It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 hours less per day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Please don't go back to the drawing board on this, you'll only hurt yourself. Seriously though, you're Trolling with this post aren't you? You have to be, I think most grasped time/months/days etc. in like 1st or 2nd grade

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah, it would probably be easier to speed up the earth, than get out of this work until your body breaks, 2 days off nightmare we have now.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzelfuzz

Please don't go back to the drawing board on this, you'll only hurt yourself. Seriously though, you're Trolling with this post aren't you? You have to be, I think most grasped time/months/days etc. in like 1st or 2nd grade

Of course I know about time and the cycle or rotation of the Earth.

I guess what I was trying to say is that it would be much better if our days were shorter but in order to have that with our rotation, we would need to extend the months. What i didn't take into account was the Sun and moon would be out at all times of the day unless of course we moved our Earth closer to the Sun

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

unless of course we moved our Earth closer to the Sun

LOL, assuming we could it would scorch the earth. Our elliptical orbit creates periods of higher heat with with times being closer.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

unless of course we moved our Earth closer to the Sun

LOL, assuming we could it would scorch the earth. Our elliptical orbit creates periods of higher heat with with times being closer.

Yes, I know it would get very hot. I'm not that stupid.

Thanks for the obvious

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: SaturnFX
24 hours for a earths rotation...cutting hours doesn't make the world speed up.

Noon would be...now noon one day, the next day, it would be happening at 4pm, the next at 8pm, etc

I think you may be correct. But all we'd need to do is alter our sleeping patterns per day or work at different times per day.

I think or maybe I need to go back to the drawing board with this idea. Didn't think it through enough. ha ha.

Yeah, might wanna rethink it. Our bodies have adapted to the earths rotation though, so no real way to get around it.
8 for sleep, 8 for work, 8 for bickering on the internet...as our ancestors did.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Human_Alien
Time is just a way to control and keep us thinking in a linear fashion (not to mention making many oblivious of nature).
No other creature on our entire planet depends on a clock like robotic humans.

If only we would revert back to the Sun, moon and stars.....and start using our minds instead of our brains..... then we'd might start evolving quicker (and in the right direction)!

using the sun/moon/stars is the clock...big clock though, hard to stick on the wall.

The innovation of the clock / telling time allowed societies to form, people to do things like invent medicine that helps us live longer, etc.
Animals use internal clocks...and their life expectancy is generally very small (unless they are under the care of a human...who has a clock)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the obvious

With all do respect, all our arguments against your idea have been that.

Elementary Watson, elementary.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

oh - FFS - now you want to change the earths orbit ???????????????

what you ACTUALLY need to change - to impliment your delusion is the earths period of rotation [ hint - thats where the " day " comes from ]

but hey - carry on - its ammusing

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

All you need is superman to slow down the earths orbit, and you can make the day as long as youw ant.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

If we could find a way to shift the Earth 100 metres towards the Sun, that would help.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

All you need is superman to slow down the earths orbit, and you can make the day as long as youw ant.

Don't want it slowed down... want it speeded up so there's only 20 hours in a day.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Don't want it slowed down... want it speeded up so there's only 20 hours in a day.

Either or...its impossible. The amount of energy needed to achieve it would exceed our capability to produce.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Either or...its impossible. The amount of energy needed to achieve it would exceed our capability to produce.

i guess so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join