It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body cam footage shows Arkansas traffic stop that is subject of lawsuit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Adam Finley of Smithville Arkansas was sitting in his truck at work just minding his own business when possibly the biggest ass hole power tripping cop I have ever seen starts harassing him for no reason.

Then the cop tells him to get out of the truck and starts screaming at him for having an attitude. He had no attitude at all he was completely compliant and the cop ends up throwing him in cuffs and roughing him up for absolutely no reason.

Eventually the cop realizes the guy wasnt doing anything but working and lets him go, saying I hope you learned your lesson like he was a child.

So Adam decides to go file a complaint (2nd video) and is told by the sergeant that the prosecutor reviewed the video and said he needs to be written 2 more citations, One for refusing to be arrested .

So they wrote him 2 more criminal citations.

The cop should be charged with assault and kidnapping IMO. I hope he wins the lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
One thing for sure is that the msm cant eat this up as racism since they're both Caucasians. .. I guess it's just a cop assaulting and harassing a civilian.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
WTF is wrong this cop, OMG that's some serious roid rage.

Around 2.30 he dares the guy to move, trying to escalate the situation ....what a power tripping douche bag....

edit on 7-6-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

There is missing video to the body cam. This means most likely it was taken to be used in court. And if the district atty saw the video and decided to bring this guy in and press charges for resisting arrest. The officer wasn't out of line at all. The DA isn't going to start a case they know they cant win. The missing video tells a diffrent story or we are to believe the DA just likes having people arrested after the police let them go.

Again they called him to come in to be booked you donr do that without some evidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

There is missing video to the body cam. This means most likely it was taken to be used in court. And if the district atty saw the video and decided to bring this guy in and press charges for resisting arrest. The officer wasn't out of line at all. The DA isn't going to start a case they know they cant win. The missing video tells a diffrent story or we are to believe the DA just likes having people arrested after the police let them go.

Again they called him to come in to be booked you donr do that without some evidence.

WTF are you talking about? You did not even watch the video huh? Where is the missing part? It looks damm complete to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

WTF are you talking about? You did not even watch the video huh? Where is the missing part? It looks damm complete to me.

yeah he clearly didnt, the video is complete, so im not sure what hes talking about...

The guy has a solid case for sure, this sort of crap seems to be happening more and more, and like i stated years ago before the cop shootings started , if they dont get it under control........the people are going to start fighting back...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think you need to watch the video it doesn't show the officer walking up to the vehicle. It dorant show why the officer came up to the vehicle. We cant hear what he was saying when he handed licsence there's missing video and they only released part of it. And it seems they purposely removed the audio from the beginning of the recording.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You need cops that are dumb and immoral enough to enforce all the morality-based laws.

Get rid of most of the laws on the books and hire guys who aren't retarded.

What's this guy act like when he's not on camera?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The cop resigned 2 months after this. And now the sergeant and the other cop are on administrative leave.

katv.com...

So there is no more video. There is no defense for treating a grown man like that.

This guy kept his cool way longer than I could have. I would have have ended up in jail lol.
edit on 7-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Dude, if you haven't noticed there is a trend with police that they feel superior and should get the utmost respect in all situations, people shouldn't question them, exercise their rights, or talk to them in the wrong tone, or move the wrong way, or make the wrong face, or answer the question wrong.

We pay these punks to beat us with our tax dollars.

Did you see one the other day with the cop forearm striking the 90 lb girl to the back of the head on the beach? We can't even do that sh!t in MMA, it can kill a person.

She walked away and he said "now your going down" or some other beta little-big-man statement.

Questioning a stop is your right.

This cop didn't want his authority questioned, assaulted the guy then abused his power and arrested him when he went in to make a complaint.

IA or the feds ought to get involved and he and whoever was with him at the arrest should be fired, jailed, and he should sue the department, from their paychecks, not the tax payers.

This is getting stupid, we need cops for a lot of bad criminals out there, one's who beat people over ego BS shouldn't be cops.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

The cop resigned 2 months after this. And now the sergeant and the other cop are on administrative leave.

katv.com...

So there is no more video. There is no defense for treating a grown man like that.

This guy kept his cool way longer than I could have. I would have have ended up in jail lol.

Good, I am glad. He isn't emotionally mature enough to be dealing with the public.
Don't end up in jail, nod and smile and end up in your lawyers office.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
That guy exercised the patience of Gandhi when it came to that cop.

I like to think I could do the same but IDK... that cop was something else.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Cops have been doing this so long to minorities and NOTHING has been done. Cops think they can now do it to anybody. And they are right, they can.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I think you need to watch the video it doesn't show the officer walking up to the vehicle. It dorant show why the officer came up to the vehicle. We cant hear what he was saying when he handed licsence there's missing video and they only released part of it. And it seems they purposely removed the audio from the beginning of the recording.

You can't be serious, like the footage with the homeless guy getting pounded on, there is a clear pattern here, the thin blue line is bad enough without citizens cheering them on and enabling them further....

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Let's not forget the guy who was gunned down in the hallway of that hotel pleading for his life, when he had done NOTHING.

And I know that most of you don't agree, but rolling up on Tamir Rice and shooting him from the cop car in less than two seconds was WRONG.

Cops are afraid, and now so are we, of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
We had a situation similar to this in Milwaukee, (where our police officers have a, "shoot first, questions later" attitude).
The MPD decided to harrass a young black man for parking across 2 parking spots at a Walgreens - at 3am when the lot was empty, tazing him and standing on his head when he was not resisting, although he was insubordinate, with good reason imo.
The body cam footage was classic!!! Especially when they realize that the young black man, Sterling Brown, is the star rookie, of the Milwaukee Bucks.
Hearing the officers panic and tell each other, " this is gonna be a media $&#t storm! What do we do?" Is priceless!!!
Police do these things constantly. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, it doesn't matter. The MPD are equal opportunity civil rights infringers.
They just picked on the person who has the money, attorneys, and media attention to bring these Nazis in to the light this time.
With the OP, lets score 2 for the good guys!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Both of those shootings were really bad, really really bad. The hallway shooting was a smidgen worse because of how blatant it was.... We know how screwed we are when our fellow citizens defend this behavior.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I understand people who secretly support Vigilante internal affairs resolution.

Good guy goes to let the police know they have a bad cop giving them a bad name, and they proceed to be corrupt bastards trying to hurt him more with their allotted power.

Figures. Thats american policing minus the BS public relations efforts that keep them from getting lynched over their nonsense.

Its an abuse of trust. Fire them or fire at them. When a criminal or criminalS with a big enough wallet meets them, these cops will sell the keys to their city to the highest bidder.

Fix this. If not you get a national problem....oh wait. Yeah.

edit on 6 7 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Whats even more screwed up, is what you describe there is rampant all throughout government, judges, politicians, lawyers, senators their all in on it...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
There's a reason they're called the biggest gang on the planet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join