It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C. Manning: Wellfare check in POLICE-STATE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

This is ridiculous and simply highlights the backwards asininity of American law. Abortion is legal because it is "their body, their choice." Drugs, prostitution, and suicide are all very illegal, no mention at all of their bodies, not to mention the specter of choice.

Seriously if Manning wanted to kill himself that is NONE of the state's business. He's not wrong, this is the action of a police state.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Usually on a "welfare check" the police have a mental health crisis worker come with them who is trained to deal with the situation. However if the state/local government are like they are where I live, they have reduced the funding for the agency that provides mental health services to the point they barely exist.

The police are on their best behavior while accompanied by a professional trained to deal with mental health issues. Without one? This is what happens! Let's see some politicians address the issue of defunding mental health services? We won't though. Also a heads up? Don't threaten to kill yourself?!?!?! The virtue signal of doing so just might end up just like this. It's much easier to just go to the emergency room, tell them you want to die and thinking of killing yourself and you'll get 3 day possibly more in the mental ward. Easy peasy!

So while everyone can talk about our mental health crisis, we have to look no further than our government who is allowing big pharm cart blanche to hand out their poison, school shootings and listen to government officials who "say" we have a mental health issue while avoiding at all costs pointing the finger at the problem, Big Pharm!

I would be curious to know what meds Manning might be on??? Then again, Hippa protects Big Pharm from this information becoming public knowledge......

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Starks said, increasingly flustered. “The fact that a weapon is drawn doesn’t mean that they are going to shoot it.”

Don't aim a weapon unless you are going to use it to shoot.

Gun safety at its finest.

P

Wrong.

Don't enter a potentially dangerous situation with your head buried in the sand.

Just because Manning is suicidal doesn't mean she doesn't pose a risk to the officers.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Sometimes if you beg for attention, you might just get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: pheonix358

Starks said, increasingly flustered. “The fact that a weapon is drawn doesn’t mean that they are going to shoot it.”

Don't aim a weapon unless you are going to use it to shoot.

Gun safety at its finest.

P

Wrong.

Don't enter a potentially dangerous situation with your head buried in the sand.

Just because Manning is suicidal doesn't mean she doesn't pose a risk to the officers.

gotta love the logic of someone condoning breaking and entering.

they had no business being there.

i am really supposed to believe that those cops were trying to save it?

if so then they should be fired for having poor judgment

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I did no such thing and neither did the cops. They wouldn't have shown up without a complaint or request for service.

Yes they did. See above.

That's part of their job sometimes, to save people we don't like as well as the ones we do.

Ultracrepidarian statements are not a good look.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Exactly, also maybe a lot of people here forgot but Bradly Manning was a soldier in the US Army. So going in on a possible suicide attempt unarmed could mean death to the cops if Manning was having a PTSD event. Since nobody knew what the hell was going on, it was a prudent move on the part of the Police.

Full disclosure though, I personally know someone that was killed and a few others that were sidelined for what Manning did. So from a person perspective I would have just let him jump.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I did no such thing and neither did the cops. They wouldn't have shown up without a complaint or request for service.

Yes they did. See above.

That's part of their job sometimes, to save people we don't like as well as the ones we do.

Ultracrepidarian statements are not a good look.

there was no complaint or call for service

breaking and entering

guess what? cops are allowed to exercise judgment but the choose to bury their head in ignorance and cite procedure
dum dum dum

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

So going in on a possible suicide attempt unarmed could mean death to the cops if Manning was having a PTSD event.

Manning was an intel soldier. His only experience with weapons is a semiannual qualification range. If he has PTSD it is from his time in prison.

PTSD doesn't translate into violence.
edit on 6 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

How do you know there wasn't a call for service from a concerned friend or family member?

Further, did you read the source? Not exactly heavy on facts. It's conjecture and opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

So going in on a possible suicide attempt unarmed could mean death to the cops if Manning was having a PTSD event.

Manning was an intel soldier. His only experience with weapons is a biannual qualification range. If he has PTSD it is from his time in prison.

PTSD doesn't translate into violence.

As a person with PTS, I know it doesn't translate to violence, but many many people seem to think it does. Sadly for those of us that deal with it, some people even will use it as an excuse for violent lashings out. That's why I stated PTSD, since that's the term they like to use.

I don't think Manning has the mental fortitude to deal with what he did not only to his fellow soldiers but also to his body. He really doesn't seem as stable as the media portrays him to be. He could be suffering from trauma rom knowing that he was part of getting men killed, from abuse he received in jail, or from getting his pee-pee wacked off. Could be anything, but I think you got my point. He was trained in some military tactics, he also had some training with a firearm, so a responding Police Officer could assume that a suicide call might go bad quickly.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

facts?

fact is the cops broke her/his door then entered the home

like a bunch of mindless drones

here on earth that is called breaking and entering

they have no right to be dumb thugs no matter how many calls or concerns they get

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Your posts are reactionary and illogical.

I have less important things to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Moral of the story?

Don't post stupid # on social media.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Probably suicidal from all those pills he's been taking to look like a girl. God didn't plan on that dude looking like a woman, but maybe he can win the next Miss America.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I don't understand these people that ring the police to "check up" on someone they fear for....why not social services? or a medical professional? Knowing the trigger happy cops they would be the last people I would call if I hoped to see an ill friend alive again!!!

They have every right to be "trigger happy" as you put it. There have been several cases where 911 was called and when the police showed to make sure everything was ok, the own or 911 caller opened the door and opened fire on the police.

Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Your posts are reactionary and illogical.

I have less important things to do.

so it is irrational to not break doors down?

enjoy your less important deeds

you are basically telling me that all a person has to do is anonymously report people they have problems with in a certain manner and the gov. will send a hit squad out to tcb.

you got an addy buddy?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I can’t help but wonder if this was a “missed opportunity” for the state to have an “accidental shooting” of Ms Manning. Lord knows this administration would love to kill a no good whistleblowing “Tranny”.

Wow, that was a disturbingly over-dramatic response.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

you are basically telling me that all a person has to do is anonymously report people they have problems with in a certain manner and the gov. will send a hit squad out to tcb.

A hit squad?

Alright, we're done here.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Isn't Manning running for office there in Maryland? This could also be a stunt for him to try to use later this year about "excessive police force/brutality." You can't trust people like Manning, he's mentally unstable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join