It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California breaks Democrats' hearts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: whyamIhere

In the name of Cali PC culture please change your avatar as a kind gesture for the recently departed.

It offends my sens-hilbillities and sound's borderline reeee reeee.

I know you're a good person deeeep inside.

I lived in Texas for 25 years and found my wife there.

I earned my man card fair and square,

They offered the wife way too much to turn down.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

flirting with 'refugee' status.

Refugee?
Has Cali seceded?
When did that happen

When they elected Arnie....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Cali loves open borders! What the heck is going on?

Trump has infected Californians minds, it is clear they must be purified by taxes and unmonitored spending and handouts.

There's been a migration exchange of voters between California and other states like Colorado and Texas due to the way California manages their pension fund system. It looks like the left-wing liberal Democrat voters are being displaced by Conservatives from those states.

I've read other forums where the residents of Colorado and Texas complain about the Californians bring their bleeding heart liberalism along with them and wanting higher taxes, and turning the places they moved to right into the same mess that they have moved from.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

All of the surrounding States, for that matter. Even the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska bitches about all the Californians arriving.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I was born and raised here in California.

This State has been stolen from the people.

Most people here are great people just trying to live their lives.

Politics here repulses most people.

So please refrain from your “I hope they fall in the ocean” or,

“California is all fruits and nuts”. It’s hurtful.

Not really, we don’t care what you think.

If most people there are good people, and they are repulsed by the current politics, take it back via the voting booth!

Or...lyrics in video, some profanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm curious how many ATS'ers left California, for one reason or another, and are glad they did, or at least wouldn't return.

I'm one of them....

I lived in The bay area when going to graduate school. Loved it. But had to get back to Texas to take care of business.

When I want to make the big bucks, it's off to Cali I go. I love LA, for short business trips and have considered Laguna for a condo. But the Land of Enchantment is home.

California politics, cost of living doesn't affect me but that traffic sucks.
edit on 6-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm curious how many ATS'ers left California, for one reason or another, and are glad they did, or at least wouldn't return.

I'm one of them....

I lived in The bay area when going to graduate school. Loved it. But had to get back to Texas to take care of business.

When I want to make the big bucks, it's off to Cali I go. I love LA, for short business trips and have considered Laguna for a condo. But the Land of Enchantment is home.

Good money does mitigate, doesn't it. How far back was that?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was just informed that Californians have to pay $60 every year to have their cars tested for noxious fumes. Is that true?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm one of them....

Good money does mitigate, doesn't it. How far back was that?

Yes it does. It's happening now actually. Union proud, Union Strong....
Sometimes above the line, sometimes below....

www.sagaftra.org...

and

www.iatse.net...

edit on 6-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Live in California. Not heart broken. Not worried in the slightest. Y'all really need to stop assuming.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I was just informed that Californians have to pay $60 every year to have their cars tested for noxious fumes. Is that true?

Unless, your poor or illegal. Then your exempt....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

many Californians are tired of high taxes and the traffic, the traffic is really really bad

The traffic is bad because they've been following the Republican principles of infinite population growth and development.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Move to florida, the beaches are better. No cold ocean filled with seawood and rocks. No state tax either.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I saw this coming 34 years ago when I and my fellow Vets were turned away from our high school jobs. Received an education, nice job, could not take the libs calling us names when draft number was 87! Each time I come home born and raised in Napa Ca I am glad I left! There is nothing left in my home country for me and now a man without a country!!!

I for one am what you are asking about.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IceHappy
a reply to: nwtrucker

I saw this coming 34 years ago when I and my fellow Vets were turned away from our high school jobs. Received an education, nice job, could not take the libs calling us names when draft number was 87! Each time I come home born and raised in Napa Ca I am glad I left! There is nothing left in my home country for me and now a man without a country!!!

I for one am what you are asking about.

They wonder why we're done with their crap. No more compromise,sir. What would it take to get you home?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I was born and raised here in California.

This State has been stolen from the people.

Most people here are great people just trying to live their lives.

Politics here repulses most people.

So please refrain from your “I hope they fall in the ocean” or,

“California is all fruits and nuts”. It’s hurtful.

Not really, we don’t care what you think.

If most people there are good people, and they are repulsed by the current politics, take it back via the voting booth!

Or...lyrics in video, some profanity.

Wish I could give you more than one star for that excellent Tool song there

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

MS-13 don't vote. Oops! Sorry California, how embarrassing!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm one of them....

I'm in CA and am in the process of moving across the country.

In a poll from this week, 46% of Bay Area residents want to leave.

Many are liberals of course. But even liberals know leftistism has ruined one of the more beautiful areas in the country. Taxes are insane. Housing prices are insane. Traffic is insane. Local politics are insane. State politics are insane. Homelessness and drug use in SF is insane.
edit on 6-6-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You mean it isn't a beautiful, carefree, and happy utopian paradise?? You mean it's giving Detroit a run for its money? You mean the once Golden American Dream is now just a pile of bronzed dog turds?

California is too close to my home for comfort. I would move up north if I had the money. That's my California Dream.

Edit: and I mean midwest north. Not those uber hippy zones.

edit on 6-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Trump has infected Californians minds, it is clear they must be purified by taxes and unmonitored spending and handouts.

There's been a migration exchange of voters between California and other states like Colorado and Texas due to the way California manages their pension fund system. It looks like the left-wing liberal Democrat voters are being displaced by Conservatives from those states.

I've read other forums where the residents of Colorado and Texas complain about the Californians bring their bleeding heart liberalism along with them and wanting higher taxes, and turning the places they moved to right into the same mess that they have moved from.

You can add Kentucky to that list of states with California migrants. They came because housing prices are sensible, taxes are about a third of what they were paying and our area has a lot of opportunities for water-related recreation. Then they began complaining about how early the farmers are out plowing their fields, or the fact that they couldn't prevent Billy Bob from moving a house trailer into his parents' yard next door to them....whine and cry and DEMAND that the county adopt county zoning and that every subdivision should have a homeowners' association to prevent "unlicensed" chickens or goats. They were simply appalled at the barbaric practice of spreading manure on pastures or gardens. Bless their hearts.

Then, we have a number of California migrants who weren't the least bit bothered by the sound of gunfire in the woods or the noises and smells associated with the production of food. They don't whine and cry about the "backwardness" of the place they've chosen as home. They're just tickled to be away from Commiefornia, as they call it. I've met quite a few of them at the gun range. Nice folks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join