It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism and women who can't do jobs men do but get paid the same

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
you seem to be ignoring the amount of meddling powerful men did to weaken the queens and get them either dethroned or married so they could have their king though.

If they would have fetched their King a sammie and let him watch the ballgame none of it ever would happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nothing is equal

There is a hierarchy in everything you can not guarantee equal outcomes

Its life get over it

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

you seem to be ignoring the amount of meddling powerful men did to weaken the queens and get them either dethroned or married so they could have their king though.

We had to meddle or else the women would have had us all killed off!

The greatest chance humanity has is keeping women distracted with "50 Shades" and chocolates while the men try to repair everything in society that women broke!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The greatest chance humanity has is keeping women distracted with "50 Shades" and chocolates while the men try to repair everything in society that women broke!

If it weren't for me fishing out the hair-chinchilla my wife creates weekly in the shower drain the house would flood.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If it weren't for me fishing out the hair-chinchilla my wife creates weekly in the shower drain the house would flood.

They do this on purpose! They are trying to destroy humanity! Women really are from Venus.

Men are from earth and just need a belly rub and a sandwich.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a topic.

On average men are superior to women physically...

Source:Armed forces,Nfl,and american ninja warrior

that is real life

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

They do this on purpose! They are trying to destroy humanity!

The best part is when she says, 'That's effing gross!!! Why did you leave it there in the shower after you pulled it out?!?'.

edit on 7-6-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Next time put a bowl of food and some shredded paper in the corner of the shower. Give it a name.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Do I realize that sometimes I'm not gonna be able to?

You and I both blend
I'm too old for that kind of lifting

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Wow , seriously don't be humble. On average men are superior in every way.

We were born with two heads. Its Science.

edit on 23630America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2018 10:23:52 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Wow , seriously get some self respect. On average men are superior in every way.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

shhhhhhh
you will wake them...

edit on 7-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof
As a female, I have to agree with you. Most women are not as strong and do not have the stamina of men. I do not feel it is correct to place someone in a position that is relying on strength if they do not have the strength in the name of diversity. It is unfair to the other workers. That would include a male that did not have the strength to do the job.

There was a time I would have called myself a feminist, but no longer. I despise these woman talking about how they can kick butt and do any job with their inch long fingernails and stiletto heels.At the same time many will sexualize themselves and claim they can't stand men. What kind of weirdness is that.Most of them have never changed a tire, never mowed a lawn or made any home repairs but they want to claim the status of those that can. Almost every movie now has a female as the heroine in unlikely roles that most women could never hope to do at any level. So now we have women that have a false sense of empowerment that most haven't earned. It really is not true that women can always do everything men do... some woman have developed exceptional strength and they would be the exception. It's also true that women can do things that men can't So the issue does not come down to gender for me, it comes down to qualifications.

It would be much wiser for a business owner to assign tasks according to abilities to perform. If you can't lift the designated weight, you don't get that job. If you can't carry your own weight then do something else.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This seems to be the root of your anger:

Obviously the solution should be to buy a $35,000 digger that can fit in between the trees and a $15-20,000 lift for trees to move them around, plant them and load them, right? Why are we so limited with having a $30 shovel and a $20 set of hay bail hooks? That is discrimination and sexist, oh, and not fair.

Lack of fancy, heavy lifting equipment is a business decision. Ultimately, it is cheaper for the boss to use cheaper manual labor, than shell out the big bucks to make YOUR job easier.

The premise that the fault lays with the woman running the register, and who assists with the manual labor as best she can is a false one.

If you wanted a lighter work load, then perhaps you should choose a different profession that requires a less strenuous set of skills. There’s always door greeting at Wal-Mart.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The women body builders wile they are stronger then 90 % of the males one thing you forget they give up the ability of having a child to get that strength .
To much testoroin kills a women child making ability's .

And still not one comes even half way to the strongest man .Pointing out extreams does not help a cause .
As for the rest of this post fun lol looks to me like most women and men are still realistic .

You know my son is married with 3 children he does the man stuff works heavy job on and on she does the mom stuff .
And frankly she is better then I am ( My sons x sucked at any thing mom or job )
I like her she is progressing quite well no self estem issues there .
And that my friends man or women is what it really boils down to lak of self estem .
when you are sure of your self and who you are - who does the job no longer matters .

A strong women would get help lifting . After all few men can lift 250 pound so we round up 3 other guys to HELP .

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
it's also possible that the employers are finding it hard to find men willing to do the work for the pay they are offering... or just not willing to do the work at any pay rate, and he's just taking the best he can get.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Men are superior intellectually and physically. But women are prettier. So it evens out.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I guess I should make this clear that this really isn't about the people being female (or am I making assumptions, IDK what the proper way to address this topic these days......), if these people were male but were similarly identifiable and a "group" (I'll just pick the stereotypical "goths" that are portrayed in South Park and tween shows) it would be the same. The stereotype is: a small, very skinny guy/gal who usually wears all black, black eye liner, and may think they are a vampire or other dark creature, etc. If I had worked with a lot of these people who passed work off as described, maybe a different way - they try to pick up a 50lb bag, get it 2/3 way up then just drop it and stare at it in defeat then walk away from the customer and tell another worker they are going on break while they try to hold back tears of misery and embarrassment.

"Those" people could be interchanged with women and this would be a thread only about equal work and equal pay, but there isn't a large goth movement that states they can do anything a man can do and they deserve equal representation in every job that they WANT. If there was a group doing that, then there would most likely be many threads about very similar situations and the sexes could join together and be rational without worrying about who was superior and possibly even embrace the differences and strengths. Maybe we are luckier the way it is than the other way... Silver lining I guess.
edit on 6 7 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

In my job the men are always assigned the difficult and aggressive patients.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Everyone has examples of how wages and earnings are blurred.

My example:
I work for a commercial and residential moving and freight transport company. There are women at my job that do prep work for the residential moving side.

They make less than everyone else. They get paid the same as everyone else. Key word MAKE /EARN.

I have worked with females that opted to do the much harder and better paid work. They made more than some males.

Going by gender alone, we could argue that my employers, past and present, give preference to butch dikes since they are the only group of females that can do the hard lifting and moving jobs, and consequently they earn more money in our industry because of it.

The low earning prep people dont have to be women, but most males will not even apply for such a light job. The low commission and hardly tipped work sends most primary income earners for their family to opt for the bigger paycheck and the broken body that comes with it.

I always remember a short native Guatamalan woman working side by side with her husband. They were lugging debris from a demo job down 8 flights of stairs during a heatwave in NYC.

Im sure they were paid well enough to keep them doing it. They didnt bat an eye. SHE was working harder than her husband.

I tried to stay out of their way while I brought up furniture along side them. I was in awe of her. Her loads were as heavy or heavier than what I could carry more than once.

Her gender wasnt a factor when she chose that job. It isnt a factor when she gets paid for her work that many COULD NOT do...like other women who complain about their EARNINGS and blame their FAIR WAGES for their personal lack of wealth.

edit on 6 7 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join