It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wall Street Journal: “American Job Openings Now Outnumber the Jobless”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Looks like another milestone has been passed with lightning speed.

According to reports, there's more jobs than jobless !!

Hot election coming in November.

It's "what we have" vs "what we think we don't have"
😲

The Wall Street Journal: “American Job Openings Now Outnumber the Jobless”

The U.S. had more job openings this spring than unemployed Americans.

For the first time since such record-keeping began in 2000, the number of available positions exceeded the number of job seekers, the Labor Department said Tuesday, a shift that is rippling across the economy and affecting the behavior of employers and workers.

U.S. job openings rose to a seasonally adjusted 6.7 million at the end of April, a record high, and more than the 6.3 million Americans who were unemployed during the month. Openings had exceeded the available labor pool beginning in March, according to revised figures released Tuesday.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It probably has a lot to do with baby boomers entering retirement.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to reports.....
let me guess about as accurate as that poll where Hillary was winning the election, bigly....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
It probably has a lot to do with baby boomers entering retirement.

That, and maybe many teens entering "working" age.

🚬📮

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
And crops are rotting in the field because all the cheap labor has been deported....

How much inflation are you willing to take?

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 6-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A truly heartwarming story from CBS

Gin/Whiskey

😰

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
And crops are rotting in the field because all the cheap labor has been deported....

How much inflation are you willing to take?

www.nbcnews.com...

Well if the market requires more money to bring me the goods I pay it, or I skip it for something else. If it is unfair pay to begin with for the workers in the fields that we have to pay super cheap labor to get it, then it seems only right the fair price for the food is paid based on a fair price for the labor. People deserve to be paid reasonably for hard work.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

A truly heartwarming story from CBS

Gin/Whiskey

😰

Here's one from Fox....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Heartbreaking !!

💔

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I wondered how you libs would spin this into something bad. You all are so predictable. Too many jobs is bad in the world of the Progressive. Tragic.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

From the video:

"He supports immigration laws, just not THIS ONE that threatens his third-generation farm".

Not feeling sorry for this guy. He's OK if SOMEONE ELSE suffers, just not him.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So you're advocating slavery for cheap produce?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I like optimism, but this is bs math

Neither numbers are accurate.

We know unemployment isn't even posted honestly.

Also, how'd they come up with job openings number?

You don't register anywhere when your hiring that can collect the numbers.

What, did they read all the craigslist posts, seperate the duplicates, add jobs.com, all local newspapers, websites, etc, then add up the totals?

No, they pulled the numbers out of their you know whats.

"The market is booming, please, please, please invest in our rigged game, before our gravy train runs off the track" should be the title.

I would like to see a massive jump in small business blowing out the big corporations, not a bunch of slave wage openings.

Celebrating the same direction we have been going with work is not really a win.

Hopefully it's semi-true that jobs are increasing and not just a bs consumer confidence fake-math attempt.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Very well said.

I'm willing to pay a little more for some things. If that's one of the things that go along with a booming economy, count me in.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It's a stat they have recorded for 18 years. So it's still relevant even if not totally accurate... Which we have no idea because you don't know the methodology.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that Trump makes up better numbers than Obummer made up?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

inflation has nothing to do with illegals picking crops man you have no idea how the Federal Reserve works do you?

Federal Reserve

Demand-pull inflation occurs when aggregate demand for goods and services in an economy rises more rapidly than an economy's productive capacity. One potential shock to aggregate demand might come from a central bank that rapidly increases the supply of money.

edit on 6-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You could check.

How are JOLTS data collected?
The JOLTS program collects data once a month from selected establishments - stores, offices, factories, and other employers. Initially, data are collected using Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI), and later using web collection. Respondents in CATI collection are called by Data Collection Center interviewers who enter data directly into a computer. Respondents are in CATI collection for the first six months they are in the sample. Respondents assigned to web collection, having first responded for six months in CATI, enter their data on-line at their convenience.

NEW JOLTS Basic Data Collection Form (PDF 24K)
How does JOLTS collect information on employees of temporary help agencies and professional employer organizations?
Data for these employees are collected when units in the industry (NAICS 561320—Temporary Help Services and NAICS 561330—Professional Employer Organizations) are sampled. These units receive a special survey form with instructions that address industry-specific issues.

NEW JOLTS Temporary Help/Professional Employer Organization Industry Data Collection Form (PDF 23K)
How does JOLTS collect information on employees of education establishments?
Data for these employees are collected when units in the industry (NAICS Sector 61—Educational Services) are sampled. These units receive a special survey form with instructions that address industry-specific issues.

NEW JOLTS Education Industry Data Collection Form (PDF 23K)

edit on 6-6-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I wondered how you libs would spin this into something bad. You all are so predictable. Too many jobs is bad in the world of the Progressive. Tragic.

Actually, too many jobs with a Non-Progressive President is a really bad thing for Progressives.

So now they have to run on "less jobs are better!!!"

I was given a picture of the blue wave coming in November by people close to the source...

Gotta love the left... they make winning so easy!!!
edit on 6-6-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's a manipulated market indicator at best.

It doesn't count all the people actually out of work.

Being able to count all the job openings is almost impossible.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join