It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Thylacine on CCTV?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A hybrid? Maybe as their species died off, they began to mate with other relatives, and some of them may have had an intact reproductive system? This could be around the 10th or 20th generation? So some traits are still visible?

I don't know that much about genetics... I just know most hybrids are sterile or frigid or barren or whatever you call it. But maybe not all?

Maybe the last living specimen was grazed by a microscopic radioactive meteorite containing alien dna, and it fusioned with the animal and it became intelligent enough to build a genetics lab in the desert where he is always working to save his species...this one caught on camera is one of his more successful attempts. He had to wait for the technology to catch up, since, although he had sufficient intelligence, he did not have opposable thumbs so he had to wait for dumb humans to build the tools which he could then manipulate with his mouth and paws. Oh and he found out how to extend his life. Sorry, I thought that part was obvious...
edit on 6/8/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I just can't see a thylacine getting it on with a kangaroo or koala!!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not a Thylacine though I would love it to be.
Structure of hind legs doesn't match at all, much longer femur in Thylacines than this critter.
Lacks the overhang of the hip extension in the rear.
Backbone seems shorter as well.
No stripes, smaller more petite muzzle, hair fuzzier.

On the bright side these Tassies did find a skull:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I hope they survived extinction.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
aso.gov.au...

Here's another good video for comparison.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In my opinion as a professional arm chair expert on everything I believe this to be a fox.
We are losing quite a bit of detail to night vision but in a few frames you can see a silhouette of larger ears.
As Ante and others have mentioned, the hind legs do not match the Thylacine. They match a fox though and i would bet like the ears we are losing detail on tail fur. If you imagine Larger ears and a fluffier tail to go with the dark paws white tip on the tail, general shape and proportions on the hind legs then we have a fox, 110%.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz That's what I thought,the legs and feet look right and a white tip on the tail pretty much IDs it as a red fox to me.I have a bunch of them around here,if that was a color pic it would be obvious.Also location is not a problem for foxes,they live everywhere in rural and city environments.I have seen some videos and pics that make me believe Tigers still are around,this though,seems stretching for hope. The skinny tail is typical of a fox that's shedding,don`t see anything to doubt it`s a fox.
edit on 8-6-2018 by ridgerunner because: add sentance

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: GuidedKill

Why I used to love to come to ATS....Sad, threads like the OP are almost as elusive as the Thylacine these days.

True and ironically it is the majority of the other type threads you reference created by the OP which has caused ATS to devolve.

On topic...the video in the OP looks like the animal has bad sarcoptic mange. To me it looks like a fox with bad mange.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Who has the SOLVED stamp?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Interesting,,

a Best guess a Dr Moreau or someone like him is at it gain in Australia
. some kind of Hybrid Perhaps

The Tail is Defiantly look like a Taz Wolf even has the stripes near the tip ,
or a Different breed of thylacine, altogether ..

the hind quarters looks the same ..

Now! If this Creature had opened its Mouth with a Big Yawn! ..
showing its Long Jaw with many teeth. which the thylacine is Known for..

I would would say

yup! thats a TAZ Wolf/Tiger

just too Note :

Not all of the Thylacine Breed had Short rounded Ears

just maybe some Outback Australian grabbed a few Cubs from Tazaina before the 1930s
an brought them too the mainland.. had them as pets and escaped..

something the Government would not have a clue about..

Not sure if the Zoo actually had the last Surviving Thylacine..

How to Say that they They all ready did this a Decade ago ! but a mix with Dingo perhaps

Not science fiction any more’: The Tasmanian tiger could soon be back from extinction
www.animalsaustralia.org...

edit on 62018SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago6159 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For the FOX & Thylacine Debate

as it Clearly shows, that a Manged Aussie Fox has a skinny tail
while the Video show clearly a Much Thicker Tail resembles like Thylacine

yet .. It has markings Black Legged like a Aussie Fox ..

a Hybrid of Fox ? what gets me.. is that Tail.

and the Neck of this Creature , is not right too be a Thylacine
it would be a lot longer i would assume ..

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Hard to say with this picture, but I have seen some pretty good videos of animals that sure did look like one. One was across a field of some sort, and the other near buildings. Both the correct shape, as this picture is, and the movement matched what we can see in very old videos. I think these animals are still around, though they are likely still quite rare.

Looking hopeful, however, for the species!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join