It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Thylacine on CCTV?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Kellyville is in the heart of suburbia, I know the area well and not many wild animals are cruising around, it's not a tassie tiger....

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HAARPO

I agree. I was looking for stripes too, and noticed them at the bottom, darker part of the tail.

EDIT: Looking at the legs makes me wonder if it could be a hybrid? Maybe a thylacine reproduced with something else?
edit on 7-6-2018 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmmm. The tail seems to be a dead giveaway of the Taz Tiger but I would expect an extended snout and slightly larger head overall.

Im no expert but from the pics and footage available, thats my take

Interesting nonetheless

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is very interesting. It would be great to get an expert analysis of this but it sure does not look like a fox or dog to me. The tail is very reminiscent of a Thylacine. The feet and legs look a bit skinnier than the example in the file footage from the 1930's Tasmanian individual but things like that can be very deceptive. The head shape that appears @ 3 seconds (also more or less in the still pic) looks very "marsupial" to me.

The thing we should remember is that no Thylacine has ever been documented on the the mainland and as far as we know, they went extinct on the mainland sometime after the last ice age. IF and its a big if, they did not actually go extinct on the mainland, they may be quite different than the ones on Tasmania due to thousands of years of isolation. Mainland Thylancien's could be a different race/species than the Tasmanian ones.

EDIT: also note how the tip of the tale in the video is reflecting light back more than the rest of the tail and seems to end in a knub rather than pointy like a dog (think end of an ink pen). Look at the photo of the Tasmanian thylacine and you will see white colouring at the tip of the tail and a tail that ends in a knub more than a point. The tail really is quite distinctive.
edit on 7-6-2018 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Yes, I would have expected the head to be a bit broader too. On the other hand, the profile has a marsupial look to imo. The ears look about right. I think the snout does too but the video is not super clear either of course.

I still go back to the legs though. The proportions of the legs don't seem consistent with all the images I've seen of thylacines.
edit on 2018-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
beer ...

and I have seen things ...while in Guam... made me run

edit on 7-6-2018 by Lassiecomehome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lassiecomehome
They are out there god bless them
Woof!!

Based on where it was seen i would say it is about as likely as if we saw cctv footage of bigfoot living in new yorks central park.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Dingos are like dogs, that canine in the video was like a fox but not a fox
Dingos have entirely different mannerisms to foxes so does the thyalacine as I believe their actions are like dogs in videos I have seen

I don't think the animal is a fox, dingo or thylacine

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What else do you think it might be? There's not a lot of choice for canids in Australia.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lassiecomehome
They are out there god bless them
Woof!!

Based on where it was seen i would say it is about as likely as if we saw cctv footage of bigfoot living in new yorks central park.

I'm not from Sydney so I'm not speaking with local knowledge but I did check the area out on google earth. On the eastern edge of the suburb Kellyville there looks to be some vegetation corridors, and other similar corridors to the north and east but they all loosely link up to the forested areas further out to the North East and East. They look like they would make great wildlife corridors into the bushland to the North East.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Jubei42

Dingos are like dogs, that canine in the video was like a fox but not a fox
Dingos have entirely different mannerisms to foxes so does the thyalacine as I believe their actions are like dogs in videos I have seen

I don't think the animal is a fox, dingo or thylacine

I sort of suggested in my earlier post that maybe there was/is another similar closely related species on the mainland that is unknown to science at this point?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Sure , however they were meat eaters , they would be at home deep in the bush hunting, not scavenging around subburbs. Also assuming it was a tiger it would surely have been spotted more than just once on CCTV in a driveway.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If they have dodged the bullet, it's highly unlikely they'll be seen in suburbia unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Some kind of hybrid, I am not on the east coast so don't know the area
Maybe a thylacine fox cross.
I can definetly see why people think it's a thylacine, could well be a mature pup

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Fox with mange ?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Marsupial/canid hybrid.....nope. That like saying you could cross a Chihuahua with a rhino....not gonna happen without a truckload of magic mushrooms from experience.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What a wonderful find! It's videos like this that got me interested in Cryptozoology - not just a blurry blobsquash.
Thanks for sharing.

The most striking feature seems to be the tail, but unfortunately probably the only hint that it might be a thylacine.
The ears are wrong - Thylacines have/had shorter, rounded ears.
The snout doesn't compare well IMO.
The hock (the joint of the hind leg between the knee and the fetlock) of the animal in the video is much longer compared to that of Thylacines.

If there were footprints the answer would have been much easier, seeing that Thylacine prints can easily be distinguished from other similar quadrupeds like cats, dogs, foxes, etc. It's got very distinctive pad shapes and digit pattern.

Obviously also the lack of the distinct stripes.

As was also mentioned - a hybrid/cross between marsupials and canines is highly unlikely...

As much as I believe that the Tasmanian tiger is still around and kicking, my bet would be fox with mange (or other disease).
Great video nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I thought this was about the stuff I had to take as a kid.

They say the tiger is still out there, so I’m open.

edit on 6 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Oops, absolutely right.... what was I thinking, crossing dogs with marsupials, but it kinda does look like that, sorta
Marsupial canine cross, that's just dumb of me
To be honest I havnt a clue what it is, it's definetly got the actions of a fox but that is not a fox, it clearly is not a fox tail on that creature, dog marsupial whatever

Irrespective I have never seen a fox cross bread with any other dog, and that is not a fox with mange or otherwise. Way to healthy and alert for mange

Maybe a thylacine joey, not matured in the jaw and stripes havnt come out

Anyway, I love cryptozoology as well and it's a great video
Let's hope for footprints And feces

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Very interesting video, I watched it several times but I couldn't bring myself to think thylacine, it just didn't seem to have the muzzle compared with other vids of known thylacines. It seemed more fox like to me in it's facial features. But like others have stated, thylacines have supposedly been seen.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join