It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News under fire for using photos of Eagles players praying during segment on NFL anthem dispute

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

Lolwut? How am I wrong? I know they apologized. Never said they didn't.

Other than when you said they never apologize

Quote me then.

www.nytimes.com...

Fox News Apologizes for Featuring Veteran Who Lied About Being a Navy SEAL

money.cnn.com...

Fox News apologizes for erroneous Quebec terror tweet

www.salon.com...

Fox News apologizes for getting a report on food stamp fraud so very, very wrong

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I don’t know about hope for the msm

For individuals in it, sure

But at this point, it seems clear that all sides are more interested in being biased commentators than journalists

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

Lolwut? How am I wrong? I know they apologized. Never said they didn't.

Other than when you said they never apologize

Quote me then.

www.nytimes.com...

Fox News Apologizes for Featuring Veteran Who Lied About Being a Navy SEAL

money.cnn.com...

Fox News apologizes for erroneous Quebec terror tweet

www.salon.com...

Fox News apologizes for getting a report on food stamp fraud so very, very wrong

Thank you. I wonder if they made the revisions or corrections?

I've read their articles and opinion pieces that are full of blatant lies and I rarely ever see them apologize for them. Like I said I am a long time Fox News reader. I love their articles, especially opinion pieces because they're nothing but entertaining.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I don't follow FOX News, so I can't say. I did try Googling to see if any group has setup some manner of scorecard comparing the major outlets' track records on retractions and corrections and what I found actually makes some logical sense... retractions are a pain in the ass for any watchdog group to get an accurate number on, simply because they tend to only come to light if another news group draws attention to them or are a major story. Corrections, on the other hand, are impossible to track accurately. None of the networks draw attention to their corrections and finding them requires one to follow the original posting of the story until said correction takes place because the industry standards simply require a small blurb at the top or bottom of the original article saying "this article was updated to correct XYZ on date/time". In other words, the beast is far to large to properly check for fleas.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Trump just did this to jinn up an issue that didn’t exist for sordid political reasons.

Trump is the lowest of the low

Not one Eagle during the season took a knee.
edit on 5-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When is Trump going to call Fox News fake news?

He does every time Sheppard Smith opens his mouth. I have little doubt those two hate each other. You can literally see it on sheps face when he has to talk about Trump.

money.cnn.com...
edit on 6/5/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

When is Trump going to call Fox News fake news?

When they turned on him.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Meanwhile, MSNBC can purposely edit footage of a black man with an AR15 in order to give the wrong impression it was a white guy, then proceeded to incite racist hysteria. They never apologized and nobody ever called them on it besides me and a few others.

(starts at 1:40)

edit on 6-6-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If you believe anything on faux news you are mentally lazy. Period end of story. Faux news is manna for morons. a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Maybe they should have used footage of Eagles players getting arrested.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
As to the OP, FOX screwed up. I find your comments on them "not really being sorry" to be somewhat humorous for a pair of reasons.
1. Aside from God, nobody can read someone else's intent. Acceptance of an apology is the ultimate faith action, really... and the acceptance or refusal of such speaks of the character of the recipient more than of the apologizer.
2. By the standard you're using here, no news media outlet is ever really sorry for their errors. They all issue apologies because it's expected of them and they want to keep playing the game.

Trump's comments, on the other hand, were part of his commentary on the Eagles, but were on the NFL as a whole. While the Eagles may have had no kneelers, they certainly had anthem grandstanders as every NFL team did.

Anyone with this view should read this.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Ask any Trump supporter. They'll say, "It must be true, it's on Fox". Shepard Smith isn't going to be happy about this.

Fox News = Fake News.

Definitely. They are the Only station that has a plethora of hosts from both sides of the partisan aisle. Why would you ever want to hear opposing points of view? I am like you, I just like hearing what makes me feel good. I like it when the hosts on CNN MSNBC say things I agree with, because they are smart and make a lot of money, so, it's comforting when I see smart famous people saying things I agree with, because then it makes Me feel like Im also smart. That's why I never watch FOX, cause why would I ever want to be exposed to other points of view and other people's perspectives? I know my team is right, and the other guys are bad. End of story!
edit on 6/6/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Sorry..... but not really sorry, just sorry we got caught.

They had no choice. They had to manipulate the president somehow.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Here is another perspective I had not yet heard thoroughly that you may find interesting lawandcrime.com...
Read it all before you make assumptions. It's not that long at all, I promise I got through it in 5 mins whole being distracted. And I even agree with the John McCain quote at the end, although I question his motives.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
yep fox has went off the farm on this one

just read their news reports surrounding the subject and you can see much hate from them.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump just did this to jinn up an issue that didn’t exist for sordid political reasons.

Trump is the lowest of the low

Not one Eagle during the season took a knee.

I would like to know why the eagles did not go to the white house

i was glad they won the bowl cause they did not kneel but then the majority declined to show to the event. why?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: luthier

Here is another perspective I had not yet heard thoroughly that you may find interesting lawandcrime.com...
Read it all before you make assumptions. It's not that long at all, I promise I got through it in 5 mins whole being distracted. And I even agree with the John McCain quote at the end, although I question his motives.

I read that stuff in the past. It's crazy but on the other hand recruitment is down so much I can't blame tem too much. Still seems crazy but less so when you realize they can't even get enough applicants to make a full special forces team.

The president going bezerker over such a stupid issue doesn't make sense. How about just cancel having sports players and actors and start bringing engineers and scientists.

I have a feeling the issue would be similar as he couldn't handle the ceo's either in his commission. He doesn't do well with criticism.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join