It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Signs Major Veterans Healthcare Overhaul Bill Into Law - The VA MISSION Act.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

After decades government administered VA I'm happy with a little privatization.

If the cluster# known as the VA is your ideal in terms of government healthcare...Well...No thanks, man.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

After decades government administered VA I'm happy with a little privatization.

If the cluster# known as the VA is your ideal in terms of government healthcare...Well...No thanks, man.

And I truly hope you will continue to be when a large portion of funding is going out as profit to a small pool of shareholders. I have trouble imagining improvement.

A CBO (Congressional Budget Office) paper on the subject dated December 2014 - when #44 expanded the VA.

Comparing the Costs of the Veterans’ Health Care System With Private-Sector Costs

www.cbo.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

And I truly hope you will continue to be when a large portion of funding is going out as profit to a small pool of shareholders. I have trouble imagining improvement.

It isn't all about costs. But if we're discussing top heavy pooling of funds consider the salaries and the scandals that have erupted from the top brass at the VA essentially stealing from the organization.

Just do a google search for "VA Scandal". No need to look for a particular source. They're all true.

My last visit to the VA ER due to my combat-related injury was an 8-hour wait in some of the worst pain I've ever been in. Their excuse was "It's Monday". Going to the privately owned Renown Hospital was 20 minutes when I had another episode and if it wasn't for the Veteran's Choice program I would have wound up paying Renown for something the Government agreed to pay for the moment I got #ed up doing my job.

There's a status quo that has been plaguing generations of veterans. That status quo is the lack of incentive to do good work. No one at the VA is under threat of being fired and they KNOW their #ty action will net zero consequences. Those days are over now.

I'm sick to death of liberals telling me that privatization is bad when the government is literally killing us at home when the enemy fails to do so abroad.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Trouble is, there were actually very good VA facilities, but then there were also the majority; very bad and horribly run facilities as well. This new law will also help to set the standard and (I hope) it will be strictly monitored.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It isn't all about costs. But if we're discussing top heavy pooling of funds consider the salaries and the scandals that have erupted from the top brass at the VA essentially stealing from the organization.

Just do a google search for "VA Scandal". No need to look for a particular source. They're all true.

My last visit to the VA ER due to my combat-related injury was an 8-hour wait in some of the worst pain I've ever been in. Their excuse was "It's Monday". Going to the privately owned Renown Hospital was 20 minutes when I had another episode and if it wasn't for the Veteran's Choice program I would have wound up paying Renown for something the Government agreed to pay for the moment I got #ed up doing my job.

There's a status quo that has been plaguing generations of veterans. That status quo is the lack of incentive to do good work. No one at the VA is under threat of being fired and they KNOW their #ty action will net zero consequences. Those days are over now.

I'm sick to death of liberals telling me that privatization is bad when the government is literally killing us at home when the enemy fails to do so abroad.

I realize it isn't all or even mostly about cost but about CARE, quality care. The question is how the funding is used - for care or for 'other'.

I know there is waste and corruption in the system but I question whether a privatized, for private profit, solutions will in fact improve care.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I know there is waste and corruption in the system but I question whether a privatized, for private profit, solutions will in fact improve care.

The VA has been around for 87 years and for the entirety of its existence it has been a garbage organization that can only be said to be "better than nothing". But you're questioning whether taking a different direction in how the system is managed and how care is provided would improve the situation?

How long do we do the same dumb # before we decide it's time to do something different?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So far the msm is reporting on this positively.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The VA System is going to be
the best that it can be.

Rest Assured.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The VA has been around for 87 years and for the entirety of its existence it has been a garbage organization that can only be said to be "better than nothing". But you're questioning whether taking a different direction in how the system is managed and how care is provided would improve the situation?

How long do we do the same dumb # before we decide it's time to do something different?

Maybe time for Single Payer Universal Healthcare. Do away with the VA, WC and medicaid - roll them all into one system.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The government can't run the VA what makes you think they can run the HC systems of 50 states with different needs and demographics?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join