It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Canada pass the Cannabis bill today?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Well, I hope for Canadians sake it passes. After all, a stoned populace is a content populace.

Odd thing though..........considering how laid back Canadians are, I can't help wonder why they would even want to use Cannabis.

And another benefit: fertile.com...

Cannabis use lowers the fertility rate, so fewer Canadians will be having children making room in Canada for more deserving refugees from all about the planet!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

considering how laid back Canadians are, I can't help wonder why they would even want to use Cannabis.

Why do you think Canadians are so laid back? We have a lot of Cannabis users already.

Cannabis use lowers the fertility rate

Soon we will have unrestricted research, no longer bound by taboo, into the actual effects so we can verify or dismiss most of the myths about it!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It's always been easier in high schools to get cannabis than booze anyways, if anything this should make it harder for kids to get it.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Are you high?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

So long as you're not in Quebec or Manitoba (and maybe Ontario, we'll find out tonight who's running the province) you will be allowed to grow up to 4 plants at a time, not exactly a huge garden but it's a start!

And the dispensary I go to is crazy cheap, $100/oz!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: dug88

So long as you're not in Quebec or Manitoba (and maybe Ontario, we'll find out tonight who's running the province) you will be allowed to grow up to 4 plants at a time, not exactly a huge garden but it's a start!

And the dispensary I go to is crazy cheap, $100/oz!

When I went to high school (68-72) it was $15/oz, $25 for Acapulco Gold.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

"I remember when a dime bag cost a dime"

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's tomorrow. Did they pass it? Haven't seen anything on the news yet.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yup.
edit on 8-6-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

you will be allowed to grow up to 4 plants at a time, not exactly a huge garden but it's a start!

Allowed to grow plants???
4 of them??
Oh thank you master!!! (not you WTB)

I'll have to tell my buddy who grows his CROP that he is allowed to have 4.....he'll be ecstatic to know he is allowed to have 4 now.
HAHAHA

They have already started the BS on this.
It was in the papers that landlords insurance comes into play for people wanting to grow in their rental units.
Fire hazzards and mould are their go to for a "think of the children" mindset and a reason to not "allow" people to grow their own.

My whole life,I have known people who grow.....not one has had a mouldy home or burned their house down.
A mouldy crop....it happens,not the end of the world.

They have also been spouting that people should buy from a licensed grower/dealer to make sure it is safe.
Safe????

Are you #ing kidding me???

This is like watching a watered down 21st century version of reefer madness.
The sad part is...the public still believes it.

I'll say it again.....NO to legalization,I don't trust my government and the marijuana industry is just fine without legalization.

edit on 8-6-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I hope the Senate shoots everything down.

Canada is co-operating with the global cabal by refusing to legitimise legalise and finalise the issue of Marijuana as a declared supported medicine which insurance companies are forced to pay for.....the issue of Marijuanas true medicinal values CANNOT BE LEGALLY DECLARED OR DEFINED OR ACCEPTED until it is entered properly into a court of law....and to date at every turn TPTB have BAILED OUT and refused to support proper definition of MJ as a MEDICINE in a legal court of law.....if this were ever to happen it would shatter big pharma forever.

Legalising MJ instead of decriminalising MJ is simply another way to give TPTB control over how MJ is defined....they WILL NOT ALLOW US TO PROPERLY AND TRULY DEFINE MJ LEGALLY IN A COURT OF LAW AS A MEDICINE.

Skipping proper legal definitions of MJ as a medicine and STREAKING TOWARDS legalisation as opposed to decriminalisation was done for a reason a reason of suppression.....so I hope the Canadian Senate recognises this issue is still coming down the pipes and they will not be able to suppress it very much longer....and that they deny legalisation UNTIL THE MEDICINAL DFINTIONS OF MJ ARE LEGALLY MADE AND EMBRACED.....simply because if they don't this issue will come roaring back at them sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

you will be allowed to grow up to 4 plants at a time, not exactly a huge garden but it's a start!

Allowed to grow plants???
4 of them??
Oh thank you master!!! (not you WTB)

I'll have to tell my buddy who grows his CROP that he is allowed to have 4.....he'll be ecstatic to know he is allowed to have 4 now.
HAHAHA

They have already started the BS on this.
It was in the papers that landlords insurance comes into play for people wanting to grow in their rental units.
Fire hazzards and mould are their go to for a "think of the children" mindset and a reason to not "allow" people to grow their own.

