It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Backs Gowdy's Assessement on FBI's Use of Informant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Ryan said they are still digging and there are still some questions that need to be answered but his statements are yet another high level blow dealt to the failing Trump "Spygate" narrative.

Not failing at all, quite the opposite. The newly released info establishes that the FBI started spying on the Trump campaign in December of 2015, months earlier than anyone has publicly admitted to, and well predating any of the official reasons for beginning the surveillance (such as Pappadopolus' statement to the Australian diplomat). Paul Manafort wouldn't even be involved with Trump's campaign for another few months.

All of this suggests the surveillance began without any justification, and then retroactively assigned a reason.

I just assumed this sort of thing has been happening for at least fifty years of presidential elections- but until now it never came out. Tracks were covered better back in the clinton days, when you could just shoot people who didn't play along and have your friend rule it a suicide.

How much you want to bet they were conducting surveillance on Bernie Sanders, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio as well, looking for anything that could be used against them?

I suspect the only flaw in the Spygate argument is thinking the spying was solely directed at Trump.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Sen. Richard Burr, Chair of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, has also just weighed in and is also concurring with Gowdy:

Jeremy Herb Verified account @jeremyherb

Intel Chair Richard Burr also sides with Gowdy over Trump's "spygate" claims. "I think that Trey Gowdy’s description of the process was correct,” Burr said

12:07 PM - 6 Jun 2018

lmfao, Burr? Another Repub who defies Trump at every moment.

*Facepalm* You're terrible at this. You realize there are a number of repubs who denounce Trump as much as the Dems?

Recognize 😌

It's funny how fast people will turn on their own, when they don't say the things they want them to say.

Of course, all these people must be against Trump. That is the only logical solution, right?

It couldn't be that Trump was actually incorrect in his assertions. That could never happen. Trump is untouchable. Jesus-like, if you will.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

How much you want to bet they were conducting surveillance on Bernie Sanders, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio as well, looking for anything that could be used against them?

That would be a fool's bet.

I suspect the only flaw in the Spygate argument is thinking the spying was solely directed at Trump

Or a lack of real evidence. That could be the most important flaw, but ya. They were spying on everyone else as well, right?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Admitted to an informant .... does this mean there was no "SPY" ? Just asking ?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I just assumed this sort of thing has been happening for at least fifty years of presidential elections- but until now it never came out. Tracks were covered better back in the clinton days, when you could just shoot people who didn't play along and have your friend rule it a suicide.

Clinton? That's an odd choice all things considered.

Nixon of course is known to have used the IC as a political weapon, including CREEP paying ex-CIA spooks to break into the DNC HQ to steal whatever they could.

Reagan's 1980 campaign is alleged to have run an operation against the sitting President (Carter) which among other things, used ex-CIA agents to steal documents Carter was using to prepare for debates. Ironically enough, Halper is the one who was alleged to have run those ex-CIA agents.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have seen no evidence to the contrary of the initial assessment Chairman Gowdy has made.

remember the closed door meeting when they were briefed about the two spy's.

that is when shiftless was interviewed and he said the exact same thing.

i have seen no evidence

yet the meeting and briefing was completely verbal and they were shown nothing

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I suspect the only flaw in the Spygate argument is thinking the spying was solely directed at Trump.

Based on... ? Emotions?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Of course, all these people must be against Trump. That is the only logical solution, right?

keep that head buried in the sand mr ostrich......

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

All of this suggests the surveillance began without any justification, and then retroactively assigned a reason.

Except that Trump had been making business deals with the Russians for years and suspected of money laundering.
And it wasn't just the FBI that had Trump under surveillance....

That was the reason...

www.politico.com...

I'm confused which is it? We are told that the informant wasn't spying on Trump but was gathering information against the Russians. And now here your claiming Trump was under investigation, pick a scenario people either a campaign was spied on or they were not.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I have seen no evidence to the contrary of the initial assessment Chairman Gowdy has made.

remember the closed door meeting when they were briefed about the two spy's.

that is when shiftless was interviewed and he said the exact same thing.

i have seen no evidence

yet the meeting and briefing was completely verbal and they were shown nothing

Interesting. Then it's a fair question whether anyone in that meeting "saw" evidence of any kind.
edit on 6-6-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I thought the OIG report had only been shown to a few people. I must be completely wrong considering how many people in this thread are saying Paul and Gowdy are outright lying.
edit on 6/6/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

keep that head buried in the sand mr ostrich......

en.wikipedia.org...

So what do the facts show in this case? Are these people saying these things because they hate Trump, or is it because the evidence does not show what Trump claims?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You are smarter than this. At least I think you are.

Even if by some technicality this was legal this was done on the bases of trying to find dirt on Trump, and had nothing to do with Russian collusion. The corrupt white house politicized and weaponized the Intelligence community against their competition to ensure a globalist puppet would be elected president.

Not only did it fail it backfired and has driven more and more support to the Trump team.

The saddest part to me is seeing all the democrats who defend these people as if they actually represent any American ciizens. They are not democrats or republicans. They do not represent the people they represent a corporate oligarchy headed by a small group of donors.

It's fine to see you defend the democratic party and what it stands for. But it is difficult for me to see someone as intelligent as you appear to be so obtuse.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

yeah, guess who isnt up for re election?

Spying plain and simple, from what I heard of the "informant" via radio today, its sounding more like he was looking to entrap.

eta: Makes me wonder if Gowdy and Ryan ever flew to a certain "Island"

doh was that freudian? lolbmeant Ryam and Gowdy

Or since they aren't running they don't have to carry the narrative.

Didn't Ole Trump use to fly to that little island?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

More of the alligator mouth tadpole azz from you....when shown you are wrong deflect to another subject....
typical
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In just the last couple of days, phone records, et al. have claimed FBI agents went to England to make sure "Lures" were in place. Espionage is a very dirty business. Lures, or Dangles, in Caputo's language are incursions for one military establishment to try and compromise another military establishment. Honey Traps, extortions, briberies, blackmail, & you get the idea, hopefully. These kinds of campaigns are really expensive, so where in Hades did Obama, & Co. find the monies to do this big of an espionage campaign, in the runup to our last Presidential election??

But when in He((, does the FBI and DOJ, create an espionage campaign to take down the Republican Presidential Campaign, compromise it's actors, and then frame the newly elected President??? ATS has been good at seeing the trees, but not the forest, IMO.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Neither Ryan Nor Gowdy are running for re-election. Dont think this is a coincidence. Just swamp draining business as usual.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

another high level blow dealt to the failing Trump "Spygate" narrative.

How exactly?

Trump said the FBI put a spy in the camp to report information.
Gowdy and Ryan have both said they 'agree' with the spy being put there
So ergo, there was a spy - how is that a blow to ''spygate'' ?

If you still believe the FBI and DOJ were doing the right thing during the campaign and early days of Trump Administration in 2016 your more gullible than i initially believed

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

The Senate and House committees are STILL trying to see the unredacted documents. Rosenstein lied to Trump. He promised to show the House and Senate committees the documents. Instead, he gave them a briefing. No way he's going to brief them honestly. In that Thursday meeting/briefing, Ryan and Gowdy were snookered too.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

What is this newly released evidence please?
I'm late to the thread so heres hoping you have already answered this question somewhere ahead of where I'm reading right now.
edit on 672018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join