It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So here I am... (Pregnant wife is driving me nuts)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don't worry, later you'll have "Baby driving wife & me nuts"... been there done that.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Please....please tell her this message from a mother:

Once she has that baby, she is NOT going to want to have to be thinking about moving. Or doing ANYTHING other than getting through each day. A baby throws tour world into such upside-down bizarro world for a while. She is NOT going to want to deal with that other stuff. Tell her to do this favor for her 1 month post-partum self and tell the renters to move out now. Please! Do it for her self that is here after the baby is born. Just trust me on this.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I will pass on the message, we managed to get some good news from the renter.

He is looking at having his family out in early September, so we will just have to find some literal temp housing, hopefully on base.

The military can put our stuff in storage and as long as we are in before she is out, they will have to move it from storage to the house for us.

But I understand your point, and will do my best to convey your concerns.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If your name is on the lease, you can write and sign that 60 day letter yourself... just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My advice would be let your wife make the bad decisions and just run with it, if you make the decision against her will it will be brought up in every fight you ever have for ever and ever.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I will pass on the message, we managed to get some good news from the renter.

He is looking at having his family out in early September, so we will just have to find some literal temp housing, hopefully on base.

The military can put our stuff in storage and as long as we are in before she is out, they will have to move it from storage to the house for us.

But I understand your point, and will do my best to convey your concerns.

When is your wife due?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
My advice would be let your wife make the bad decisions and just run with it, if you make the decision against her will it will be brought up in every fight you ever have for ever and ever.

After she has a newborn though, she will never complain about NOT having to move. I guarantee that when their baby is three weeks old and mommy hasn't slept for more than about 40 minutes at a time since baby came out, that his wife will NOT say "Damn you! I wish you'd have let us do it my way so that we would have to be looking for a place to live and then move right now. Boy do I feel like packing and moving with my newborn!" Nope

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So here I am, packing and cleaning our house in Germany still searching for work, as the wife gets ready to lose her job and with a baby on the way.

1 bright spot to me was well we already have a house, our renters agreed to a 60 day notice to move out, so we get back no muss no fuss right..

No of course not that's not how life works, the wife has decided she doesn't want to inconvenience then renters because they are looking for a place knowing our time is coming up for a return.

So she has decreed that we will find a place to rent for 6 months while they are house searching... has not even had a sit down conversation with them yet, and seems to have decided she doesnt want to try room mates while they search.

So we may get locked into a fricking 6 month lease on top of paying for our house, with no guarenteed income...I love her to death but by god there are days.

We couldnt just invoke the here is your 60 day notice, nope of course not that would be to easy.

We have the money to do what she wants, but considering how job hunting is rarely the simplest thing to do I hate spending money when we we dont have a guarentee on more income coming in.

I know part of it is the pregnancy and part of it is who she is,always willing to give the shirt off her back to help others... but god bless it we need to lookout for ourselves with a kid on the way.

I so badly want a drink right now...

Take it for what all it is, she is and you both have..and that you DONT have yet. God bless and congratulations!

Hormones, stress, worries, frustrations, complications. All normal and all will resolve in time. Plan, persevere, have faith.

All will pass in time! God bless!

M. S.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What you're saying is correct I agree with you, in my experience however pregnant women are not sane, even if their partner is right or matters not, sometimes it's better to just bite your lip and deal with the fallout later.

I'm looking at it from the blokes perspective, that 6 months of hell will only be 6 months, not the rest of his life...
edit on 6-6-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What you're saying is correct I agree with you, in my experience however pregnant women are not sane, even if their partner is right or matters not, sometimes it's better to just bite your lip and deal with the fallout later.

I'm looking at it from the blokes perspective, that 6 months of hell will only be 6 months, not the rest of his life...

I've been a pregnant woman and you are correct, they are not sane. But she's only going to be a pregnant woman for a few more months. She's going to be the mommy of a newborn for a good 8 months to a year, so I would go with making THAT lady as comfortable as possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes very important, it's a fine line to tread I guess. This is the conundrum for the OP at this point this pregnant lady feels she will be more comfortable renting for 6 months .

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Try carrying a baby.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Try carrying a baby.

Right?! And then nursing. If his wife is planning on nursing, she will definitely not want to be packing and moving.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

3rd week of September give or take a few days.

Also yep planning on nursing.

Lastly I am irate at the USAF for forcing her to return to the US 7 weeks before she is due to deliver, so much for looking out for their people, to save a few pennies they are going to make a pregnant woman go through the stress of an international move.

(post by BrianFlanders removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join