My whole life,I have known people who grow.....not one has had a mouldy home or burned their house down.
A mouldy crop....it happens,not the end of the world.

They have also been spouting that people should buy from a licensed grower/dealer to make sure it is safe.
Safe????

Are you #ing kidding me???

This is like watching a watered down 21st century version of reefer madness.
The sad part is...the public still believes it.

I'll say it again.....NO to legalization,I don't trust my government and the marijuana industry is just fine without legalization.

The entire mould issue is a con-job....billions of dollars worth of real estate have been bastardised by this BS and these lies....the Canadian Real Estate Board is responsible for supporting these lies......it is pure BS that growing plants in your house will render it unlivable...and THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN PROPOGATING.....it is a fraud of massive proportions.....anyone with houseplants knows how much BS this is.......what happened is a VERY VERY FEW CRMINALS destroyed their growing locations because they didn't properly manage the environment in most cases because they were afraid to use the power and energy that proper ventilation and care require.....and these requirements are MINIMAL when you are legally growing.......no different than growing tomato plants in fact very very similar in every way.

The Canadian Real Estate Board is buying airtime on radio and MSM to promote the removal of the part of legalisation which allows for the growing of four plants per home....these con-job fraud artists are up #e creek withput a paddle now and will soon have to explain to people why their houses ARE NOT MOULD INFESTED AND UNLIVABLE when THEY LEGALLY GROW IN THEIR HOMES.....do you understand now.....rumor has it Human Rights violations are in the process of being filed against the Canadian Real Estate Board by Canadian Medical Patients.

You see the Real Estate board CONSPIRED to misrepresent the types and levels of damages which could or could not be present in homes which have had plants grown in them.......and now they will have to answer for it....so they NEED TO STOP PEOPLE FROM LEARNING WHOLESALE THAT THEIR BS STORIES ABOUT MOULD HOUSE BEING UNLIVABLE ANYTIME MJ IS MENTIONED were actually fraudulent directives....made to support financial gains.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, I'm in Ontario, so I doubt we'll be allowed to grow any at all now.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Thank you for that!!!
Glad to see that some people aren't buying the propaganda.

I have said it before and will say it many more times in my life.
If the law said to jump off a bridge,would you go jump off a bridge??

So,how many are we "allowed" to grow again??
When it is legal,I'll wipe my ass with the legislation.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I'm disturbed by the driving aspect of this. They're putting the legal blood levels so low, and the cops have no clue, except maybe in BC, we'll be illegal if we smoke or eat an edible and then drive within the next month...

I'm quite sure they don't yet have a test that tells that consumption was in the last few hours. It's more like "if the cop feels like you might be high".

Blood tests could take most of Canada off the road.....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

They do have tests now but they are like $20 a pop. Not financially feasible.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I am also disturbed by the driving aspect as well.
To compare driving on alcohol to driving on marijuana is like comparing a hamster to an elephant.
Its clearly not the same thing and should not be looked at as if it were.

Allowing clueless pencil pushers to write laws isn't a winning formula.
I am willing to bet that the people writing the laws,have limited experience if any,with what they are actually writing laws about.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: one4all

Thank you for that!!!
Glad to see that some people aren't buying the propaganda.

I now see your point and have changed my mind as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

And they want a ton of money for more cops, for something that'll be supposedly legal. It's like reefer madness is back, for many people.

In Alberta, a couple of weeks ago, they decided that CBD wasn't legal, so they took it out of a bunch of stores, even health food stores. Harvested from hemp only, which is currently legal ?!?!

I've mapped out back roads to the grocery store, I'm half hour from the nearest town....

And mould from 4 plants 🙄, unbelievably stupid....I've never had mould from my aloe, or kitchen herbs....it'll take a couple of years for some people to stop panicking about propaganda

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am also disturbed by the driving aspect as well.
To compare driving on alcohol to driving on marijuana is like comparing a hamster to an elephant.
Its clearly not the same thing and should not be looked at as if it were.

Impaired is impaired. Is it the same? No but there's a difference between cyanide and hemlock. The end result of ingesting them is the same though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join