It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The Calvine UFO Photo...Definitive Proof Removed By UK's Ministry of Defence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sry if this may be off-topic but I don't know if I trust Nick Pope - X-Ministry of Defense being allowed to talk about all this stuff with so much visibility.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Aside from the obvious TDAMH explanation on anything that corroborates the story- the idea that the only clear image of a UFO (with added Harrier for perspective) hung on some junior civil servants wall unchallenged is well beyond belief.

UK MoD Civil Servants are not operating from SCIF's- everyone in the building from the char lady to the printer guy must have seen this picture.

Weirdly - for a picture that could certainly be termed "memorable" if real - Pope seems to be the only ex MoD employee to remember it/ talk about it.

edit on 7-6-2018 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Well that area of Scotland has heavy traffic main route to the Highlands & places like Inverness so I will take a huge pinch of salt with that one, have seen the RAF on exercise and used to travel on that road twice a month over a period of a few years.
edit on 7-6-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Any chance of this case being one of final 3 cases the UK won't release their files on?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

The relevant files (according to the UK MoD) have been released as per details included in the opening post.

.....The MoD files that contain documents relating to this case have been released and are available at the National Archives, though MoD says that no trace has been found of the images, aside from one poor quality photocopy of a line drawing that was done as part of the original MoD investigation. The documents can be found in the following National Archives files: DEFE 24/1940/1 - page 114 DEFE 31/179/1 - pages 157-8 DEFE 31/180 - pages 55-57 DEFE 31/180/1 - pages 37-38....

If it was such a secret I doubt a junior desk officer (Nick Pope) at the MoD would be allowed to keep a picture of it on their wall/desk.

ETA : Here is a loose minute dated 4th Sept 1990 (taken from DEFE 24/1940/1) discussing alerting the Under Secretary of State (Armed Forces) that the Daily Record were going to run a story with the photos. However, despite 'no definite conclusions' being reached over what the large object in the photos was , the understated tone of the letter suggests that there really was little concern about it.

edit on 7/6/2018 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This is a new one to me. Thanks!

It’s ‘legit’ in that there were clearly photos taken and handed over to the gubmit...now they are ‘gone’? You can’t make this stuff up...OR can you?!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

No it's even odder than that.

Photos were taken and sent into a newspaper and the RAF...

A junior desk officer (Nick Pope) was allowed to display one of these photo on his office wall for an undetermined time until a superior removed it.

Someone in the MoD was tasked with making line drawings from the negatives.

The harrier aircraft in the photos could not be identified (assuming the 9pm 4th Aug 1990 timing was correct)

In July 1996, prompted by Nick Pope’s anecdotes, British MP Martin Redmond, asked questions on the Calvine photographs in Parliament.

It was decided that whole affair was of no defence significance and the case was closed.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

So the harrier couldn't be identified?

That's pretty interesting tbh, every time I've read about this case it leaves me scratching my head a bit. Eyebrow raising stuff.

Always wanted to see the original picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join