It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey is in trouble...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Is this the beginning of the end?

Using words like insubordinate, this leak seems to show just how bad the OIG report will be. It also mentions Lynch and her handling of the Clinton Email "Matter".

Do you actually think charges could be filed?

This is just breaking....stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A crack is forming ....... soon the facade will fall down and all will be in the open...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Tick...

Tock...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This comment here is interchangeable.

abovetopsecret

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

They only need a few mid level people to bring the entire house of cards down. With comey in the crosshairs along with McCabe, we should see quite a mess coming. The only real problem is the foot soldiers of the delusion left. How will they react when it's proven that all their idols are criminals and their ideologies pure manipulations. Stupid people do stupid things, but stupid people who recognize they're stupid go off the rails.

Cheers - Dave

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

if the msm is having to actually cover what has been going on, then yes
it will be the end for lots of people.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It definitely looks like they are trying to pin it on Comey. The finger pointing should be interesting from now forward if he has some hidden bombshell saved as his life line. It looks like CYA mode is being engaged .

From my other post :

If you really look at the article it actually makes Comey look like the good little guy trying to stop the corruption from the top by going against the grain and lynch.

Before Comey sent the letter to Congress, at least one senior Justice Department official told the FBI that publicizing the bombshell move so close to an election would violate longstanding department policy, and it would ignore federal guidelines prohibiting the disclosure of information related to an ongoing investigation, ABC News was told.

"It is not the function of the Director to make such an announcement," Rosenstein said in a letter to Trump recommending Comey be fired. "At most, the Director should have said the FBI had completed its investigation and presented its findings to federal prosecutors."

Horowitz's draft report cited Comey for failing to consult with Lynch and other senior Justice Department officials before making his announcement on national TV. While saying there was no "clear evidence" that Clinton "intended to violate" the law, Comey insisted the former secretary of state was "extremely careless" in her "handling of very sensitive, highly classified information."

Comey has defended his decisions as director, insisting he was trying to protect the FBI from even further criticism and "didn't see that I had a choice."

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought he was a "Boy Scout", like a Paladin glistening in the sun, unblemished with a tie the perfect length?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

if the msm is having to actually cover what has been going on, then yes
it will be the end for lots of people.

It's almost funny to me- but with the way so many vocal (loud?) people hate trump, they still seem to hang on his every word. anything he says, or any rumor about him seems to get spread so far and wide so quickly... who needs the MSM to bring light to a topic anymore? One tweet and he'd have every social media network on fire with talks of how horrible it is that we're weeding out corruption of the highest levels of government... but at least they'd be talking about it.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so scary.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Did someone say Lynch? Sounds appropriate tbh.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The beginning of the end of what? Comey can't be fired twice. It sounds like the IG is going to be critical of Comey's statements about the Clinton investigation which I think everyone would expect given what a #show that was.

The possible "insubordination" appears from the article to refer to his decision to make the statement about the reopening of the email investigation just before the election though both that and the earlier statement violated DOJ guidelines and longstanding FBI policy. Rosenstein's memo rebuked him for the same.

It doesn't sound like anything that would have criminal repercussions. It could also be telling that this is what is leaking out from the draft report as opposed to something unexpected.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It is... for the Inspector General. If the best he can come up with is that Comey exercised bad judgement announcing that the Clinton investigation had been re-opened, it is no wonder he is stalling issuing the results. Trump is going to fire him for "insubordination.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To me, im most shocked that this draft report has been sitting around for 2 weeks, and nary a peep until now (and that peep is a teensy, tiny peep). Yesterday we had quite a few folks testify to Congress about topics that are related here...again, nary a peep.

Its very unusual that our government isn't more leaky than now.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And this all because swamp people like Comey, didn’t like the results of the democratic process.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I believe.....my belief..... the delays are because so much is tied together it is a literal pandora's box. As for the lack of leaks .... that is a good thing imo

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Bargaining for immunity sure doesn't put the best of light on the FBI.

I'm not well versed enough in the laws to claim one way or another but they certainly would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is... for the Inspector General. If the best he can come up with is that Comey exercised bad judgement announcing that the Clinton investigation had been re-opened, it is no wonder he is stalling issuing the results. Trump is going to fire him for "insubordination.
Oh? Sounds like you're about to get rocked. Defaulting to the IG being fired by Trump is a common leftist tactic.

Love when you people are so wrong 😏

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Here's the deal: you'd like to think a lack of leaks is a good thing.

But when leaks are the standard, and they stop, without knowing why I cannot say. I'd like to think its a good thing...but why couldn't it have been a good thing daily since Trump was elected, instead of now and all of a sudden? In other words...why?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MetalThunder

Here's the deal: you'd like to think a lack of leaks is a good thing.

But when leaks are the standard, and they stop, without knowing why I cannot say. I'd like to think its a good thing...but why couldn't it have been a good thing daily since Trump was elected, instead of now and all of a sudden? In other words...why?
Because tRump.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The sad truth here is that it doesn't matter- even if people start claiming immunity and spilling the beans, the reality is that the people of true power are so deep into this mess the only way out is to cover up their actions- even if that means executing people who open their mouths.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join