It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America ends swimsuit competition

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
The lowest common denominator with the loudest mouth are reaching the doorstep of things that most people care about.

When it happens, they will tell you to "deal with it".

Oh, believe me, things will be dealt with.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It was changed to what the leaders of the Boy Scouts wanted and who thought it was the right thing to do.

It was changed to what the organizers of the pageant wanted and decided was the best course to take to move this in a direction they felt it should go.

No, they were both changed due to political pressure to be politically correct.

Deal with it.

No, you get to deal with it. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

You see, many years ago I wasn't a de facto hermit. I enjoyed going out to movies, socializing, having a nice meal out... you know, the things most people enjoy. I dearly love Mexican and Italian food and sci-fi movies. But then political correctness appeared, and I was slowly pushed out of society. First I couldn't go anywhere without someone complaining about my smoking... then the ashtrays disappeared from the movie theaters and I was forced to go outside and miss part of the movie I paid to see if I needed a puff of nicotine. Then I had to start being overly cautious about what words I used in what group... what was the word that was accepted this week again? Then restaurants started making me get up and walk outside after eating, smoke my smoke, then come back inside and rejoin the conversation while I finished off my drink. Then airlines decided I wasn't allowed on them either. Bars were fine with a sloppy drunk struggling to crawl to the bathroom (and usually not making it) but light up a smoke and you're some sort of demonic entity.

I was kicked out of society. I never changed; society did, and there was no room left for me.

Your turn is coming, because all this change has taken on a life of its own. You will eventually lose everything you enjoy as well. Tradition and memorials kept us as a people rooted in our basic beliefs; now that those are gone, there is no resistance to change any more. In the space of less than a full generation, everything you take for granted can be wiped away and you can be the next demon to be shunned.

So your little "deal with it" means nothing more than a desperate scream that you have absolutely no comprehension what you are saying. I HAVE DEALT WITH IT. I dealt with your kind demanding that society change to accommodate them and to Hades with anyone else. There's nothing more you can take from me of great consequence. Congratulations; you have your fascist utopia. Can you keep it when everyone else realizes they are being left out in the cold too? Or when suddenly you are the one who enjoys the things others want to destroy?

YOU deal with it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Best thing I have read all week is The Rednecks post above and i must agree with him 100%.

You "Deal with it"

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It was changed to what the leaders of the Boy Scouts wanted and who thought it was the right thing to do.

It was changed to what the organizers of the pageant wanted and decided was the best course to take to move this in a direction they felt it should go.

Deal with it.

You see, many years ago I wasn't a de facto hermit. I enjoyed going out to movies, socializing, having a nice meal out... you know, the things most people enjoy. I dearly love Mexican and Italian food and sci-fi movies. But then political correctness appeared, and I was slowly pushed out of society. First I couldn't go anywhere without someone complaining about my smoking... then the ashtrays disappeared from the movie theaters and I was forced to go outside and miss part of the movie I paid to see if I needed a puff of nicotine. Then I had to start being overly cautious about what words I used in what group... what was the word that was accepted this week again? Then restaurants started making me get up and walk outside after eating, smoke my smoke, then come back inside and rejoin the conversation while I finished off my drink. Then airlines decided I wasn't allowed on them either. Bars were fine with a sloppy drunk struggling to crawl to the bathroom (and usually not making it) but light up a smoke and you're some sort of demonic entity.

I was kicked out of society. I never changed; society did, and there was no room left for me.

Your turn is coming, because all this change has taken on a life of its own. You will eventually lose everything you enjoy as well. Tradition and memorials kept us as a people rooted in our basic beliefs; now that those are gone, there is no resistance to change any more. In the space of less than a full generation, everything you take for granted can be wiped away and you can be the next demon to be shunned.

So your little "deal with it" means nothing more than a desperate scream that you have absolutely no comprehension what you are saying. I HAVE DEALT WITH IT. I dealt with your kind demanding that society change to accommodate them and to Hades with anyone else. There's nothing more you can take from me of great consequence. Congratulations; you have your fascist utopia. Can you keep it when everyone else realizes they are being left out in the cold too? Or when suddenly you are the one who enjoys the things others want to destroy?

YOU deal with it.

TheRedneck

No, you are not dealing with it you are holding on to things that others say are not fair or are damaging them in some way and you don't care. Well, it does not matter if you care or not, these changes are being made regardless, so deal with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Deal with it.

YOU deal with it.

TheRedneck

No, you are not dealing with it you are holding on to things that others say are not fair or are damaging them in some way and you don't care. Well, it does not matter if you care or not, these changes are being made regardless, so deal with it.

