It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you go on this ATS members!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just tune out the ads, so no problem for me.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Egoismyname

At one time I would have gladly paid for the early ATS...but NOW... Not a chance!!

Likewise. I won't pay a member fee unless forums are moderated properly; Totally free of bias. That includes policing pointless off-topic personal insults and restraining themselves from abusing it simply because they don't agree with the topic or beliefs of the individual.

ATS used to welcome people regardless of their background or knowledge on topics so long as they were willing to keep an open mind and keep their egos in check.

Sadly, these forum have turn into a flame fest that usually ends in pointless bickering and totally redundant attacks on members logic and beliefs.

I'd rather buy a bottle and drink with friends that can hold a conversation.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
TPB is running an experiment that in lieu of advertising, you give up a chunk of your processor while on the site for bitmining. And now the site will have no ads, but pay server/maintenance costs.

I am not sure how I feel about that, but it could be an advertising, or mining take-your-pick situation.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: addde2

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added3

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

There is a crypto called BAT (Basic Attention Token)

its designed by the guy who created firefox and java script.

They aim to take out the middle man of advertising.

You download their browser, which is amazing by the way, and can tip your favorite websites in BAT you acquire for paying attention to ads. This incentivizes advertisers to make better ads (so people dont skip them), and viewers to watch them because they get paid.

You can choose what sites you want to donate to automatically each month.

It seems like an awesome project if it can work. They've already partnered with the DOW jones basicattentiontoken.org...

Wouldn't we need to tailor the ATS content so that it would be attractive to the BAT investor demographic?
We have lots of interest in products like bitcoin but we hardly ever hear much about ETF's like SDOW.
Who would have money at the end of the week to tip?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whats wrong with the present system? And lets be honest, for members the ad experience is unobtrusive to say the least

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Whats wrong with the present system? And lets be honest, for members the ad experience is unobtrusive to say the least

I agree entirely that it is very unobtrusive.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

We've been here before.

S.O. and Springer have said this will NEVER be a pay for service.
Although adblockers are NOT allowed, I think there may be a function that reduces ads for long time posters who contribute well.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Couldn't afford to pay a monthly sub, so I'd just leave. The ads don't bother me in the least anyway.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I might be wrong here.. but I think the idea was NOT to make this a sub site.

Rather, for most, the experience wouldn't change at all. However, the option to remove ads would be offered for a subscription fee.

I don't think its a bad idea at all, actually.

I'd also love to get the ability to customize our Recent feed back..

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2018 by Serdgiam because: Gotta love it...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I don't understand how advertisers even make money from the add's most people block them and the rest never click on them ..

And it's against ATS Ts and Cs to use ad-blocker.

We also have a member $$$ donation program still I believe in various amounts.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Charge a penny for each political post. Funding problem solved. You're welcome.

Well as long as trump is running the economy I can afford that

Now if the Dems win...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Even if they don't block them, they avidly avoid then and never say "Hey, did you see that whole page advert that popped up as I was replying? Man, what a good advert. Glad I had the opportunity to see it."

I would think it is a very very small percentage of any population that actually base their purchasing decisions on these things. But hey, don't steal the pennies from starving web admins.

Bit like you coming into my store and me running up behind you and yelling "HEY YOU, BUY THIS. I SAW YOU LOOKING AT AN ALTERNATIVE. BUY THIS AND THIS." and if you refuse due to my obnoxious behaviour, I tell you to get out of the store.

Ask a man to pay for using a forum, he'll find new forums for free. Make a man into the commodity that gives you pennies, you get to tell him to find new forums if he feels wronged.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i am afraid to say NO....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join