It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Anarchism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: FyreByrd

It is nonsense to allow every individual to destroy every authority. Anarchy leads to Idiocracy.

Did you read the OP or just the title?
Anarchism is about questioning authority and asking if that authority can justify itself, if it can't it needs to be replaced with something more suitable. It's not about destroying every authority as many seem to misunderstand.

Its more in line with the ideas of a meritocracy. You know where people capable of doing things well get to do them rather than the cronyism we have going on in our societys.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Sure, especially since 'words' have no inherent meaning, but, anarchy has been infused with so much red-cultism and "leftist activism" at times it has to be referenced to what 'anarchy' "was"

'anarchy' was never about social-activism or leftist activism, it was about the negation of all "rulers" or authority, and not limited to people e.g society, civilisation, domestication etc etc

now anarchy is about doing some charity work and calling yourself a radical, or attempting to do some social-justice activism by being the most woke... "anarchists" and by that, I mean social/civil red-cultists anarchists are among the most authoritarian

there are still some of us out there who are anti-left and anti-right

also, not a fan of Bakunin...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I don't need to be a fan in order to argue his ideals. And they are more actual now than ever, that much should be abundantly clear already.

'anarchy' was never about social-activism or leftist activism, it was about the negation of all "rulers" or authority, and not limited to people e.g society, civilisation, domestication etc etc

Agreed, and thus it never was about left or right. I'd look at it like a lense or a colour filter. You can apply anarchistic principles on pretty much everything. It's just a lable for the application of a critical method on authority.

now anarchy is about doing some charity work and calling yourself a radical, or attempting to do some social-justice activism by being the most woke... "anarchists" and by that, I mean social/civil red-cultists anarchists are among the most authoritarian

Well. The Prussians don't shoot that fast. While there might be differences with regards to the sincere and complete application of scepticism, I wont say that it's wrong to work for anarchy via charity work. Actually, it might provide some good and reconnect the people, helping them stand up against tyranny.
Your absolutes are absolute Bollocks when you risk to lose potential allies for the sake of "clean and black" principles. All that stuff looks great on paper only.

edit on 16-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join