It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaration of Freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Knightshadowz

In your ideal world, how will you force people to comply who don't want to live in your "world"?

That's the value of that world. You dont have any crimes of necessity, and there is no greed because you can acquire whatever you fancy. And all thanks to technology providing people with homes, cars, education, food, water, and everything else.

Technology changes everything.

It redefines society, and we've failed collectively to consider evolving to solve the problems plaguing our society out of fear of breeding apathy or selfishness. It would, in fact, have the opposite result in that people would discover new passions through education and art in all of its forms.

It's hard to imagine it, but only because you let your own frame of mind skew the outcome due to fear. If you fail to see that, then you need to consider your own faults and failures. Now apply them to the world I described and see if you don't find yourself wishing you could make it so.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well, good luck with your world. Let me know when you've eliminated human greed, avarice, jealousy, elitism, bias.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The Zeitgeist Movement is *Pure Communism*

Zeitgeist Movement = most hardcore NWO propaganda ever.

Good luck with that. If taking todays tech and setting up on an all new planet, from scratch, it could work (with some ther species besides homo sapiens). But here on Earth, good luck with that!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

As a mental exorcise its interesting to discuss what Shangri-La might be like but in reality we humans would fail miserably.

If we could exist and have all the things we want without the need to put forth any effort to get them, we humans, as is our nature, would not do well.

In a country of well over 300 million souls, the needs are so great to even just maintain and manage a fully automated society would mean a lot of people would have to make the sacrifice and often do jobs they may not wish to do.

We are humans, we are not some theoretical beings who have suddenly lost all of our genetic traits of tribalism and self preservation. Even in this Shangri-La there would be greed, hate and a desire to have what others have you do not. We would be at each others throats over personal belongings and why Johnny has a newer widget than we do and how it's just not fair he has such a widget.

You can dream all you want, but even if machines do take over most of the work, we will still need leaders, laws, law enforcement and people to maintain the machines and build the new ones.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I wonder if the OP would leave the Amish alone.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm trying to imagine a DBCowboy world in my head and it hurts. Please make it stop!

Sorry had a mental lapse for a moment.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The poor Amish, people are always picking on them.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I'm trying to imagine a DBCowboy world in my head and it hurts. Please make it stop!

Sorry had a mental lapse for a moment.

My world is just like this world.

Only we all wear Viking helmets and yoga pants.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

yoga pants.

Now see what I mean! Many if not most people on this rock should never, ever wear yoga pants.
edit on 6/5/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

yoga pants.

Now see what I mean! Many if not most people on this rock should never, ever wear yoga pants.

It's good to know that the moderators take pleasure in detracting from a posters topic by taking jabs at the way a post was worded. I was mistaken in my assumption that anyone might actually take this topic with any level of constructive input aside from how and why it would fail. If you're unable to grasp my intent, or incapable of rationalizing the inevitable evolution of technology and how it's applies to the future, then I've wasted my time and won't any further.

Bunch of jerks.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Knightshadowz because:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Puhlease.

The world is a harsh bitter place. And that needs to be factored into any of this kind of thinking.

Tech can do the stuff you're talking about, but humans are the problem.

A 'Pure' approach just cant work because all it takes is one person to disagree.

I advise you think it thru how not to have to do it ala 'Pure Communism'.

You should check out my piece about that linked above, as Marx his original stuff was about how machines were going to trigger all that stuff you're on to. Hasnt happened yet, although we're getting into an era that it could.

But Communism just doesnt work above 'Village Scale' without requiring Stalinism.

Likewise, we have the oligarchs that rule the world, while the world as presented on TV is a cruel joke of a farcical myth (to put it 'nicely'). And this key point is what none of the other, the 'pop futurists' seems to acknowledge, and I find they dont prefer to even talk about. Of course its the oligarchs funding them and their work. The implications of the oligarchs WANTING the techs you talk about, when we know they have no intention of using it like you talk about, is an ever increasing disaster in the works.

We have to culturally evolve as a species before we can get anywhere near your idealism in the world. And to even survive this Century. And thats a big problem. We must break The Darkest Patterns, and to do that its going to take a whole lot of people taking our full cultural evolutionary history into account. No small task. I know its going to take me 100 episodes. Getting people to actually see it now, well the oligarchs got effective designs against that...

edit on 6-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I actually gave a very clear reply with my opinions quoted below?

As a mental exorcise its interesting to discuss what Shangri-La might be like but in reality we humans would fail miserably.

If we could exist and have all the things we want without the need to put forth any effort to get them, we humans, as is our nature, would not do well.

In a country of well over 300 million souls, the needs are so great to even just maintain and manage a fully automated society would mean a lot of people would have to make the sacrifice and often do jobs they may not wish to do.

We are humans, we are not some theoretical beings who have suddenly lost all of our genetic traits of tribalism and self preservation. Even in this Shangri-La there would be greed, hate and a desire to have what others have you do not. We would be at each others throats over personal belongings and why Johnny has a newer widget than we do and how it's just not fair he has such a widget.

You can dream all you want, but even if machines do take over most of the work, we will still need leaders, laws, law enforcement and people to maintain the machines and build the new ones.

Not agreeing with you does not make a person a "jerk".
edit on 6/6/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Oh lord where to start....

I'll start off with the list of assumptions:

Assumptions:
1) Quality of life is inversely proportional to financial gain....

2) scarcity is the only reason for poverty...
a) availability is the only reason for wealth...

3) freedom = zero responsibility for ones self

4) physical wealth = suffering

5) everyone is equal....there is no real life....or theoretical evidence that people are actually "equal" or "should be" equal...this is a contrived ideal...no where else in the natural world is "equality" a virtue other than in our little fantasy lands...right next to utopias and free-energy.

6) the most despicable parts of human nature is directly related to rewards for effort....

7) everyone deserves shelter, comfort, and entertainment....

8) the world would be better if everything were easy and free so we could focus on being complacent artists and day-dreamers.

If you were to delete all these assumptions from your post....you wouldn't be left with much.

It may sound cliche but many of the best things in life don't come easy....are difficult to acquire and nearly impossible to maintain. I find it ironic you talk about freedom and equality immediately after ditching all self-responsibility to your neighbor...If we aren't responsible for ourselves were a burden to others.

I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but nothing you said is a new concept....it has already been attempted countless time to no positive end. The entire thing lacks two really important things....self-responsibility and grit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join