It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Steel to restart second blast furnace, create 300 new jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We have an iron ore mine here in the area, I bet they are glad to see possible tarriffs going on imported steel, U.S. Steel buys some of there their steel, they had shut down one of the two mines here a few years ago because of competition from abroad.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

originally posted by: toysforadults
Theres a lot of parallels happening right now with what happened in Nazi Germany. Remember he was on time magazine right?

Even FDR released a New Deal around the same time Hitler rose to power and "fixed" the German economy

There was major shift with I think Uranus into Saturn or I forget the exact details but its very similar to that time period

Brace yourselves

THIS!

You're very close. The truth is (something us flat earthers have known for eons) that the whole Nibiru narrative is misdirection employed by TPTB to distract us from the truth.

"Nibiru" is here. Has been for a long time. The word "Nibiru" from ancient sumerian texts, roughly translates to "soul of Hitler".

The first man to fall victim to the curse was a man by the name of Adolf. He subsequently perished in April of 1945. Our current president, Trump, was born just one year later in June of 1946. This is significant because "soul of Hitler" only returns to Earth in the month of June.

Hitler is here and now.

Brace yourselves.

I am quoting this so that everyone can pause and reflect about ancient Sumerian texts (4500 to 1900 BCE) referencing Hitler (1889-1945 CE).

Then look at the fact Hitler was born in April vs. the claim that his soul "only returns to Earth in the month of June."

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
CNN:

US Steel cuts job increase down to 800

🚬🔑

"A spokesperson was quoted as saying, 'I wish we could hire everyone,' resulting in millions of hypothetical jobs being lost due to Trump... who is also a jerk."

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
scrap dealers i know have been sell there scrap steel to be exported to china because there is not enough steel mills on the US west coast to use all of it.

the US should put a ban on exporting scrap steel out of the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

Is this considered "manufacturing"? Obama said the manufacturing industry was not coming back to America.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

originally posted by: xuenchen
CNN:

US Steel cuts job increase down to 800

🚬🔑

"A spokesperson was quoted as saying, 'I wish we could hire everyone,' resulting in millions of hypothetical jobs being lost due to Trump... who is also a jerk."

An anonymous spokesperson again? They're everywhere aren't they!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Outside looking in............this is great news for Americans.

It has been sad to see such a great nation slowly collapse over the years.

Things are changing. Changing for the good it seems.............although many on here hate Trump. Seems from the outside looking in he is actually keeping his promises, which is good for you huh?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's good to see these tariffs are working out for atleast 300 hundred people... To bad their going to hurt every other consumer in the entire country though.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The only time you'll ever see a leftist tout Austrian economics is when they can use it to bitch about Donald Trump.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

This is great news and I'm a Brit! China needs more competition in this industry.
I would like to know where all this demand is coming from though. Are you going to use this steel to build your own infrastructure or sell it to another country?

Obviously this thread is going to get political so I would like to throw in my 2p

It sounds like Trump is doing wonders for your economy and industry.
Funny how it takes someone who is not a politician to start undoing the mess that your previous 'politicians' had created.

I always had the opinion that most of our politicians are completely useless and Trump is confirming that.

MAGA

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I heard their bridge infrastructure is a bit on the dodgy side mate.

Perhaps this is the plan......

Would make a lot of jobs around the country.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not long term though. There isn't any more room for price increases.
We are in a Mexican standoff with corporations and taxes.
They will play ball, or simply won't have any customers.
They have tried to have their cake and eat it too.
You can't pay little to no wages(outsource), dodge taxes, tax employees 50% and raise prices at the same time.

They have shot themselves in the foot with greed.

Look at the auto industry. It is in trouble.
100k for a pickup truck? Not a good sign.
I am guessing their sales have halved or worse.
Almost doubling prices in order to keep afloat with the drop in new purchases.

Corps and gov need to decide if they want the country to keep being destroyed.
Trying to get ahead of what the math is telling them and disarming the country to keep the status quo instead of fixing it won't work.

The whole system will collapse if it's not reversed and people will eat the rich. Probably literally.

Balance is needed before it turns into Madmaxville.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

flat earthers

"Nibiru" is here. Has been for a long time. The word "Nibiru" from ancient sumerian texts, roughly translates to "soul of Hitler".

. Our current president, Trump, was born just one year later in June of 1946. This is significant because "soul of Hitler" only returns to Earth in the month of June.

What? This doesn't seem logical?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Theres a lot of parallels happening right now with what happened in Nazi Germany. Remember he was on time magazine right?

Even FDR released a New Deal around the same time Hitler rose to power and "fixed" the German economy

There was major shift with I think Uranus into Saturn or I forget the exact details but its very similar to that time period

Brace yourselves

For what, don’t be cryptic, spit it out.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I didnt say anything about Trump

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The rest of the world drives Germany cars and toyotas no one buys Ford or Dodge

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Invest in American mining stock it'll be a good position to be in during the next correction anyway

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Mandroid7

The rest of the world drives Germany cars and toyotas no one buys Ford or Dodge

really? sorry to tell you i see a heck of a lot more Fords and Dodges, than German cars every day. admittedly there are a lot more Toyotas, Mitsubishis and Hyundais. but then again this is Asia, and pretty much the Japanese used car lot on top of that. in fact driving a Ford or Dodge is actually pretty much a status symbol.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
scrap dealers i know have been sell there scrap steel to be exported to china because there is not enough steel mills on the US west coast to use all of it.

the US should put a ban on exporting scrap steel out of the US.

interesting comment. i rather agree we should cut China off. but remember cutting off the scrap metal supply is actually the excuse the Japanese used to go to war against the US, and to steal resources (ie invading everyone) all over the Pacific and Asia.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

uk.parkindigo.com...

Check that out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join