It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Canada pass the Cannabis bill today?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sorry if this is against the ATS rules, but it feels like a grey zone.

Will senate pass the Cannabis bill?

Even if it is passed today it will be a few months before everything is running, and there are a number of issues that will need to be ironed out, but this could be huge.

I've already applied for a union job at a provincially run dispensary.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

It will definitely get passed. It's a great move for Canada.
Now if only parents can figure out how to keep their kids away from it for the most part until their brains have developed.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Lets hope not!!
to legalization.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

What keeps you against legalization?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Michigan is trying to get legislation passed to legalize it for recreation use before it is voted on. That way the State can have regulations on it's use. If the people vote it in as legal it is harder to regulate. There needs to be age restrictions and regulations on potency in place, also regulations on use of cutting the stuff with other drugs that are illegal, like opium.

If pot is voted legal, there could be lots of opiated stuff hitting the streets and people caught with it can say that they bought it that way and did not know. We need some regulation on this stuff, hopefully Canada does get things worked out correctly.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Lets hope not!!
to legalization.

I totally agree...Canadians have to much freedom as it is!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It is basically decriminalized here already.
They are going to criminalize something thats basically already decriminalized.
Its a tax grab,it has nothing to do with helping people.

I don't trust my government can do this without screwing things up and I don't believe for a second that they are doing this out of the kindness of their heart.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We have enough freedom to not need it to be legal.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
It will definitely get passed. It's a great move for Canada.

So besides being on top of our oil you'll be farming our ganja? You are so getting invaded.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Our senate doesn't have the power that the US one does. They may slow things, arguably, but this is getting done soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

In Canada, it's called Caunnabis.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That sounds British.....🤔

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Are they going to tax the crap out of it like they do beer and smokes?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Definitely.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Are they going to tax the crap out of it like they do beer and smokes?

That's why they are doing it. Freedom from prosecution, because it's legal, is just a byproduct. It's ALWAYS about money.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well if this happens I hope you got a face guard! Or else your neighbor may try to eat it. Next thing you know that one building in the whole of Canada will be set ablaze and all your shanty towns will be under attack by rabid humans. And you thought crack was bad......you just wait.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I dunno...part of me is kind of against it. I still won't be able to have my own weed garden in my back yard. Dispensaries are overpriced as it is. Plus now there's going to be a bunch of hysterical soccer mom's telling everyone to think of the #ing children.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I dunno...part of me is kind of against it. I still won't be able to have my own weed garden in my back yard. Dispensaries are overpriced as it is. Plus now there's going to be a bunch of hysterical soccer mom's telling everyone to think of the #ing children.

There will still be an underground market. The Mounties just don't care anymore.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Sorry if this is against the ATS rules, but it feels like a grey zone.

Will senate pass the Cannabis bill?

Even if it is passed today it will be a few months before everything is running, and there are a number of issues that will need to be ironed out, but this could be huge.

I've already applied for a union job at a provincially run dispensary.

I don't see how it could be against the rules, we have over 30 states that have made it legal fully or partially. It would be silly to be able to partake freely but not be able to talk about it, if you live in those states.

If it is against the rules, perhaps it's time to update the rules to match the times.

And good luck, plants that grow naturally being illegal is never a good thing, unless your businesses profit on it being illegal.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They must realized a country full of criminals is bad for business.
Wtf is wrong with the US justice $ystem?

Oh, I know$$$$$$$$

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join