It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was 'drag king' with 'queer desires,' claims theology professor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

In a remarkable re-reading of the Bible, Professor Liew has argued that Jesus is not only “king of Israel” and “king of the Jews,” but “also a drag king,” as presented in the New Testament Gospel of John.

Saint John’s constant references to Jesus wanting water, giving water, and leaking water “speak to Jesus’ gender indeterminacy and hence his cross-dressing and other queer desires,” Liew contends.

Reading everything through the lens of gender, Professor Liew finds sex in the most unlikely places in the life of Jesus. The episode of Jesus washing the apostles’ feet at the Last Supper, for example, is “suggestive,” like “a literary striptease,” and “even seductive,” because it “shows and withholds at the same time,” he claims.

Liew’s sexualization of the sacred Christian texts goes beyond the reinterpretation of actions and extends to gender identity as well. For instance, Liew stated that in his Gospel, Saint John makes very clear that Jesus is a Jew but he is less clear about “whether Jesus is a biological male.”

www.breitbart.com... -government/2018/03/28/holy-cross-theology-professor-says-jesus-drag-king-queer-desires/

Have you ever heard of blasphemy? Here is a perfect case of this.

Ever hear do NOT take the Lord’s name in vain? He has accomplished this as well.

These great sins will be spoken in heaven concerning him. A petition to God will be completed. The Lord said “revenge is mine” and I will do my best to ensure this occurs.

This is not a Christian teaching and he is not a Christian because we do not blaspheme God or his son I have never heard a Christian refer to Christ as a drag queen or homosexual.

A perfect example of a false disciple of Christ. Beware of false teachings.

Another perfect example of apostate teachings or do you agree with the professor's teaching?

edit on 7-6-2018 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Have you ever heard of blasphemy?

LOL Yeah. I've heard all kinds of "blasphemy" when it comes to "Jesus". In truth, "Jesus" "Christ" is just a metaphor of the human condition, so people are going to project all kinds of human projection on it.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
He did spend a lot of time hanging out with other dudes.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

This is easily one of the greatest things I've ever read!

I'm imagining Jesus Christ Superstar crossed with the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Teaches at a Roman Catholic, Jesuit, Liberal Arts College, SAY NO MORE!!! Bet he grew up in Communist China? Tried digging on this guy, but compared to most professors it is either buried or not much on Ze.

What I did see is Ze focuses a lot of Ze's time on gender and race. Need I say more?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Does Professor Liew have evidence Jesus actually existed to base his assumptions on ?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The professor is just trying to be an troll. Don't let him trigger you.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Have you ever heard of blasphemy?

LOL Yeah. I've heard all kinds of "blasphemy" when it comes to "Jesus". In truth, "Jesus" "Christ" is just a metaphor of the human condition, so people are going to project all kinds of human projection on it.

I doubt you are an expert in theology in fact I doubt you believe in God. You, like this professor, just want to be a troll. It is disgusting that people need to make others feel bad to get their satisfaction.

I am not a Christian, but I am not going to go out of my way to mess with them either. I think it is immature and sad.

edit on 2018/6/7 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Teaches at a Roman Catholic, Jesuit, Liberal Arts College, SAY NO MORE!!! Bet he grew up in Communist China? Tried digging on this guy, but compared to most professors it is either buried or not much on Ze.

What I did see is Ze focuses a lot of Ze's time on gender and race. Need I say more?

I tried to send him an email but his current email listed on his webpage is inaccurate.

Its people like this that twist the truth into lies for self recognition.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I know I shouldn't but I am offended and upset. To me..... I feel like he has insulted my family.

I thought long before posting this.....yes...no....yes....no (double minded) and then decided to post it after I cooled down.

I do not look at Jesus as God's son but as my master.... and I his disciple.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I would think that in order to accuse Professor Liew of blasphemy you have to determine if he is a "Christian" to begin with because I don't see how you can blaspheme if you are not part of one the "Christian" sects.

Maybe he is an Atheist, a Buddhist, a Muslim or something else.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

blasphemy (blăsˈfə-mē)►

n. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.

n. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.

n. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

Nothing to do with Christianity.... everything to do with disrespect and hate.

edit on 7-6-2018 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I'm imagining Jesus Christ Superstar crossed with the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

OMG! Somebody HAS to make that!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It does make sense that jesus was a homosexual.

Water into wine? Everybody knows that Men drink whiskey.

Being “tempted” by satan.......

The long hair?

Hanging out with 12 dudes all the time? Some of them claiming to “love” him? GAAAAYY!!!

Being betrayed by his bestie? Sounds like some drama.

Riding “an ass” into town?

Turn the other cheek? Need i say more?

edit on 7-6-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I doubt you are an expert in theology in fact I doubt you believe in God. You, like this professor, just want to be a troll. It is disgusting that people need to make others feel bad to get their satisfaction.

You think my beliefs are disgusting because I belief that "Jesus Christ" is a metaphor for the human condition? You know what I think is disgusting? Pinning your "sins" on the blood of an innocent human sacrifice, and believing that someone else's innocent blood is your ticket to "heaven".

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This guy has a weird perspective on biblical history. I think his analysis says more about him than the subject of his study.

I think it's somewhat humorous myself. But, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's faith.

And I have to wonder if maybe Professor Liew is doing a bit of trolling. A lot of Christians find LGBT people to be so disgusting that they not only don't want to associate with them, but also want to suppress their rights and freedoms. Maybe this is payback.

-dex

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Supposedly he did say something along the lines of "bring me that ass."

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So the professor got a hardon over Jesus washing the apostle's feet and needed to create some kind of convoluted gender theory to justify his sexual attraction to jesus' foot washing....

This is my interpretation of this study anyway...which i'm guessing he wrote with one hand down the front of the pants

edit on 7/6/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Liew’s sexualization of the sacred Christian texts goes beyond the reinterpretation of actions and extends to gender identity as well. For instance, Liew stated that in his Gospel, Saint John makes very clear that Jesus is a Jew but he is less clear about “whether Jesus is a biological male.”

That professor is a TROLL.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: wheresthebody

OMG! Somebody HAS to make that!

Oh, the antici..................................................................................pation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join