Remember, change is not permanent.

That's why it's called change.

I hear ya, Redneck!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So, here we are, nearly (10) pages later (from this morning), arguing about the same damn thing!

I'm sorry, but a certain member is sorely misinformed, and much like another questioning member (who refuses to do his research) we have a person asking others to prove things which are widely known and understood. Proven fact, but because of their refusal to do their own research they have an 'argument'. An argument not with anyone really, but their own lack of effort.

And I should be surprised?

(Sigh).

ETA...is this how a "troll" is defined??? Someone so insistent on distracting the point with superfulous questions about stuff they should already know so as to detract the conversation down into the weeds so the original point is lost. Isn't that the way now?????
edit on 6/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wow .. so all those nebulous references to other comments on this thread completely lost me.

What are you trying to say, exactly?

I cannot break through your 'ivory tower' speak. I didn't take that class, I guess. *shrug*

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Deal with it.

YOU deal with it.

TheRedneck

Remember, change is not permanent.

That's why it's called change.

I hear ya, Redneck!

Some change is progression which is in constant flux according to society's progression. We oldies can choose to hang on to the safe and familiar or adapt. I choose to adapt and try to understand others' need for things to change.

I don't hear ya, Redneck!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Is it okay for members here to make blanket statements without facts and not be challenged on those statements? I didn't get the memo.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
*Checks the thread title again*

Oh yeah, I am sorely upset they got rid of the swimsuits as well, not because I ever watched them, but because it to me was another encroaching effort in a long line of them, on both gender lines, to sway and change opinion and ideals.

What happened about being free?

You're not free to do you, " fam ", you're free to watch yourself, so that you don't offend someone and end up a vial opinion hitpiece.

I can relate with Redneck, as there is something deeper happening here, and it's not equality, that easily meshes with freedom, what we have here folks, is that have and have nots fence being put up...

You may want to pay attention.

I did my research, also don't just accept things at face value and look deeper into things, and guess what, they don't add up, there's more to this and to just be ok with the spoonfed agenda, is a bit scary.
edit on 6-6-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because: An I don't smoke and nor will I bicker...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's OK... you will.

TheRedneck

(A quick thanks to those who posted in positive response. It's nice to not feel quite so alone.
)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

If you did any simple research on this, the organizers simply stated that the swimsuit segment was deemed to be sexual objectification and exploitation and they have a right to decide what is right for them to move forward. It has nothing to do with any wider conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That's OK... you will.

TheRedneck

(A quick thanks to those who posted in positive response. It's nice to not feel quite so alone.
)

I am posting in positive response, you are just taking it as negative because it is in opposition to your views.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yep, you definitely need a dictionary.

Please, I beg you... DO NOT help me. I've had all of your kind's help I can take.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Please, I beg you... DO NOT help me. I've had all of your kind's help I can take.

TheRedneck

Sorry, that is my calling, to help explain things to people like you so that there may be an inkling of understanding others' needs. If you can't stand the truth stay out of this discussion.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That's OK... you will.

TheRedneck

)

I am posting in positive response, you are just taking it as negative because it is in opposition to your views.

Saying "deal with it" when somebody doesn't agree with you is not very positive.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

That's OK... you will.

TheRedneck

)

Saying "deal with it" when somebody doesn't agree with you is not very positive.

Why not deal with it? After all it is now a reality and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Why whine and complain, that won't change anything?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Sorry, that is my calling, to help explain things to people like you so that there may be an inkling of understanding others' needs. If you can't stand the truth stay out of this discussion.

And one more thing, nobody needs people like you to explain ANYTHING.
You have no idea of understanding other peoples needs.
None. Your posts have proven this. You only care about you.
If it is your "calling" to help explain this, you need another calling.
Telling people to stay out of a discussion because they don't agree with what you think, is being what you profess to hate.
edit on 2018-06-06T21:21:49-05:002201806America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Our business is on the periphery of the pageant business, and this probably just put a lot of people out of business according to rumblings I've heard. From designers to pattern makers, magazines and media and retailers, all in a industry that was difficult to sustain to begin with. The pageant business really helped manufacturers bottomline and fed into the prom business which is huge here in the south east. To many this feels like a self inflicted wound to an industry that is already been struggling to stay viable domestically. Not to mention the individuals that benefitted greatly from the competition over the years, not just the famous ones. Ones that started careers and became independent and grew from the experience. We will see what this evolves into, but its immediate result just blind sided a lot of people and will close some businesses big and small, businesses that are overwhelmingly owned by women.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
duplicate post
edit on 6-6-2018 by putnam6 because: duplicate post

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join