It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California breaks Democrats' hearts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Lemme ask all you people who got fed up and left California:

Why do you leave one place because it's f# up, then repeat the exact same mistakes in the places you move to and f# them up too?

The hell is wrong with you?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Tends to happen when you're told you can't bathe, use the toilet or wash your clothes

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Fox is doing a happy dance around their prancing unicorns with this one.

From what I saw, the only real news so far is that the "blue wave" turned out to be a "blue ripple." I don't know how many people actually believed it, anyway. The hope was that the jungle primary thing meant that the evil, demonic Republicans would be shut out early by the saintly, enlightened Democrats. Nope, didn't happen. On the other hand, the Democrats weren't exactly shut out either.

November will tell the tale. Until then, all is speculation. We have 5 more months to see what lies the Democrats dig up to denigrate the Republican candidates and what stoopid things the Republicans get to come out of their mouths while their feet are planted securely in it up to the waist.

In other words, same ol', same ol'.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenThe democrats don't do anything but attack conservatives. So why bother supporting them? And if all they care about are social issues that do nothing to improve the country and some actually make it worse, again, why support them? That and they come across as elitist effete snobs.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think a special counsel is required to see if the Russians helped Trump rig it so that two Democrats were not on the November ballot for every Califorinian district that voted this week.
The ONLY explanation is the Russians.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
not true. every 2 years you have to get a smog check. $60 is usually the price for a truck/van, cars are less. California is not the only state that requires smog checks. Arizona has far more strict rules and require more types of vehicles(diesel and motorcycles)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

hahaha

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

If Trump didn't treat California like Hillary treated the states she thought she would win, the Right could do some damage to the "blue state"

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Cali loves open borders! What the heck is going on?

Trump has infected Californians minds, it is clear they must be purified by taxes and unmonitored spending and handouts.

There's been a migration exchange of voters between California and other states like Colorado and Texas due to the way California manages their pension fund system. It looks like the left-wing liberal Democrat voters are being displaced by Conservatives from those states.

I've read other forums where the residents of Colorado and Texas complain about the Californians bring their bleeding heart liberalism along with them and wanting higher taxes, and turning the places they moved to right into the same mess that they have moved from.

Did you mean Californians or Economic Migrants from other countries?

Same thing I guess

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think a special counsel is required to see if the Russians helped Trump rig it so that two Democrats were not on the November ballot for every Califorinian district that voted this week.
The ONLY explanation is the Russians.

All the mail in ballots went to a P.O. Box registered to Russians !!

👉🚬🔫👈

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Stay out of New Mexico if you want to live.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Anyone else see lots and lots of people on SpyBook posting about voting issues in California’s primary?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the California primary elections didn't quite produce the desired results that some were looking for.

The hopes of many "tickets" being one party are apparently gone.

Voters are to blame !! 😲

California breaks Democrats' hearts: 'Big, blue shutout' fails and other takeaways from Tuesday's primaries

Neither party managed to land any knockout blows in California Tuesday as voters went to the polls there and in seven other states to pick candidates who will face off in the Nov. 6 midterm elections, when control of the U.S. House and Senate will be up for grabs.

The fate of President Trump’s legislative priorities will hang in the balance in November. Right now Republicans control both the House and Senate, but a swing of just 23 seats would give Democrats a House majority. The GOP holds a narrow majority of 51 seats in the Senate, with Democrats controlling 47 seats and independents who caucus with Democrats holding two seats.

California, home to the nation’s largest congressional delegation with 39 Democrats and 14 Republicans, has a so-called “jungle primary.” All candidates initially competed on a single ballot Tuesday. The two who come out on top go on to the general election, regardless of political party. This makes it possible for two Democrats or two Republicans to face each other in November.

Total FOX BS.

CNN truth

That means that in all seven -- yes, seven -- Republican-held California House seats that Hillary Clinton won in the the 2016 election, Democrats will have a candidate. That's a very big deal -- particularly when you consider that if Democrats can win five or six of these seats that amounts to one-quarter (or close) of the total of 23 seats they need to net to win back the majority in November.

Also, not for nothing: It appears as though Republicans will be shut out of Sen. Dianne Feinstein's re-election race -- as the incumbent led the field with almost 44% of the vote and state senator Kevin de Leon appears to have secured the second slot.

The GOP is so pathetic they couldn't field a candidate to challenge an 80+ senator.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the California primary elections didn't quite produce the desired results that some were looking for.

The hopes of many "tickets" being one party are apparently gone.

Voters are to blame !! 😲

California breaks Democrats' hearts: 'Big, blue shutout' fails and other takeaways from Tuesday's primaries

Neither party managed to land any knockout blows in California Tuesday as voters went to the polls there and in seven other states to pick candidates who will face off in the Nov. 6 midterm elections, when control of the U.S. House and Senate will be up for grabs.

The fate of President Trump’s legislative priorities will hang in the balance in November. Right now Republicans control both the House and Senate, but a swing of just 23 seats would give Democrats a House majority. The GOP holds a narrow majority of 51 seats in the Senate, with Democrats controlling 47 seats and independents who caucus with Democrats holding two seats.

California, home to the nation’s largest congressional delegation with 39 Democrats and 14 Republicans, has a so-called “jungle primary.” All candidates initially competed on a single ballot Tuesday. The two who come out on top go on to the general election, regardless of political party. This makes it possible for two Democrats or two Republicans to face each other in November.

It really saddens me that ATS has just turned into a political news aggregation site.... what does this have to do with conspiracies? Now people are posting articles like this is drudge or something.. stupid imo.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not sure what you are celebrating here as the thing Dems were worried about prior to this primary is that the slew of Democratic contenders would thin out the votes and allow Republicans to only be represented in the general election. That didn't happen, so Dems are happy. Though I'm not surprised here. You try to spin all news as somehow detrimental to liberals/democrats.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'm curious how many ATS'ers left California, for one reason or another, and are glad they did, or at least wouldn't return.

I'm one of them....

You can count me among them, I left CA and I will never go back. I didn't realize how much CA sucks until I moved out and entered a truly free state. 0% state income tax, I don't have to pay for the privilege to live in my current state, and more freedom, win win. 5/7 would move out of CA again...if it didn't require me moving back that is.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'm curious how many ATS'ers left California, for one reason or another, and are glad they did, or at least wouldn't return.

I'm one of them....

I'll raise my hand to that one. Now to keep California out of Nevada.

I too moved to NV from CA...and I've already seen all the CA transplants coming over and it won't be long before they start to change NV...I came here because I LIKE NV the way it is...I don't want to change it. If you are from CA and want to turn NV into the same place you're leaving, would you kindly just stay put, thank you.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Why do you leave one place because it's f# up, then repeat the exact same mistakes in the places you move to and f# them up too?

Don't lump us all in there that left. I left CA, moved to NV and I embrace NV I have no desire to change it. I will fight tooth and nail against any who seek to change NV into CA.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not sure what you are celebrating here as the thing Dems were worried about prior to this primary is that the slew of Democratic contenders would thin out the votes and allow Republicans to only be represented in the general election. That didn't happen, so Dems are happy. Though I'm not surprised here. You try to spin all news as somehow detrimental to liberals/democrats.

Yep, no lock out for the DEMs. XUENCHEN should stop watching Faux News.

A former Republican did come in second for Insurance Commissioner. He hates Trump.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired

originally posted by: NthOther

Don't lump us all in there that left. I left CA, moved to NV and I embrace NV I have no desire to change it. I will fight tooth and nail against any who seek to change NV into CA.

Hillary carried NV. NV is practically annexed by CA.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join