It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California breaks Democrats' hearts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bless their little hearts 💑

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm curious how many ATS'ers left California, for one reason or another, and are glad they did, or at least wouldn't return.

I'm one of them....

I left California and moved to Idaho, best decision I ever made.

Last year (between July 2015 and July 2016) the Census Bureau also identified eight states with population losses, but it has since revised those numbers, taking Mississippi and New York off the list.

According to this year’s state population estimate, Alaska, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming all lost population between 2016 and 2017. The states that lost population between 2015 and 2016 were Connecticut, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.

The last time eight states lost population in one year was between 1986 and 1987, when a collapse in oil prices hit the economies of energy-producing states.

In the latest estimates, Illinois lost the most population (33,703), followed by West Virginia (12,780), Wyoming (5,595), Louisiana (1,824), Alaska (1,727), Mississippi (1,315), Hawaii (1,145) and North Dakota (155). For Hawaii, Louisiana and North Dakota it was the first population drop of the decade so far.

Idaho was the nation’s fastest-growing state between 2016 and 2017, with a population increase of 2.2 percent, to 1.7 million. Following Idaho were Nevada (2 percent), Utah (1.9 percent), Washington (1.7 percent), and Florida and Arizona (1.6 percent).

www.pewtrusts.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

California has a "Jungle Primary" where only the top finishers are on the ballot regardless of party.

Strange that Fox News adopted this spin on the news.

Dems were actually worried about heavy republican districts having only republicans on the final ballot.

Dems won in the CA primaries by getting on the ballot in almost every competitive district.

Democrats Strengthen House Takeover Prospects in Primary Voting
www.nytimes.com...

Crisis averted: How the Democrats avoided disaster in California
www.nbc-2.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'm curious how many ATS'ers left California, for one reason or another, and are glad they did, or at least wouldn't return.

I'm one of them....

Right here, and I would be exceptionally reluctant to move back (the only thing that would get me back there would be family anchors who never left, which is the bulk of my family).

I left in '98 when I joined the Army and never looked back.

I do like visiting, though--it's such a shame that such fantastic weather and topography has been destroyed by horrendous politics that have priced out the average American from being able to have a comfortable life there (it's not impossible, but it's very difficult).

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It's even funnier how, say, your NBC2 link editorializes the idea that increased Republican names on the ballot would be a "crisis."

Spin is everywhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It's even funnier how, say, your NBC2 link editorializes the idea that increased Republican names on the ballot would be a "crisis."

It qualified "Crisis" for Democrats.

That is not spin, it is accurate?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess that it does depend on how one reads the headline, I'll give you that.

But for the people of California, I would argue that a crisis was created by all of the millions that the DNC poured into state primaries...and by California switching to such a horrible primary system (which, in a state like California. obviously allows for a massive exclusion of Republicans on the ballot).

Buuuuuut...meh. I haven't moved back there for a reason, so I suppose that it only indirectly affects me.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Yeah, I guess that it does depend on how one reads the headline, I'll give you that.

But for the people of California, I would argue that a crisis was created by all of the millions that the DNC poured into state primaries...and by California switching to such a horrible primary system (which, in a state like California. obviously allows for a massive exclusion of Republicans on the ballot).

Buuuuuut...meh. I haven't moved back there for a reason, so I suppose that it only indirectly affects me.

The jungle primary keeps garbage like Tea Baggers or Freedom Caucus types from being elected. It also gives members of fringe parties such as Libertarians a voice.

The GOP is so disgusting that the independents outnumber them. But you don't want to shut the independents out of the process.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
A STUNNER!

NANCY PELOSI and MAXINE WATERS are leaning towards Trump in 2020!!!

SOURCE: twitter.com...

I certainly hope this is NOT true. Pelosi and Waters help the Republican party more, by staying ANTI-Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

It also keeps garbage like Pelosi and Waters and mainly democrats as the only options for many people who may be conservative or, say, libertarian-minded. And that fails to allow a proper option for representation in government to those people, and that's where it becomes the biggest problem, IMO.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join