrior can kill a hundred thousand men in a single attack.......stuff like this. It will also include the supernatural.

Now I think..... clearly no one knows ...... but IMO we still have time on our side .... SOME signs are here BUT have not magnified to the levels we expect. Example ... the third temple has not been built in Jerusalem.

NOTE: Soon it will be revealed the temple mount is not where the first two temples were built. The Dome of the Rock is where a legion of Roman soldiers lived (barracks area) when ruling Israel..... so we have some time.... Everything has already been done to prepare for the construction.

When he sits and rules from his throne there will be only one way ... the rule and life of his father's will. There will be no other religion (if you want to call it that) There will be no more enemies against him or his father. The rule of law will come from his throne. He has defeated his father's enemies WHICH are his enemies... Are you starting to get the picture?

edit on 9-6-2018 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Why should we care If he was? surely his message was more important than his sexuality.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Why should we care If he was? surely his message was more important than his sexuality.

HI

This is a weak strategy his enemies use in order to destroy who he truly was. And anyone who knows anything about Jesus knows he followed the rules and laws of the torah and the torah says homosexuality is forbidden meaning Jesus was not a homosexual.

So these enemies of Christ are FAKE NEWS!

edit on 9-6-2018 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join