It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 hours less per day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

If the sun would stay up longer...maybe.

If you run west fast enough it will.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
24 hours for a earths rotation...cutting hours doesn't make the world speed up.

Noon would be...now noon one day, the next day, it would be happening at 4pm, the next at 8pm, etc

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Time is just a way to control and keep us thinking in a linear fashion (not to mention making many oblivious of nature).
No other creature on our entire planet depends on a clock like robotic humans.

If only we would revert back to the Sun, moon and stars.....and start using our minds instead of our brains..... then we'd might start evolving quicker (and in the right direction)!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrapscalllion
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Do you even know how time works? The earth rotates at a certain speed, which we have broken down into 24.(whatever) hours, rounded off to 24. All you will do by going 10 to 10 is lengthening the time periods we would be using to measure that rate, not actually changing anything.

So if we just ignore clocks, winter has really short days, and the extra hours come in the summer.
I don't have logistics yet, I need more coffee first

If we have to pick, I need the extra hours - I pick 30 hours in a day (not working hours)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Less working hours aswell.

How? All you did was move the overall amount of time around.

How? Easily explanable:

If you get up at 7pm and work from 9am to 5pm, you'd now being be working from 9am to 5pm but with 2 hours less. your working hours would be 9am, 10am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and finish at 5pm. So you'ed be working 6 hours per day instead of 8.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That's the point, I'm way too busy to get everything done and sleep in 24 hours.

30 hours would work out great.

If your day is too boring, I suggest taking up a hobby.

You're having laugh.

If you want 30 hours in a day, I'd suggest you go visit a Doctor.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

If you get up at 7pm and work from 9am to 5pm, you'd now being be working from 9am to 5pm but with 2 hours less. your working hours would be 9am, 10am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and finish at 5pm. So you'ed be working 6 hours per day instead of 8.

The total working time in the year remains the same and the total amount of time per day, by percent spent working, remains the same. All you did was change how it's described.

edit on 7-6-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This thread was meant to be a serious thread

LOL.

So how would we make sure sunlight is consistent at certain times? You know, like with the current system.

Longer life spans? We'd still be alive for the same amount of time.

Your year would be 2 months more which would mean 2 months extra life or at least it would seem like it, I'm not sure. I'll have to do the Math again but you could be right in that our year would still theoretically be the same.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The total working time in the year remains the same and the total amount of time per day, by percent spent working, remains the same. All you did was change how it's described.

Overall it may remain the same but per day it would be shortened.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

There is only so much room on the internet, and you’re filling up space with this?

ha ha ha. Very funny.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And unchanged over the course of a year. It's the exact same amount of time because you'd need to lengthen the seconds, minutes and hours in the day to align with the solar cycle. This is basic math.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
The rising and setting of the sun is not going to conform to your time line .... So if you started this plan on a Sunday ... By Wednesday your midnight would be during the day at high noon normal time . ... So ...I don't get it ?

Change your working day-time hors to suit the daylight or work over the darker hours! We already have some businesses open 24/7 anyway, will it make much difference?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

And unchanged over the course of a year. It's the exact same amount of time because you'd need to lengthen the seconds, minutes and hours in the day to align with the solar cycle. This is basic math.

Why would you need to lengthen the seconds, minutes and hours? As i explained in the post above, you just work at different day-light hours or work when it's dark. The 2 Months added per year would make up the solar cycle to the exact same as it is today.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Can we bank the extra 4 hours it takes the earth to spin around one time and then at the end of the year use our bank time to stop the world from spinning and all have a long sunny day at the beach?

That made me laugh.

This is a serious thread may I add.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Why would you need to lengthen the seconds, minutes and hours? As i explained in the post above, you just work at different day-light hours or work when it's dark. The 2 Months added per year would make up the solar cycle to the exact same as it is today.

The solar cycle coincides with with the 60 seconds/minutes, 24 hour timekeeping we use now. If you trimmed 4 hours and left each hour at 60 minutes and each minute at 60 seconds you'd have daybreak and sunset rotating throught the hours of the day over the course of a week. Not sure why you are not grasping this.

The reason we have the calendar we have now is becasue the exact same thing happened, to a lessor extent, during Roman times when extra months were added to keep the calendar aligned to the solar cycle and make the same days fall at teh same time every year.

If you change the amount of hours in the day without changing the components of those hours the solar cycle will no longer align on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
24 hours for a earths rotation...cutting hours doesn't make the world speed up.

Noon would be...now noon one day, the next day, it would be happening at 4pm, the next at 8pm, etc

I think you may be correct. But all we'd need to do is alter our sleeping patterns per day or work at different times per day.

I think or maybe I need to go back to the drawing board with this idea. Didn't think it through enough. ha ha.
edit on CDTThu, 07 Jun 2018 08:37:21 -05000000003008x121x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I prefer to distort my time with drugs and alcohol. What was the question?
edit on 7-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

"This is a serious thread may I add."

If this is a serious thread, I must not be taking the correct drugs! There are natural biorhythms that you aren't accounting for, therefore this would never work! Having had to work a 2-2-2-80 shift in the Navy, I can tell you that forcing your body to adjust it's sleep cycle every day is a horrible thing!

Py

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

obvious question - how long would " one hour " - in your new 20 h day be ???

if you answer - 60 min - just like the currebt 24 hour day - then your " plan " CANNOT work

one day - HAS to run fro local noon to local noon

and if you alter the hour - you achieve nothing

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think you Irished up your coffee way too much this morning if you think this makes sense.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join