It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Has NASA's Curiosity Found on Mars? We'll Find Out Thursday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
NASA scientists will reveal and discuss a new finding made by Curiosity rover in a live press conference scheduled for tomorrow at 2 p.m. EDT (1800 GMT) , as usual the agency is being tight lipped about the discovery but in a statement said the news is under embargo by the journal Science until tomorrow ... interesting.

The announcement comes just days after the team resumed drilling following problems with the ailing tool after finding a new way to utilize it , perhaps they found some interesting signatures in the analysis of the drill sample or perhaps the announcement relates to something else ... until tomorrow's announcement we can but guess.

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently found something intriguing on Mars, and the space agency will unveil the discovery Thursday (June 7).
The space agency revealed few details about what will be announced Thursday, but the "live discussion" will feature "new science results from NASA's Mars Curiosity rover," according to a NASA announcement. Why all the secrecy? "The results are embargoed by the journal Science until then," NASA wrote in the statement.
www.space.com...

Not sayin it's Aliens but .....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently found something intriguing on Mars, and the space agency will unveil the discovery Thursday (June 7).

Nah thats BS , everyone knows the good stuff and the truth only comes out on Documentaries .

edit on 03630America/ChicagoWed, 06 Jun 2018 10:03:35 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
NASA does this all the time.
They have some big announcement and it turns out to be some comet dust or something.

I'd like to get excited, but meh. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm certainly not holding my breath.

We know how these NASA's press conferences can be disappointing

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am going to go with. "Nothing"

By nothing, I mean nothing of an earth shattering discovery. Sometimes I think NASA does this stuff on purpose just to get attention to their program.

I'd call it a discovery if they found something other than rocks, microbes, or something that seems obvious to occur on Mars.

We shall see indeed though. I can't wait!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It won't be Aliens.

It's never aliens until it is. When it is, we will likely know it right away.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The likelihood is it will be something scientifically interesting that holds little excitement for us but the law of probabilities says one of these announcements , sooner or later , will make us excited ... perhaps this is it.

At least it's not long to wait.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I’m sure secureteam will tell us

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Are there any clues as to what this might be about in the specialities of the presenters giving the presentation?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
something of scientific interest but limited public appeal. as per every single similar 'big announcement' they ever make.

boring.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It won't be Aliens.

It's never aliens until it is. When it is, we will likely know it right away.

If it was Aliens I'd probably write a paper on the discovery for a scientific journal like Science and have an embargo put on it so the news doesn't leak out before I could announce it , but that's just me.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Here's the board:

- Paul Mahaffy, director of the Solar System Exploration Division at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland
- Jen Eigenbrode, research scientist at Goddard
- Chris Webster, senior research fellow, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California
- Ashwin Vasavada, Mars Science Laboratory project scientist, JPL

Pretty sure it's no big discovery or anything related to microbiology.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Sorry you find it boring Laz but things of scientific appeal can also be interesting to those with an interest in space exploration.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Pretty sure it's no big discovery or anything related to microbiology.

It's Aliens till it aint.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
doublepost
edit on 6-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

link   

I wish it was aliens too, man

But it isn't aliens 'till it is.

link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I sense a feeling this is just a publicity stunt so the government won't have a reason cancel the program. NASA used to be one of the most active programs on the planet. Now they are struggling to make themselves relevant when private entities like Space X and Virgin Galactic are making leaps and bounds.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Now they are struggling to make themselves relevant when private entities like Space X and Virgin Galactic are making leaps and bounds.

NASA aren't struggling to make themselves relevant at all , I'd argue they're as relevant today as they were back in the Apollo days , perhaps more so today given the missions they are responsible for.

The world would be a darker place without the light they and ESA shine on the Cosmos and our place in it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They always hype this stuff up and it turns out to be something basic that is already known. They hyped up an announcement about the atmosphere and then they said that solar wind was striping particles from the atmosphere....yeah no s----, we've known that for a long time, that's pretty basic stuff. They will probably say that they found rocks that were eroded from water from the ancient ocean or something like that, that is already known.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Methane clouds created by Alien farts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join