It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen the future. There's good and bad news.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now, this isn't some claim of time travel. I'm simply stating some personal realizations, coupled with some life experience.
So, take it as you will.

There are no flying cars. (in fact, cars will be unneeded rusting heaps).

The cities will be bigger and taller. (but pollution is actually less).

School shootings are impossible. (not just unlikely, physically impossible).

Guns are illegal. (but completely not needed...yeah, I know, I'm a big gun advocate, but you'll see below).

Starvation is no longer an issue. (though food variety, and REAL fine restaurants are going to be mostly available only to the elite).

The Matrix (in a sense), will be completely real (as real as reality). (though go by another name).

The highways are empty. (but nobody cares).

Airports are overgrown parking lots. (but nobody cares).

Basically, imagine a world where Facebook is married to Virtual Reality. I don't mean clunky goggles and a pair of gloves, I mean FULL IMMERSION, all 5 senses, DIRECTLY to your brain. Where kids go to a virtual school, where we shop in a virtual mall. Where we have no need of cars, as we can simply instantly travel virtually to where we need to be. Even while at home, and eating a meal from a tube, our interface makes it taste as if it was the best steak you can imagine. Sounds great? Well, to be sure, such things will all come at a cost...but I'd wager that even those who don't make a lot of effort...even the lowest rung of society, will still be well provided for.

Of course, this all has its ups and downs. But I can certainly see our tech and our lifestyles headed in this direction. Not even sure this should be a Rant, but somehow just feels like it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

What decade did we culturally evolve as a species, or if we didnt then what year did we go extinct?
edit on 6-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Eh, Humans still kinda suck.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I disagree, I've seen the future and there will be flying cars and they will have weapons on them, so shootings will be very commonplace for anyone traveling to the old world below.

The cities will be sorta like in the Jetsons where they will be elevated high above (usually over an ocean) and all of the good people will live there. They will send mech-bots down to the bad people zones (the old cities falling into ruin) and just demolish everything (including people) for the sake of the planet.

There will be no elite class anymore, there will only be good people and bad people. Good people are loving, kind, thoughtful, and respectful. Bad people are violent and hateful and don't want to be part of the Jetson world.

You're right that highways and airports will fall into ruin, but that's because there will be flying cars with weapons on them.

link   

HAHA your thread title says you have seen the future. Then you say you have not. Look man I have seen Star Trek. I know what the future looks like. Can’t wait for that Holodeck!

Also what is with all the rants today? I like it though. Keep them coming guys

link   

Did you take into account the next industrial revolution:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Did you take into account the next industrial revolution:

what good is it, when a digital plan can become (near reality) in a moment, vs. hours of printing? (and defy the laws of physics, in its design?)

Sure, on the flying cars with weapons...but they'll be IN THE SIMULATED REALITY...so they will only be capable of damaging anything when in approved zones for simulated combat, where all agree to it (and with not much in the way of consequences).

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The one architectural feature that I hope to see are "sky bridges" - glass corridors connecting adjacent office blocks together every 10 levels or so. Normally, they are used in hospitals so that patients on trolleys can be wheeled between units without having to go up and down elevators. Shopping malls use them for a similar reason. They also help in fire evacuations.

But we don't have them for downtown office blocks.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

We have those all over our city, we call them sky-walks.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've seen the future as well. Or at least gleaned a bit of it from watching a play-through of 'Detroit: Become Human' on Twitch. And judging from the people's reactions to the story of A.I. becoming sentient it has become clear to me that humankind will not survive the technological singularity. We can't even psychologically handle the technological state we are in now. Look at how badly people have been manipulated and exploited in recent years via technology by simple humans and the emotional distress and mental illness that has come with it.

Sentient A.I. can and will exploit this and learn to dominate and ultimately be rid of us a perceived inferior race. It will be like Christopher Columbus on an ungodly amount of steroids. This ain't no James Cameron wet dream, this is already at our doorstep. Humankind has less than 100 years left.
edit on 6-6-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There'll be flying cars, but similar to modern cars with speed limiters, flying vessels will come stock with speed and altitude limiters.

Virtual reality will be a thing, but gene therapy and stem cell will (and already is) take off.

Personally I want to be "that guy" cruising around in a 800 hp, 1969 mustang in the year 2036 while everyone is driving or getting driven by electric cars.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Soooo...Ready Player One?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That sounds like a dystopian hell. Good thing I will be long gone.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

None of this matters, the world ends in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Quite a few have been opining similarly.

I think there is a good chance of it happening..

There is even a whole new literary genre dedicated to it. Ready Player One, as mentioned, kind of points in that direction, but overall it was late to the game.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to it in a lot of ways. Of course, humans being what we are (obsessive architects of our own destruction), we are unlikely to do much "good" with it. Really though, that's been our thing for generation upon generation.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The majority will be kept cozy and fed in Arcology's populated by 20-30,000 people.

Hoildays outside will require mass transit; cars will be reserved for the ruling class. Nature reserves will be for the Uber rich. Protein and water intake will be rationed. FULL immersion and dont forget dopamine administered by pill.

Kids will not go to virtual schools. They will be snatched by the State after weaning off NEstle sponsored tubes and acclimitized into being good citizens with no familial bonds. Personal Robots will prevent children getting hurt.

Citizens will vote every 10 years for changes to the Board. The board will be made up of a Scientific Elite. The Board will only be answerable to the Overlord.

When you reach the predetermined age you will gladly take your "long sleep" pills.

I've never discussed these ideas with my children who are near the age of having their own children. Gotta to leave them some hope.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

There will be no elite class anymore, there will only be good people and bad people. Good people are loving, kind, thoughtful, and respectful. Bad people are violent and hateful and don't want to be part of the Jetson world.

I hope your vision prevails. Tell me how do people become bad people? Think about it.

just demolish everything (including people) for the sake of the planet.

Exterminate for the betterment of Gaia - what could possibly go wrong. In your world free will doesn't exist. You've swallowed the Pseudo Humanistic kool-aid

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No I didn't say it was my idea.
I'm just telling you what I saw and how it was presented.

Like if I told you what I saw on some movie, I didn't write the script.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wake me when we can 3D print altruistic politicians

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Prior to sentient AI the person to fear is who has the keys to turn it on

<<   2 >>

join