It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who stole the American dream … The Powell Memo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is it, folks, the etiology of the corporate rape of America.

Why the middle class can’t get a raise

Why the glass ceiling keeps people poor or middle class at best.

Why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Indeed, the now infamous Powell memo, the conservative call to arms to destroy the middle class and bring the country to a plutocracy, almost back to serfdom.

Written over 40 years ago by the future Supreme Court Justice Lewis Powell, at the behest of the US Chamber of Commerce, the 6-page memo, a free-market utopian treatise, called for a money fueled big business makeover of government through corporate control of the media, academia, the pulpit, arts and sciences and destruction of organized labor and consumer protection groups. But Powell’s real “end game” was business control of law and politics, culminating in the infamous Citizens United Case that concluded that corporations could give unlimited amounts of money to political campaigns. But Powell’s real “end game” was business control of law and politics.

LINK

Few people know about this infamous memo from this conservative future SCOTUS judge that has led the country down the road to economic slavery of a lot of Americans.

PDF LINK TO MEMO
www.heist-themovie.com...

edit on 6-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
One stolen dream is worth every nickel.

🚬🔫

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

this is IT huh?

THE reason.

I think you meant to put this in the mudpit, since you pointed out multiple times that this was a conservative thing... ok, we get it. conservatives ruined the whole world, are responsible for every bad thing ever...

...and your kind just, sat back and allowed America to go back to almost feudal times? wow you are making your "heros" sound really wimpy right now... we better not hand over the gov to you all. China could just take over, and youd be all like "ok, here's a PC hotline # in case any of our citizens offend you, we will have them imprisoned immediately, or executed if they try to prevent your honorable invasion of America which you have Every right to do, and we would be wrong not to respect that part of your culture..." Right before they put a bullet in your head.

Sorry I would've read it if you didnt treat it as if it was a law or something. It was a memo. By one man. And it single handedly took down the economy?, or rather, handed it up to the rich? I don't think so. Rich people were Always going to get richer, while the poor got poorer. No memo forced them to do that.

edit on 6/6/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

at the behest of the US Chamber of Commerce

The true 'loyalty' was right there in your OP and you totally missed it. There is a massive difference between 'conservative' and 'supporter of the Military Industrial Complex agenda'.

The latter, my friend, ARE the swamp creatures and guess what, they are neither conservative nor liberal - they're simply feckless c**ts who want your mind and labour and money - all of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

To "steal" the American dream is to steal something you can never own.

The American dream isn't stuff or a purchase.

It's the idea that everyone has the freedom of opportunity.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If it is a “Conservative” thing then why did Obama run the same playbook? Isn’t it really a slimy Deep State thing that doesn’t belong to either side?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Meh, the commie manifesto was churning out your destruction long before some Chamber of Commerce suckup penned a memo.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"The American dream" was a marketing gimmick cooked up by Fanny Mai and Freddie Mac to sell low interest rate loans to returning GI's after WWII.

Swing and a miss op...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i'm a millennial and my business just hit 80k a month in revenue. Will be 100+ by the fall.

Does my dream count? Or not really?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The dream as you describe it was co-opted by the corporations starting with people like Henry Ford. The real dream was to be able to create your own business enterprise and grow it into a strong and profitable business from a shoe string. It is still possible to do this, but established corporations make breaking into their markets extremely tough. If you can find a niche that isn't dominated by big business, then the dream can still become a reality.

However, the idea that you can make a good living working your ass off for big corporations that take care of you from cradle to grave is gone. You need a dream that makes you owner of a business that takes off and put you near the top of that niche. Choosing the right opportunities with a good business plan while working your ass off toward that goal is how the dream can be realized, not working for someone else and becoming part of their corporate culture dream.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Will. You might like to read a book published in 1996 by Stuart Ewen titled PR: A Social History of Spin.
The book not only gives a history of advertising, both commercial and governmental, but also lays out the agenda of big business from back in the times of the railroad captains and robber barons of the mid to late 1800s.

The common man through use of our government sought and enacted a number of regulatory provisions that limited the economic power of the major corporations at that time and the corporate elite never forgot. With the full blown collapse of their economy in 29 they had to take a back seat to the drastic steps that Roosevelt enacted in order to save what was left of the economy.

Big Business seethed and plotted and year by year, decade by decade worked through propaganda techniques to slowly mold the minds of middle America over to believing that big business were our friends. Finally they found the perfect persona, the perfect face to sell them that message.

A B grade actor who had turned into a soap salesman and weekly smiled out through everyone's TV sets offering tales of the old West. Supported by the National Association of Manufactures, they ran him for governor of California and then into two terms as Potus, enacting laws promoted big business and overturning others that helped protect the middle class from the machinations of the business class. And today, he is revered as a legendary conservative figure of American history even though he was riddled with Alzheimers in his later years and received counsel from his wife's psychic reader.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

What do oyu want me to say, it was a liberal

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
i'm a millennial and my business just hit 80k a month in revenue. Will be 100+ by the fall.

Does my dream count? Or not really?

We’re talking about the vast majority of people in the country.

Everybody isn’t going to be a business owner.

People like you need employees who don’t have the desire or aptitude to be a business owner.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Reagan was their boy indeed. He was the real beginning of the death of the American dream when he cut taxes for the rich massively. Then assisted in the destruction of the unions

top topics

join