It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adverts for flu meds are misandrist!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
As someone who worked in the medical field for years, the majority of patients that complained of pain, were squeamish about blood and needles, and had to often be talked into being still for procedures, were male.

I walked around on a broken ankle for nearly a week before I went to get an xray. The second broken ankle, I didn't even take painkillers of any kind while waiting the five or so days for the surgery. I've had 3 kids, 2 of which were very painful prolonged deliveries and one of which I ended up in the hospital before the baby was born for a severe kidney infection which spread to my bloodstream. The labor pains triggered by the infection were just as strong as the real thing, but no meds because of the baby. Once or twice each month I have to endure a very nasty migraine that leaves me exhausted and wrung out from the pain. Lets not forget the menstrual cramps each month that have gone into overdrive because of oncoming menopause.

So, yeah... I really do think women deal with pain far more than men even realize. I often say nothing at all and just push through it because there are too many things that have to get done and they won't get done if we're laying about.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Flip - just reading through that again.

Kinda makes you appreciate being male.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Flip - just reading through that again.

Kinda makes you appreciate being male.

Yeah. To get specific about the things women go through every single month, not including childbirth (!), that a few other women in this thread have brought up:

Besides the cramps (every month; every month!), and the boobs that get so sore that keep you from running (if you're a runner), would you men really deal so well with blood POURING out of your penis for a week every single month? Blood pouring out of your penis in such quantities that you have to be careful about standing up, after you've been sitting for a while, lest the flood of blood leak onto your clothing? Every single month.

Would you guys really keep going every single month while all of this was going on? You'd keep going to work and caring for your household and and children and husband and family while all of that is happening? Because that's what we do every month. Every single month.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Dude, the only thing I will say in response to this is the commercial sounds pretty accurate. I've been with my wife for over 8 years, and when she's sick, sure, she complains, but nowhere near as bad as I complain when I'm sick. I turn into one big, grouchy baby.

I'm also 39 years old, and in my life I've seen this happen everywhere. Men may not necessarily become "babies", but they get pissy as # when they're sick. Talk to most wives who've been married for longer than 5 years, and they'll almost all tell you their husbands become babies when they're sick.

I see nothing wrong with it, the commercial just seems to make a jab at things because they're true. I'm sure there are some men who don't believe they're babies when they're sick, but I bet they're not the same as they are when not sick. XD

top topics

<< 1   >>

join