It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IHOP is International House Of .........

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

what do you love about IHOP?

for me all the chain type breakfast spots i can think of kind of suck
IHOb
stcukey's
bob evans
dennys
waffle house

i guess waffle house is ok if youre on the E comedown(holla suicide tuesday) or youre a lot lizard type but other than that

any of you like those places? for breakfast i mean

around here there are 2 spots that everyone goes.
1 has 1 location and the other has 2

theyre banging and blow the other # away.

those # places are always busy though

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's plain as day as to what the new name will be.

IHOb - International House Obama

First he invades Netflix now he is ruining our breakfasts.

edit on 6 6 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hope it's bras. International House of Bras.

If not, second best thing would be bacon.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Order bacon and eggs over easy, get served oatmeal with dried raisins and the check for the 3 tables around you...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have been to a IHOP twice in my life, I was not that impressed. Some of the local smaller restaurants could make way better breakfasts at a cheaper price.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sounds about right. I expect that they will offer free meals to illegals after the name change too.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Admitted

biscuits are always a good change... always.

A highly doubt their changing it to 'biscuits'... That just kinda seems un-American.

'International House of Biscuits' sounds a little to much like some posh pommy cafe to me..." Would you like some tea with your bikkies sir?"

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's gotta stand for breakfast.

They're changing the name in an effort to be all inclusive. No longer will the restaurant discriminate against other breakfast items by not giving them equal billing on the sign above the store. Now all foods matter and will be consumed equally. And it is about damn time! I've always said myself that pancakes are the white people of breakfast foods.
edit on 6-6-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Order bacon and eggs over easy, get served oatmeal with dried raisins and the check for the 3 tables around you...

While that one single table in the corner gets everyone's food.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
International house of BREAKFAST

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

A highly doubt their changing it to 'biscuits'... That just kinda seems un-American.

'International House of Biscuits' sounds a little to much like some posh pommy cafe to me..." Would you like some tea with your bikkies sir?"

American biscuits are not what you have in mind.

An American biscuit is a fresh bread product, soft, flakey, and moist inside, served hot with some manner of meat loaded cream gravy over the top of it.

Looks like I'll be making biscuits and moose sausage gravy for family dinner tonight now.
edit on 6-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

what do you love about IHOP?

The pancakes and the fried corn beef hash. My wife calls that dog food. So, if it turns her stomach, it's got to be good whether it tastes good or not.

I guess I also like it because of the same reasons that grandma and grandpa love it. I have no idea what that is, but I'm starting to feel my age.

I love breakfast food anytime, especially dinner time. Probably because of my non-conformist nature.

Most of the time when I go there during dinner or breakfast time, the place is packed. So, they must be doing something right.

I really don't like any of the other ones that you mention. I will eat at Waffle House from time to time. But only because it's open late at night when I'm typically active.

-dex

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

American biscuits are not what you have in mind.

An American biscuit is a fresh bread product, soft, flakey, and moist inside, served hot with some manner of meat loaded cream gravy over the top of it.

Looks like I'll be making biscuits and moose sausage gravy for family dinner tonight now.

Damn you. Now I'm hungry for some biscuits and gravy.

Now I've got to put some clothes on and go to the store to get some canned biscuits and some canned gravy. Well, at least it will look like real food. That's the bachelor life for you. My "cooking" doesn't always taste that great. But being free from a nagging wife has its own rewards that makes my limited cuisine worth it.

-dex

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Learn how to cook, man. It's real damn easy. Biscuits are flour, some manner of milk, salt, butter, baking powder, and a small dash of sugar or honey. Mix, roll out, cut with a mason jar ring, and cook at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Gravy: Brown some sausage, moose, caribou, cook some bacon, brown some hamburger, whatever. Using the same skillet, melt a couple tablespoons of butter, add a couple table spoons of flour and cook it for a minute or two to kill the flour taste, then add a couple cups of half and half (or milk if you are a weinee over fat content) and whisk slowly on medium heat until it boils and thickens, salt and pepper to taste. Mix the meat back in, plate the biscuits, pour over the gravy, consume.

Seriously, cooking is the easiest thing in the world. Cleaning up afterward is the only real pain in the ass, but that's why the Good Lord gave us children, ya?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

you gotta clean as you go
fo sho

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

gam gam and pa

I thought it was T & C to write in English. What dos this mean

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Gandma and grandpa

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They didnt learn anything from the New Coke campaign

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

And after all customers invade the bathroom!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Would you like some tea with your bikkies sir

Or as we were offered in the US white gravy over biscuits. cough cough

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join