It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America ends swimsuit competition

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm surprised this is still a thing. Who even watches this crap anymore? Society has evolved past this inane competition.

Bull pooky.

Hot babes are still hot babes. We aren't "evolved". We aren't "enlightened".

Yeah but we came up with the internet.

Social evolution.

There you go T&A gallore, no need to watch or comment on what beauty pageants are doing, now is there?

Exactly. We've evolved past that. Do boys even look forward to the Sear's Wish Book today? I doubt it.

Exactly, so the question for me remains is what is the purpose of these pageants?

Boobs and Booty.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis
a reply to: TinySickTears

Decades of women transitioning from full coverage swim suit to bikini while telling everyone it's for their rights as women...

Now decades later they claim strutting almost naked in public in a bikini is anti women...

Poor people... Always doing what is trendy. The Western world forgot to think for themselves.

Had people not stopped thinking for themselves, the swim suit would not be part of the contest. Furthermore the contest would not exist.

No one is saying it is anti feminine, the point is that it does not belong in a beauty contest as the definitions of what constitutes beauty in a woman do not include a sexual objectification segment.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Flip-flop much????? Tasty 'waffle' you got there!

That's what I've been telling you...follow the advertising money, because it's all that matters in the TV and radio world (actually a whole lot more worlds than that even).

Now you suddenly agree with me that advertisers know exactly who watches and when? There are firms out there who specialize in these kinds of demographics, it's YUGE money! They make billions doing market research for exactly this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'm surprised this is still a thing. Who even watches this crap anymore? Society has evolved past this inane competition.

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

There you go T&A gallore, no need to watch or comment on what beauty pageants are doing, now is there?

Exactly. We've evolved past that. Do boys even look forward to the Sear's Wish Book today? I doubt it.

Exactly, so the question for me remains is what is the purpose of these pageants?

Boobs and Booty.

Or someone telling us what beauty should look like?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You're just being obtuse now!

Television demographics today are laser specific. They know exactly who watches what, every minute, of every day. Right down to the person just about. They know what gender watches, when they tune in, when they tune out. They know exactly whether men AND women are watching and when it's just one or the other.

How do they do it? It's a science, and it's BIG money...and it's very specific.

Don't be foolish!

I am never foolsh. They really don't know who is watching unless they do specific polling (specifically gender, age, and reason for watching), which they do not. Show me some evidence as to how you arrive at your stance.

The Nielsen ratings people actually called me on the phone to try to recruit me. So I know they are real. Google it.
Nielsen ratings

link   
Don't worry, someone will complain that certain pageant dresses are showing too many curves and need to be stopped. Then after that they will go after the sexy looking makeup and hair.

You think I am crazy for saying it but that is what it will come to maybe. Be careful of what you ask for lol.

link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Boobs and Booty.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Flip-flop much????? Tasty 'waffle' you got there!

That's what I've been telling you...follow the advertising money, because it's all that matters in the TV and radio world (actually a whole lot more worlds than that even).

Now you suddenly agree with me that advertisers know exactly who watches and when? There are firms out there who specialize in these kinds of demographics, it's YUGE money! They make billions doing market research for exactly this kind of thing.

Unless they've actually interviewed each and every viewer, which I know they did not, they know diddly squat.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Boobs and Booty.

-Abraham Lincoln

Only they if they are viewing beauty in a bikini? or is it the other way round?
edit on 16CDT08America/Chicago04380830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The point is the contestants had no choice in the matter.

You're like a spectator in the stands at Wimbledon complaining that it's unfair that the players are "forced" to use a tennis racket. OMG! They have no choice!

It's really not complicated.

If they didn't agree with the concept of using rackets then they wouldn't choose to play tennis, and no one is forcing them to play the game.

link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Man, you really teed that one up, didn't you??!!!

What's the purpose?

Heh, the purpose is to prove all women are secretly gay and like to ogle other women, the more naked the better! That way they can all cackle like hens and be critical of them and feel better about themselves. Sheesh, I thought everyone knew that!

/extreme sarcasm

link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Boobs and Booty.

-Abraham Lincoln

If it was left up to what the pageants wanted to wear, I can guarantee you the ones in the swim suits will get the most votes. The funny thing is, the show is watched by more women than men. Ironically
edit on 6-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

So all those diet coke ads with the ladies ogling the shirtless fella is a sign of a backward society?.
Women ogle men men ogle women it will never change hopefully.

That is the 'sex sells' advertising, it is part of the sexual objectification within society for both men and women. The advertisers are only interested in making money and nothing else.

I think this is a Russian fembot AI here to ruin this thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What part don't you get about...90%+ OF THE VIEWERSHIP OF BEAUTY PAGEANTS ARE WOMEN???????

You are arguing against YOURSELF!!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Not just "more", like 150% more!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Boobs and Booty.

Well that's fairly specific but doable.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Boobs and Booty.

-Abraham Lincoln

I will admit, I don't always wear a bikini when I'm watching beauty pageants.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

You're just being obtuse now!

Television demographics today are laser specific. They know exactly who watches what, every minute, of every day. Right down to the person just about. They know what gender watches, when they tune in, when they tune out. They know exactly whether men AND women are watching and when it's just one or the other.

How do they do it? It's a science, and it's BIG money...and it's very specific.

Don't be foolish!

I am never foolsh. They really don't know who is watching unless they do specific polling (specifically gender, age, and reason for watching), which they do not. Show me some evidence as to how you arrive at your stance.

The Nielsen ratings people actually called me on the phone to try to recruit me. So I know they are real. Google it.
Nielsen ratings

Since viewers are aware of being part of the Nielsen sample, it can lead to response bias in recording and viewing habits. Audience counts gathered by the self-reporting diary methodology are sometimes higher than those gathered by the electronic meters which eliminate any response bias.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ain't English great???

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Bull pooky.

Social evolution.

Boobs and Booty.

-Abraham Lincoln

I will admit, I don't always wear a bikini when I'm watching beauty pageants.

I don't watch beauty pageants at all, bikini on or off.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join