It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Obama-era license let Iran tap dollars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The Obama administration secretly sought to give Iran access — albeit briefly — to the U.S. financial system by sidestepping sanctions kept in place after the 2015 nuclear deal, despite repeatedly telling Congress and the public it had no plans to do so.

The license issued to Bank Muscat stood in stark contrast to repeated public statements from the Obama White House, the Treasury and the State Department, all of which denied that the administration was contemplating allowing Iran access to the U.S. financial system

apnews.com...:-Secret-Obama-era-license-let-Iran-tap-dollars

The obama admin sought to help Iran change billions of dillars worth of their currency to US dollars, so that they could be transferred to euros

This was above and beyond the deals of the Iran deal, and obama and his officials lied to congress repeatedly, assuring them that they would not give Iran access to the us financial system, all the while knowingly attempting to do just that

The only thing that stopped this from going forward was the us banks themselves refusing obama, because they didn’t want to get the reputation for working with Iran

Now keep in mind, Kerry had already admitted at this point that they knew that Iran was going to use some of this money to fund terrorism

So obama not only shipped them pallets of cash, he then sought to go beyond the deal by lying to Congress and American people saying he wouldn’t, and sought to get Iran even more access to funds they could further use to fund terrorsim

Obama had to major “achievements “ on policy

Obamacare domestically, and the Iran deal foreign policy

He lied significantly to get both of those through

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yup, the Iran deal is a scam. Defenders of Obama should now this.

If they don't, it's for lack of interest to know the truth.

And if they do, then that's even worst.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Is Obama or Kerry the bad guy? Kerry is a jerk.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yay, and now we have an Iran planning on installing "a few" more centrifuges.

But no worries, those are for .. civil services only.

And totally a legal part of whatever treaty the leaders of Iran feel obliged to nowadays.
GOOD DEAL, NOT SAD!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Now keep in mind, Kerry had already admitted at this point that they knew that Iran was going to use some of this money to fund terrorism So obama not only shipped them pallets of cash, he then sought to go beyond the deal by lying to Congress and American people saying he wouldn’t, and sought to get Iran even more access to funds they could further use to fund terrorsim Obama had to major “achievements “ on policy Obamacare domestically, and the Iran deal foreign policy He lied significantly to get both of those through

When all is said and done these people will be exposed as the absolute worst administration in the history of the USA. We are fortunate that she did not get elected and have the country continue on the same path.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Obama was always about himself and his legacy over the needs of the people. We were fortunate he didn’t do more damage. It’s good to have a President that puts America first in office now.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Obama was the best president Iran ever had.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Benedict Arnold and Jefferson Davis would be proud of the Obama team-or relieved that they no longer are the greatest traitors to this country.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama was always about himself and his legacy over the needs of the people. We were fortunate he didn’t do more damage. It’s good to have a President that puts America first in office now.

I just don't believe that. I think Obama was a puppet who was groomed to be exactly what he was.
a "shut up and dance, monkey".

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Don't worry about Obama you guy, when a president does it, it's not illegal, remember? He already pardoned himself.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I just don't believe that. I think Obama was a puppet who was groomed to be exactly what he was.

Careful that got roseanne fired..

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Don't worry about Obama you guy, when a president does it, it's not illegal, remember? He already pardoned himself.

I didn’t say it was illegal did I?

Oh but seeing as how you are interested in feting out hypocrisy, then no doubt you would be for a special counsel looking into obama and his team, wiretapping them, investigating finances going back years, raiding his lawyer, etc., right?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I wonder if Trump will pardon him?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
=

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: network dude

Careful that got roseanne fired..

I think it is okay, because he didn't offend a terrorist organization by the comparison. Just monkeys.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
nvmd
edit on 6/6/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Part of the Deep State keeping useful 'Enemies' to use as needed....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Just another parrot repeating what the lamestream media says, you should go and look up the complete video/transcript of what he actually said...
Same thing with the wall, he said if Mexico does nothing to prevent the hordes of would-be illegals to cross their country then they will pay for the wall but you never hear that on the Lamestream/fake news media.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Pallets of cash? Correct me if I am wrong but I only remember $400 million being shipped for the release of some prisoners. As far as them receiving money from the deal, that was there money to begin with but it was frozen in the US banking systems. But like I said I could very well be wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Details here:

“Normally you’d use a bank transfer,” says Sick. “But Congress banned dollar transfers to Iran, so the government had to find another way. So they bought foreign currency, and transferred it in cash.”

5 Things You Need to Know About the $400 Million America Sent to Iran - Fortune

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

OHHHH well then I stand corrected as the Fortunes article does make sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join