It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW is the lamest thing I've ever heard of

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

originally posted by: Mishmashum
a reply to: projectvxn

Pathetic self-emasculated men are just that.

Self-emasculated? No just straight up emasculated and robbed by women that should have never been made into wives.

Men are expendable. The laws are f*d.

In the US, divorce and custody laws tend to favor the woman. That is undeniable.

Respect. That is exactly the case and MGTOW is a direct product of that.

But if you made a horrible woman who in your own words, never should of been a wife in the first place, your wife. Whose fault is that?

MGTOW guys are fully willing to own up and say don't wife anyone. It's not worth it. The negatives are too high. Short term and some fun is fine though.

Most guys think after a year or seven they know their significant other. Younger guys don't realize women change more than men. Billy Joel has a great song called The Stranger. Everyone wears masks.

That is what most of these guys experience during the divorce. A person so radically different from the person they married that they don't even recognize the person.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

UK courts tend to favour mothers over fathers as well, that is a fact.
Crying and whining on the internet and 'going their own way' ain't gonna change that though.
Those guys need to get out more, actually meet women and enjoy their company instead of expecting the world to owe them a favour.
If MGTOW is a thing then my female mates are FGTOW doing exactly the same as me, enjoying intimacy and companionship just without the commitment.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mishmashum

Yes, I am aware that an 18 year old private will marry a dependapotamus, buy a Dodge Charger at 25% interest, and knock the land-whale up despite EVERY SINGLE WARNING GIVEN BY NCOs AND CoC.

Lead a horse to water and what not.

If that doesn't give you pause, well, maybe one day when you're eviscerated by your wife you'll have an awakening and change your tune

My wife is a fantastic human being with whom we produced 2 fantastic children. We celebrate 14 years together tomorrow.

Don't project your bitterness onto me.

or as a weapon expert, maybe you'll do what so many military guys do - put a bullet in your head.

There it is.. The incel/MGTOW mentality I keep talking about. Didn't take but one post for you to prove me right.

Self-emasculated? No just straight up emasculated and robbed by women that should have never been made into wives.

We all make choices don't we. One of the most pathetic aspects of incels is the victim olympics you engage in. It's pathetic.

Men are expendable.

Emotionally weak men who don't know how to cope with a damned thing in any way other than to lash out against women (or in your case, insinuate that a soldier should commit suicide) are expendable.

Stop sucking at life and you won't have these problems.

edit on 7 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

or as a weapon expert, maybe you'll do what so many military guys do - put a bullet in your head.

originally posted by: projectvxn
There it is.. The incel/MGTOW mentality I keep talking about. Didn't take but one post for you to prove me right.

So you are saying the rate of military suicides doesn't correspond to divorce and infidelity?

Are you for real?

Send that to all your military buddies and see what kind of response you get.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So you are saying

Read my words. That's what I am saying.

So if there's nothing else, I'd rather not entertain an incel today.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I agree it is fine if they do not want to have a relationship with girls (I suspect they do not have the social skills to keep a girl) but to moan and cry about them....pfft.
Jessie's.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My wife is a fantastic human being with whom we produced 2 fantastic children. We celebrate 14 years together tomorrow.
My ex wife is my most trusted and loved friend. We raised a successful and stable 20 something son as a team, even though we couldn't cut it as husband and wife. Truly my best friend and a fantastic fellow parent.
I'm friends with all my ex's, hook up for meals or a pint often.
I think a lot of these MGTOW guys need to start asking some questions about themselves.

EDIT
...and congratulations

edit on 7-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So you are saying

Read my words. That's what I am saying.

So if there's nothing else, I'd rather not entertain an incel today.

For Christ's sake man, combat isn't the only thing f#ing up soldiers' heads. The military marriage culture is s#, my husband fell victim to the Base Whore epidemic with his ex-wife. He may not have had his world fall apart over it, but he completely understands how its the final straw for umpteen numbers.

If you can't see how that can sour the milk for someone permanently, then you're just as dense as you claim they are.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Emotionally weak men who don't know how to cope with a damned thing in any way other than to lash out against women (or in your case, insinuate that a soldier should commit suicide) are expendable.

Ironic. Rather than having an emotional outburst maybe if you watched the video you would see I was saying divorce and infidelity in the military is what CAUSES military suicides.

here is a link to the exact part

Not that you SHOULD.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, I am aware that an 18 year old private will marry a dependapotamus, buy a Dodge Charger at 25% interest, and knock the land-whale up despite EVERY SINGLE WARNING GIVEN BY NCOs AND CoC.

