It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the long war on terror over

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
It'll never be over while there's money to be made from it.

I agree the War will never be over until every single Arab is dead in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Long as there are people who want to impose their religion,economic policies,customs,racial differences,culture,etc. on other people it`s never going to stop.Either extinction or intervention by aliens,A.I. or God is the only way it can end.It simply is human nature.Yeah,I know that's a bleak outlook,but its reality.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You mean this Total War of yours could be over one day? Why? I mean... those morons could just start to lable domestic, and perfectly legit, dissent as terrorism instead. Oh, wait! They did that already. Hm...

Conclusion

This essay has sought to argue that the U.S. military-industrial complex was the unintentional result of both a desire to stabilize the global capitalist system and to protect national security interests, but that military spending is now closely linked to the personal interests of a small, influential group of elites. In the first section, [...]
The second section focused on the global war on terror, arguing that the U.S. is capitalizing on public fears which are based on an incorrect assessment of the causes of terrorism. The war on terror has done little to eradicate terrorism, but as long as the public continues believing it is a necessary war, the U.S. military-industrial complex will continue using it as an opportunity to keep military budgets high.

Inquiriesjournal

Oi, back off! This budget is meant to stay high, foreverever. Go away and get high yourself?

edit on 6-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
How many Arabs must die before the war on terror is over?

What number do you think would be acceptable?
5?
35?
1,033,223?

Terror is an ill defined concept that cannot be beaten.

That's the beauty of it!
The war on terror will never be over.
The Military Industrial Complex has won.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It wont end anytime soon until something drastic happens.
edit on 6-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

When is the long war on terror over

When the profit motive is taken out of the war machine. War is a business. Who really profits?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It's not a war on terror...it never really has been. It's war over strategic control of the area between Asia and Europe. It's been going on for thousands of years...it's never going to end until the entire region is nothing but a moonscape unfit for life.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

As in the book, 1984, the war on terror never ends. It is the primary tool for societal manipulation. Reporting on terror and death is more important than terror or death, to the point that terror and death don't matter, only telling the general population it's happening does, eg., reporting on nothing.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
We will likely never leave Afghanistan. Strategically speaking it is a significant Middle Eastern foothold with access to Pakistan and Iran. It also boasts the largest unexploited mineral deposits on Earth and a Chinese government hell-bent on staking a claim there, to the point of supplying groups like the Haqqani Network with rockets and rocket parts and other weapons. (I found a lot of Chinese weapons out there...mostly after they'd been fired at me)

So when will it be over? When there are no interests on Earth who are also competing for resources and strategic positioning.
edit on 6 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It is not a war on 'terror' - it is a war on 'Terra'!!
War on Earth!

edit on 6-6-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When is the war on terror over?
Answer:

When one of these is parked over every nation in the world.

And everybody is shooting at one of these, rather than each other.

-dex

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Isn't it sweet that those "strategic" countries have minimal military abilities?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Isn't it sweet that those "strategic" countries have minimal military abilities?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

-someone

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
A common enemy has already been provided.
Global warming and save the world - the agenda is make reservations for wildlife and decrease humans.
Look up Agenda 21.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I agree the War will never be over until every single Arab is dead in the Middle East.

Has nothing todo with Arab themselves, its about money. Arabs are just caught in the middle and being herded into the MIC game.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: intrepid

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

-someone

So pick on the weak ones. Got it. That may work for evolutionary reasons but politically you're just a bully. And a coward I might add.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That may work for evolutionary reasons but politically you're just a bully. And a coward I might add.

Why are you angry at me? I'm not the one making policy, asshole.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
never. a permanent state of fear is the PTB's ideal and everything is now in place to maintain it indefinitely. the end.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: intrepid

That may work for evolutionary reasons but politically you're just a bully. And a coward I might add.

Why are you angry at me? I'm not the one making policy, asshole.

"You" as in the US. Dip#.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: DexterRiley
A common enemy has already been provided.
Global warming and save the world - the agenda is make reservations for wildlife and decrease humans.
Look up Agenda 21.

Global warming is too abstract of a concept to really scare the global population into cooperation and take their minds off of fighting each.

-dex

<< 1    3 >>

join