It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So here I am... (Pregnant wife is driving me nuts)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So here I am, packing and cleaning our house in Germany still searching for work, as the wife gets ready to lose her job and with a baby on the way.

1 bright spot to me was well we already have a house, our renters agreed to a 60 day notice to move out, so we get back no muss no fuss right..

No of course not that's not how life works, the wife has decided she doesn't want to inconvenience then renters because they are looking for a place knowing our time is coming up for a return.

So she has decreed that we will find a place to rent for 6 months while they are house searching... has not even had a sit down conversation with them yet, and seems to have decided she doesnt want to try room mates while they search.

So we may get locked into a fricking 6 month lease on top of paying for our house, with no guarenteed income...I love her to death but by god there are days.

We couldnt just invoke the here is your 60 day notice, nope of course not that would be to easy.

We have the money to do what she wants, but considering how job hunting is rarely the simplest thing to do I hate spending money when we we dont have a guarentee on more income coming in.

I know part of it is the pregnancy and part of it is who she is,always willing to give the shirt off her back to help others... but god bless it we need to lookout for ourselves with a kid on the way.

I so badly want a drink right now...

edit on 6-6-2018 by Irishhaf because: sentence structure is hard

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Your wife sounds like a wonderful person, a lucky kid with a Mother like her.

I once was in a house for years and was suddenly told the owner wanted back in and left us 3 months to find a place, it was beyond stressful the difficulty of moving so suddenly. You said you could afford to do the 6 months it would be a kindness.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I feel your pain of Job Hunting.I've spent most of today applying for anything and everything.
Having saud that, Life has a way of evenining out even if the intervening period is stressful.
Sending best wishes to you both.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

the wife

driving me nuts

Get used to it.
And as a special treat, about the time the wife mellows out...you'll have a teenager.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Here in Denmark we have a year of "barsel" we can split as we want between the mom and dad.. and the workplace must pay.
And its illegal to fire a woman because of pregnancy.
edit on 6-6-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 6-6-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Off Topic.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
EX-husband and I Rented a home with a 5 year lease, as the owners wanted to sell (we divorced 3 years into lease)......a terminal illness diagnosis to the Man of the House during the 4th year of the 5 year lease, and even 6 years after the lease was up, (11 years later), he is still living there as the landlords would not ask him to find other rent due to his illness (Sarcoidosis...attacking his lungs) Some people? Really WILL alter themselves, their lifestyle, their needs......IF it means really helping another individual...Your wife has a beautiful soul, and yes, LOL...it can be a bit frustrating for you sometimes, I am sure LOL!!.....but let her do it, it is her own conscious she lives with that you cannot see...it is wonderful of you to leave room enough for her "soft" heart....She? Will be a beautiful Mother, and teach your own children compassion as well

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hopefully you have a "man cave" wherever you wind up living. That's something to look forward to.

Make sure that it has a sturdy lock and a pervasive odor that she finds repugnant. At least that will give you some peace.

Good luck!

-dex

edit on 6/6/2018 by DexterRiley because: formatting

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This was a good one,you have given the op a shocking reality
of his future!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's good to keep rental income whilst you look for work. Your bride is wise.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Hopefully you have a "man cave" wherever you wind up living. That's something to look forward to.

Make sure that it has a sturdy lock and a pervasive odor that she finds repugnant. At least that will give you some peace.

Good luck!

-dex

A man cave is a must have. Hell I own my own home with 4 bedrooms and am single and still have a man cave!
On topic though, everything will work out man. Stress can be a killer so try to find the happiness in the bad. It is there you just have to find it. Something very good can come from all of this. You got this dude

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Like you I don't like to spend money not knowing where it will come from or how much.

Like your wife, I've had an experience being a crazy pregnant lady.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as rude because I just want to look for ways to solve your issue but, if you have a newer desktop or laptop, she could look into a work from home job, it would probably not pay a whole lot but it would be better than nothing. They are usually customer service jobs, a company I worked for while I was pregnant hired in several countries, surely someone would in Germany.

I know it would be a little hectic with having a newborn, but if shes feeling well enough after, it's a total possibility.

Best wishes for you, stay calm and you'll all survive her hormones spazzing and then leveling out.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
you folks are killing the OP. He's looking to vent and everyone here keeps telling him how wonderful his wife is. Damnit! Help a brother out!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Duct tape shouldnt hurt the baby.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You selfish person! Wanting a drink while your wife is going through the hormonal changes pregnancy brings. Ha, ha.
Keep cool and keep a sane head on cos you, yes you will be responsible if she ever gets the "urges" and you HAVE TO fulfil the demands. My wife wanted ice cream at 2 in the morning. Easy heh, ice cream in the fridge ready.
BBBUUUTTT, not vanilla flavour (got 3 boxes) no, no she wanted hazelnut flavour. I had to drive 20 miles there and 20 miles back in the early hours.
Pray, to whatever god you pray too that she doesn't get "the urges". My daughter liked licking coal, don't ask.
Best of luck finding a job btw.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Congrats on the baby ! It's not easy being the expectant Daddy ! The only insight I can offer is that perhaps this could be a blessing in disguise ? If you guys can rent something less expensive then your rental income house, it does provide some income while you job search. Maybe a one bdrm apartment, the baby will sleep in your room the 1st 6 mns. anyways. Hopefully the place you rent will be fresh and clean and easy to move into, no yard work, no house maintenance while you guys get in the groove of parenthood.

Even with good renter's, there's usually a fair amount of work involved to turn a house over again, lol, and most new Mommy's want things perfect when baby comes home.
I know I was insane, lol, I think I actually willed our baby not to be born until I finished her nursery !

As other's have said, a tender heart is a good quality, your baby will have a good Mommy and Daddy
Good Luck !

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Looking back I realized I may be coming off as a bit of a cad, I love her dearly she makes me a better human being and I wouldn't change her at all. (even if I have days where Ralph Kramden's voice is echoing in my head)

Also yep there is some work to be done on the house, we transferred the money to our tenant that found a problem, he wants to get it fixed before turning the house back over to us. (New Airmen are so cute in their earnestness)

I keep telling her when she flys back into the city (we are still in germany for the moment) sit down with the renter see where they are at with finding their home before we lock into a lease anywhere. (plus with 2 large dogs and 2 cats our rental options are few anyways)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think its time for you to go your own way. Just go see one of the multiple threads on it here.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Sit your wife down, tell her you would rather put energy into helping your tenants find somewhere else and get what YOU want but keep your tenants happy at the same time.

Happy wife, happy tenants, happy you, happy baby.

Win win win win situation.

Still worth a drink though.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So here I am... (Pregnant wife is driving me nuts)

That is all , carry on....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join