It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey is in trouble...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

"Loose lips sink ships."

The phrase never mentions who's. ... ....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

That noose is tightening. Just a little longer. If Comey won't go down, someone will.
edit on 6-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
abcnews.go.com...

Is this the beginning of the end?

Using words like insubordinate, this leak seems to show just how bad the OIG report will be. It also mentions Lynch and her handling of the Clinton Email "Matter".

Do you actually think charges could be filed?

This is just breaking....stay tuned.

Charges for what?

It appears Comey decided not to listen to the Obama DoJ and made it known the Clinton email probe was reopened, but what crime would that be considered?

As many have stated, his actions may have been a detriment to Clinton, not to mention it seems he went above the heads of the Obama DoJ. Shouldn't he be considered a hero now?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not a sudden lack of leaks. Horowitz's ship has been tight all along.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Detriment? Sure. A small amount from the reports I've seen.

However she was still cleared before the election.

I'm not convinced the tactic was as cut and dry as your place it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Detriment? Sure. A small amount from the reports I've seen.

However she was still cleared before the election.

I'm not convinced the tactic was as cut and dry as your place it.

I'm not saying it is cut and dry. What I am saying is that if this were someone else in this position, and not Comey, he may be considered a hero patriot that did the right thing for the best interests of the country.

He made it known the email issue was back on the table at a crucial moment in the election and went above the heads of the Obama DoJ.

Shouldn't he be considered a right wight darling by now?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Since his July '16 statements on Capitol Hill, he never stood a chance. IMO.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But Congress and the rest of government has not.

The document has been out for 2 weeks being reviewed. I'd have expected something to leak out.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The document has been out for 2 weeks being reviewed. I'd have expected something to leak out.

Only if there is something of political advantage. That implies....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

There is political advantage for one side or the other though. GLoating is one of their new favorite sports.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

What's the worst that could happen, Republicans win every election from local to federal. Oh wait, that already happened.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Since his July '16 statements on Capitol Hill, he never stood a chance. IMO.

That is true.

The truth and facts of the matter has never been important to many. What mattered was the end results.

People wanted Clinton in deep trouble. When Comey did not give that to them, they quickly turned on him, even though it seems he was at odds with the Obama DoJ.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

There is political advantage for one side or the other though. GLoating is one of their new favorite sports.

The syllogism is simple: If it were damaging to Comey, the Republicans would leak it. If it exonerated Comey, the Democrats would not undermine the investigation's result by politicizing them in advance.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I do not believe that is true. There is no advantage for the Democrats at this point. They are on the defensive and every nefarious actor/action has become their responsibility to bear.

That is what happens when you have one side of the equation that has one leg deeper in a pile of conspiratorial crap, rather than knee deep in reality.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That implies that the people issued the draft report are adhering to their NDAs regarding the contents of said report.

Those invited to review the report were told they would have to sign nondisclosure agreements in order to read it, people familiar with the matter said.

Report on DOJ’s Handling of Clinton Email Probe Nears Release - WSJ
edit on 6-6-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: Dang it, I keep doing that

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The syllogism is simple: If it were damaging to Comey, the Republicans would leak it. If it exonerated Comey, the Democrats would not undermine the investigation's result by politicizing them in advance.

Im sorry man...that is the dumbest thing I have read in months.

So you are saying that being a Democrat is, itself, a virtue? And by virtue of being a democrat, they'd never leak info?

The most ridiculous attempt at No Real Scotsman I have ever seen. You need to chat with Schumer about this, I think.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It was being reviewed by the people named in the portion of the report being released and their attorneys. The only people who can see it are those still employed by the relevant departments. So that release is still pretty limited, and if you're an attorney, do you counsel your client to leak or stay silent about things that may or may not have a legal impact on your client?

Final review is still pretty limited, not a wide release to a bunch of folks.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexanc

So you are saying that being a Democrat is, itself, a virtue? And by virtue of being a democrat, they'd never leak info?

Whereas you are resorting to a classic straw man fallacy. I did not say the Democrats are virtuous, I said both parties would act in their own best interests. Democrats leak information damaging to Republicans, Republicans leak information damaging to Democrats. The Trump Party is trying to discredit any investigator, government body, or journalist with information damaging to Trump. When the IG report comes out, Trump will attack Rosenstein, accusing him of being a political hack. The Dems don't want to hand him ammunition by partisan leaking. Their best defense is to play their hand in a way that makes them look like they are playing by the rules; this is why they did not leak the House findings until Nunes leaked first. Same tactic here.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

That implies that the people issued the draft report are adhering to their NDAs regarding the contents of said report.

Those invited to review the report were told they would have to sign nondisclosure agreements in order to read it, people familiar with the matter said.

Report on DOJ’s Handling of Clinton Email Probe Nears Release - WSJ

Exactly! They are being extra careful to appear objective and apolitical. If Trump attacks them because he does not like the results, it will weigh against him.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

To me, im most shocked that this draft report has been sitting around for 2 weeks, and nary a peep until now (and that peep is a teensy, tiny peep). Yesterday we had quite a few folks testify to Congress about topics that are related here...again, nary a peep.

Its very unusual that our government isn't more leaky than now.

It's only leaky when it plays to the globalist's agenda. You must have noticed that all the Dem/liberal crimes get nary a whisper on the MSM.

Cheers - Dave

<< 1    3 >>

join