It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Signs Major Veterans Healthcare Overhaul Bill Into Law - The VA MISSION Act.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
June 6, 2018

In October 2015, Presidential Candidate Donald J. Trump made a promise to U.S. Veterans..

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Saturday announced a plan to reform the veterans health system at a rally in Norfolk, Va.

“We’re going to take care of those wounded warriors and we’re going to take care of our vets better than anybody."he said, speaking in front the USS Wisconsin — the same spot where now-Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was formally introduced as Mitt Romney’s running mate in 2012.

Trump promised that in his administration, veterans would receive better healthcare more quickly.

"The plan will ensure our veterans get the care they need, wherever and whenever they need it," he said.
From 10.31.2015: thehill.com...

TODAY, President Trump kept another of his campaign promises to Americans, by signing the "VA Mission Act" into law.

WASHINGTON — President Trump signed legislation Wednesday paving the way for a major overhaul of the Department of Veterans Affairs and expanded access for veterans to VA-funded care in the private sector.

The measure, which passed both chambers of Congress last month with overwhelming bipartisan support, delivers on a key campaign promise for Trump, who pledged to provide veterans with more non-VA health care choices.

"What a beautiful word that is — choice — and freedom to our amazing veterans," Trump said at the signing ceremony. "All during the campaign I'd go out and say, 'why can't they just go see a doctor instead of standing in line for weeks and weeks and weeks?' Now they can go see a doctor."
Source Article: www.usatoday.com...

From the Military's Perspective: www.militarytimes.com...

As the Military Times publication points out, it will take at least a year for the core components of this major overhaul of the Veterans Administration to go live.

But when U.S. Veterans were dying while on waiting lists, like people do in some countries, our U.S. President at the time, did nothing.

We veterans thank God that President Trump (and Congress) had the determination, character, and compassion, to bring these sorely needed improvements to our VA healthcare system.

Here's a wonderful little 1 minute highlight clip of today's signing ceremony.

-CareWeMust
edit on 6/6/2018 by carewemust because: slight title adjustment

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Awww crap.

It'll be fun to see the Trump-haters hating all the vets now because Trump did something for them.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Let's see what the left has to say now......I hear crickets...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank God. I am so impressed that Trump, of all presidents, the last few who were also non-nvets, made promises they never kept to our vets. Thank you, President Donald Trump. Now, let's see it put into action. Including how it will be funded.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What a beautiful word that is — choice —

It IS a beautiful word!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I have been waiting for this to come to fruition and now it finally has. Good on you Mr. Trump
Keep doing good things and stay off Twitter and you have my vote next time around.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I'm a lefty and I won't be silent.

I love this.

I mean as a lefty one wants people who can't take care of themselves to be better taken care of right?

gawd the mind bending to make everything trump does bad is crazy. I just don't have the energy for that level of mental gymnastics.

I hope this better helps some of my brothers, and sisters.
I never got deployed.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In theory this sounds great, I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear from the vets if and when life has improved for them.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think anyone is callous enough to crap on Trump for helping Veterans.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

If they were SMART and WISE, the Left would say, "God Bless our President, and God Bless America".

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Oh please everyone knows this was Obama doing. Why do you think he sent those billions to Iran, he was saving and hiding the money so trump could do this.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You must not have met Madam Pelosi. Or her cast of thousands.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Thank God. I am so impressed that Trump, of all presidents, the last few who were also non-nvets, made promises they never kept to our vets. Thank you, President Donald Trump. Now, let's see it put into action. Including how it will be funded.

U.S. law enforcement confiscates enough drug money in raids, to pay for this V.A. overhaul, and a lot of other things. A staggering $8.7 BILLION was seized in 2015.

Source: www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Finally. Something I can get behind fully, and doesn't require media hyperbole to make it look good.

This is a right step forward and it seems to be a promise kept. Well done, DJT.
edit on 6-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I have been waiting for this to come to fruition and now it finally has. Good on you Mr. Trump
Keep doing good things and stay off Twitter and you have my vote next time around.

If the President didn't post to social media, we'd have to rely solely on the MSM. It's wonderful for a President to communicate directly with the people!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
In theory this sounds great, I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear from the vets if and when life has improved for them.

We'll be eagerly looking forward to your "judgements" in a couple of years.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Good move on Trump's part, I like it. Credit where it is due.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

If the President didn't post to social media, we'd have to rely solely on the MSM. It's wonderful for a President to communicate directly with the people!

Well maybe I have misspoke. Maybe a little less random rants on twitter.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You must not have met Madam Pelosi. Or her cast of thousands.

Oh My God...YOU'RE RIGHT! Pelosi tried her level best to keep veterans dying while on waiting lists!

An attempt to get long-stalled reforms to VA Choice in the spending omnibus this week broke down because of opposition from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), once again putting on hold legislation that would substantially open up private care to veterans.
From March 2018: www.modernhealthcare.com...

How in the hell is this cold-hearted, satan possessed woman elected to any office in this country?!?! She must own all the voting machines in her district.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Couple battles were happy about this and I for one am very happy as well.

No Veteran should die while waiting on a list for care.

Kudos to the OP for a very well built thread, S+F.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join