It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Steel to restart second blast furnace, create 300 new jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't see why this is BIG news. 300-800 jobs? That's not going to effect anything much. If it trends then you might have something there. This is just a news bit for those that are saying the tariffs, and/or tax cuts, are working. Too soon to tell.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Theres a lot of parallels happening right now with what happened in Nazi Germany. Remember he was on time magazine right?

Even FDR released a New Deal around the same time Hitler rose to power and "fixed" the German economy

There was major shift with I think Uranus into Saturn or I forget the exact details but its very similar to that time period

Brace yourselves

Some actual History learning bears into mind, Germany had lost the Great War and they wanted revenge on France, in WW2 when a German father sent their son to was the told him: Kill a Frenchman for me....
Do you know France signed their surrender to Germany in a park ?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Why wouldnt they work?

I dont get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Why wouldnt they work?

I dont get it.

Because there hasn't been time to determine whether or not they do. The economy doesn't just automatically change because these are implemented.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I don't see why this is BIG news. 300-800 jobs? That's not going to effect anything much. If it trends then you might have something there. This is just a news bit for those that are saying the tariffs, and/or tax cuts, are working. Too soon to tell.

Typically every job created creates 4 more outside of that. To view ANY job creation as a ho hum topic is absolutely ridiculous. After being told for 8 years these jobs would never be coming back - EVERY JOB is important.

I am sure that some of those thinking this is nothing would rather see a decrease in jobs to push for more government programs of free stuff.

This is just a beginning - a lot better than the recent past.

God Bless America !

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I LOVE it originally from PA .
Bets news In a long long time .
so 300 steel jobs is not impressive hu ?
ok what about the 250 k restarted ind jobs that will be soon ? does that impress you ?
jobs that will not require 4 years of collage jobs that the average man can do pay for a home health and his golden years not needing any help .

I am 52 and have done what was called line work my father is over 70 and worked at delbar ( made truck mirrors ) for over 20 years bought his home raised his kids and he was basically a useless lush .

On a side note Walmart will be paying more so will fast food joints . Supply and demand . Better paying jobs easy to get even easer to do then flipping buggers any one can push buttons .
For some reason that person is worth more then the one who is responsible for being sure the food you eat is not going to kill you .

I honstly thought no way Trump would manage to do much OO i believed he wanted to but going up against the system one man ?
But every time I turn around Trump proves he can .G Freankly if he just added a little class to his act he would be the best we have had in my life time .

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So what is the philosophy and principle behind how bigger government and government taking money from people = better business environment

I really dont know so please break it down for me

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Only 300? Thats kind of sad... it wont even make a dent in the stats.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
Only 300? Thats kind of sad... it wont even make a dent in the stats.

Tell that to the 300 that just got hired and can now pay their bills that it is sad.

<< 1  2   >>

join