It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Emerging From Information fka "God"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But that is and always will be our artificial creation and I know some say, like

But to me it will always be like Data trying to understand emotions.

"Can not compute"
You keep on using the argument from authority fallacy. Just because Max Planck says something, doesn’t mean it’s true.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

What I wanted to say with that Planck and Data picture post was in relation to the junk DNA thing::

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we found out the intelligence encoded in there already everything we need to know how the information intelligence organizes. Something like the force hidden in restrictions which could get triggered once the portals open up.

And I disagree with Planck, just as I never fully understand an ant f.e. because I'll always be looking at it from the outside, an artificial intelligence will never be fully able to understand anything natural.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Peeple because: Oops

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Then there's DARPA, bent on AGI, and is partnered with Google (who is also partnered with NASA, NSA, NSF, NIST, NIH) in those pursuits.

Good post.

My only quibble is that DARPA isn't bent on AGI. DARPA is simply bent on discovery and/or revolutionary new ways of doing things that may seem simple, but are in fact incredibly complex. AGI falls under that broad umbrella.

I'd say DARPA is one of the very few government agencies that actually does what it's supposed to do.

And they do it *far* better than most people will ever know.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It's either "there" = 1, or "not-there" = 0.

You may be on to something

= 0 + 0 + 0 + ...
= (1 - 1) + (1 - 1) + (1 - 1) + ...
= 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + ...
= 1 + (-1 + 1) + (-1 + 1) + (-1 + 1) + ...
= 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + ...
= 1

Lets discuss

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Information is not binary. Quantification is not information. Your fingers are not information, your abacus is not information.

In the beginning was the All. Everything is a subtraction from the All. Then there was the quantifier. Which approximated subtractions from the all. Black is the All, White is the subtraction. Radiance is not quantification. Reflection is quantification.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

You must have missed the part where I used the 1 as replacement character for almost endless possibilities? It was actually quite the huge part....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

What has the study of meta-physics given us in the last 10,000 yrs?

Peace. When you own up to your brothers creations of weapons of mass destruction, in a milieu of abrogation of ethics and moral responsibility you can rejoin civilization. History is full of scientists making bedfellow with despots both religious or agnostic.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Woodcarver

What has the study of meta-physics given us in the last 10,000 yrs?

Peace. When you own up to your brothers creations of weapons of mass destruction, in a milieu of abrogation of ethics and moral responsibility you can rejoin civilization. History is full of scientists making bedfellow with despots both religious or agnostic.
I have to own up for their creations? Right after you own up to every rape that your brothers have commited.

What peace are you talking about?

You can’t say that meta physics has brought us peace and also claim that we are in peril of nuclear war at the same time. I’m not even sure what

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join