So true...I didn't listen. At least I still have the Charger!!

but after the divorce, I still put her thru med school and the benefits of that are fantastic. Still friends and lovers with all my X's but sometimes it gets complicated. Blessed to have had the good sense to get a Vasectomy at 20yrs of age!!!

at the bar.....

her....no you didn't

Me....yes, I did!! Wanna see the scar?
edit on 7-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I was saying divorce and infidelity in the military is what CAUSES military suicides.
Just for the record, do you blame that on women as well?
edit on 7-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix quote tag

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Haha same, just not the med-school bit

I reckon a lot of those MGTOW whiners have only their own selves to blame. Gotta ask yourself some questions if no women like you, or rip you off etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ironic. Rather than having an emotional outburst maybe if you watched the video you would see I was saying divorce and infidelity in the military is what CAUSES military suicides.

Not that you SHOULD.

Since divorce rate in the US military isn't any higher than civilian rate then that seems unlikely.

PTSD and other stress factors maybe possibly a better explanation?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Not that you SHOULD.

Since divorce rate in the US military isn't any higher than civilian rate then that seems unlikely.

No doubt PTSD and stress contributes, but as I commented it's a combination of infidelity and divorce rates. Here is a somewhat recent article as of Feb 2018 about the fields with the highest divorce rates in the United States. Across all fields, military workers of all ranks were most likely to be divorced by age 30, at a rate of 15%. Deployment divorce rates make the number go up markedly. Age could be another factor. Where are you pulling your stats?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Not that you SHOULD.

No doubt PTSD and stress contributes, but as I commented it's a combination of infidelity and divorce rates. Here is a somewhat recent article as of Feb 2018 about the fields with the highest divorce rates in the United States. Across all fields, military workers of all ranks were most likely to be divorced by age 30, at a rate of 15%. Deployment divorce rates make the number go up markedly. Age could be another factor. Where are you pulling your stats?

That article (or rather the one it links to) are talking about a specific subsection. Overall there seems to a lot of mixed evidence but nothing conclusive to say rates are higher.

Here is one saying that rates are lower in service but higher after leaving.

paa2008.princeton.edu...

Probably going slightly off topic now but point being that attempting to blame suicide rate of veterans on divorce is quite a leap.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

It's the rant forum mate, off-topic is cool, it's on-topic gender relations debate, and I'm enjoying reading the links all sides are posting. Interesting reading.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So true...I didn't listen. At least I still have the Charger!!

but after the divorce, I still put her thru med school and the benefits of that are fantastic. Still friends and lovers with all my X's but sometimes it gets complicated. Blessed to have had the good sense to get a Vasectomy at 20yrs of age!!!

at the bar.....

her....no you didn't

Me....yes, I did!! Wanna see the scar?

That's how it's done.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Just seen your edit, did the vasectomy hurt? I've had mates with different experiences, been tempted myself because I don't want another child now. Actually split with a girl in one sad conversation when I said I didn't want any more. We are deep friends now, she had her kids with another man but we never fell out of love, it was just a fact, and me pretending I wanted a child would have been completely wrong.
If she ever splits with her man I'd probably be there in a heartbeat lol

edit on 7-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo and clarity

EDIT
Any blokes reading this feel free to share your vasectomy experiences, like I say I'm tempted, but you know.
It's kind of on-topic in a male-female-creating children or avoiding it sort of way.

edit on 7-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Just seen your edit, did the vasectomy hurt? I've had mates with different experiences, been tempted myself because I don't want another child now. Actully split with a girl in one conversation when I said I didn't want any more. We are deep friends now, she had her kids with another man but we never fell out of love, it was just a fact, and me pretending I wanted a child would have been completely wrong.
If she ever splits with her man I'd probably be there in a heartbeat lol

That sounds so familiar. My first wanted kids and she had 2 boys with another guy after we divorced. I love her kids as if they were mine. Back when I got my vasectomy, the doc's were very free with the Demerol. No pain...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Are these MGTOW people the same lot as those Incel people?

I learnt about that movement the other month, funny #...

Apparently so, real bitter men whining about women, it's been an eye opener reading some of their hate online.

Lol
From what I can gather there is a difference between the Incel odd balls and MGTOW fellas.
I can sort of understand where they're coming from.
There was a time when I was in a similar mind set after a long term relationship ended. I generally dislike people regardless of their sex, age, race, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs ect. I just couldn't be bothered with people, let alone another relationship of any kind.
Seems I have less self control and restraint than most though.
At a house party a girl asked me where the toilet was, was quite a big house so it was easier to just take her there rather than give her directions.
Outside the toilet I sort of semi- jokingly demanded that she let me watch while she had a pee. It was funny, she found it funny and it was even funnier cos she was absolutely busting to take a wee.
She didn't let me watch her take a wee, but 3 hours later I was back at her place splitting a condom inside her.

Fun times...
So yeah I can sort of understand it...

Now, can anyone help me decide if the sex was sex I wanted but didn't get, or sex I got but didn't want?
edit on 7 6 1818 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join